Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By co2boi
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Life insurance blood work

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member

Life insurance blood work

I'm geared up to start a Test Prop (100mg EOD) and Tren (75mg EOD) cycle. I need to have blood work done soon for a new life insurance policy. I know they look at liver values; should I hold off on the cycle until after the blood is taken? I'm waiting on an appointment date but I imagine it will be between 1-3 weeks from now. I'm going on a tropical vacation in 8 weeks so I'm anxious to get started.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Wow, been a long time since I've seen you online here or elsewhere, man. I would hold off on the cycle. I had to go through that routine to buy some supplemental life insurance and it was a royal PITA, but was worth it in the long run. Wait until you have your policy in hand and are G2G before running your cycle, IMHO.
    Don't want to give them any reason to think you are in anything but excellent health.

Edit: Buy a comfortable amount of coverage. I wish I had purchased more and then had heart issues later on. At the time I purchased mine, a hybrid policy was the best option for me. It covered 250k until retirement and then dropped to a flat 75k after that. However it was much more affordable than a 250k whole life policy and since I already have a pretty decent amount through my employer, I opted for the hybrid policy.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-02-2016 at 06:14 AM.
    Mr.BB and *Admin* like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    It has been a while; I've definitely missed it.

I'm thinking you're right. I currently have a $999,999.00 policy but it costs nearly $200/mth. I was diagnosed with anemia years ago and my doctor prescribed iron supplements; which I took religiously. Years later (last year) I tested for the aforementioned insurance policy and my ferritin levels were through the roof. Long story short, I went to a new doctor who diagnosed me with hereditary hemochromatosis. So essentially I had been killing myself everyday for years by taking iron supplements. Now that a year has passed I can be re-evaluated for a cheaper policy. I'm going to take your advice and hold off on the cycle.

Thanks for the thoughtful response brother.
    almostgone and *Admin* like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi View Post
    It has been a while; I've definitely missed it.

I'm thinking you're right. I currently have a $999,999.00 policy but it costs nearly $200/mth. I was diagnosed with anemia years ago and my doctor prescribed iron supplements; which I took religiously. Years later (last year) I tested for the aforementioned insurance policy and my ferritin levels were through the roof. Long story short, I went to a new doctor who diagnosed me with hereditary hemochromatosis. So essentially I had been killing myself everyday for years by taking iron supplements. Now that a year has passed I can be re-evaluated for a cheaper policy. I'm going to take your advice and hold off on the cycle.

Thanks for the thoughtful response brother.
    Hope to see you online more often and it was great to hear you are doing well. Enjoy that vacation, C2B!
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-03-2016 at 03:33 AM.
    co2boi likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi View Post
    I was diagnosed with anemia years ago and my doctor prescribed iron supplements; which I took religiously. Years later (last year) I tested for the aforementioned insurance policy and my ferritin levels were through the roof. Long story short, I went to a new doctor who diagnosed me with hereditary hemochromatosis. So essentially I had been killing myself everyday for years by taking iron supplements.
    If you were anemic before, there is no way that you actually have hereditary hemochromatosis. It was likely from AAS and overdoing it on the iron.

Thread Information