marcus300 interviews Flagg

marcus300: Where abouts do you live in the world and do you like living there?
Flagg:Well I live in Southampton, England right now as that's where im studying. The area im in has what you could call, a few chavs, yet I havent seen one bit of trouble in the 14 months ive lived here so yeah, it's alright!

marcus300: Where did you grow up?
Flagg: A borough of London called Croydon, and not in a pleasant part of Croydon either. I should be thankful though as Croydon is about 100 times worse now than it was about 25 years ago.

marcus300: What are your current stats?
Flagg: Shit, in a word. I'd say about 170 pounds at 5'9. About 3 years ago I was 200 pounds and that's what im going to embark on as of January 2010.

Members question: What is your educational background?
Flagg: I left school with A and B's in Math, English, English Lang and English Lit and ART. I only got back into Education about three years ago. To get into University I had to pass my Access to Science course. I got a 1st for my Dissertation on whether climate change was natural or man induced.

marcus300: What do you do for a living?
Flagg:At the moment im a Full Time student, though I usually work during the holidays. I eventually want to get into conservation or so something working with animals. I'd love to work on a nature documentory.

marcus300:What jobs have you have in the past and what is it your studying?
Flagg: I didn't like school and due to bad experiences decided I wanted to work as soon as I left it. So that entailed a series of dead end jobs like working in bakeries, courier driving, working in grocery stores, window cleaning, resteraunts, pubs, etc. The jobs sucked but the people are awesome. Anyways, as I saw friends finish degrees, get good jobs, me ****ing around on minimum wage I decided enough was enough. Cue travelling, coming back, saving up, travelling some more, trying to emigrate to Australia, going back to school. Im doing a degree now in Environmental Science.

marcus300: What would be your ideal job?
Flagg: I was just watching Life tonight. For anyone who doesnt know, it's a nature program narrated by Attenborough. I'd love to be involved in a show like that somehow. They did one episode and it was all about reptiles and amphibians and they went to Komodo Island to film the Dragons. I couldn't think of anything better to do! I think Steve Irwin had one of the best jobs in the world!

marcus300: Are you married, girlfriend, boyfriend and do you have any children?
Flagg: Not married, no girlfriend right now (though i've been getting pretty close with an ex recently), no boyfriend, dont swing that way and no kids. Though my sister is more than making up for that!

Members question:What do you think about religions?
Flagg: Most people that know me know my view on this. It's superstition for grownups and is not only man made but masculine made. Somewhere, early in our development, people realised that fear was a good way of controling the masses. Add that to a lack of understanding about the world and you have religion. File anything you dont know under "God moves in mysterious ways" and remind everyone that they should be ashamed every day that they are human. That is religion.

marcus300:Have you ever ran any AAS cycles?
Flagg: No, though i've wanted to do one. When I was around 200 pounds I had a few people ask if I was on anything. I guess thats quite complimentory, even if it is someone with "the untrained eye", but i'd like to do at least one cycle once. I bet everyone says that though.

marcus300:If you have never done a cycle, how did you come about this site?
Flagg: I can't remember exactly. All I know is I wanted to get as big as a house and look the dogs bollocks so I started scouring the internet. Came across this site and saw how big some of the guys were. Saw that the threads were wide and varied with many sections on Diet, Workout, etc. I mean that's what's great about it, you can come here with NO INTENTION of doing a cycle and there is still so much you can learn by reading through the diet and workout sections alone. I think this site is the longest ive belonged to a forum before.

Members question: What is the main reason for you not to use any aas?
Flagg: Situational! I've always been doing something that's made me worried that steroids would jeapordise me getting that like work and education, sometimes its been money and I havent had enough. I mean ive been at the gym in the past, and then a mate says he has a friend of a friend that is offering up a 6 week Deca course. Even I know that deca only cycles aren't favorable, and i've asked this guy what his source does about PCT and that's been met with a blank reply. When and if I do, do a cycle, I want to make sure im 100% clued up on what I want to do and that the source is reliable.

Members question:You joined an aas forum but almost the whole of your own threads have nothing to do with steroids. Why?
Flagg: Because ive never done steroids. Im aware I post mainly in the Lounge or News Section, but im sure that doing steroids wasn't a requisite to joining this site? Ive used the diet and workout sections and if I ever do use gear, then I know i'd be in safe hands here.

Members question:Would you go for astronomy or astrology?
Flagg: Astrology is all star signs and all that jazz right? Interesting stuff, but I don't go for all that "Mercury rising in November" means that I have a certain personality. Astronomy is the actual scientific study of what's out there. I might not believe in astrology, and even though I dont like religion very much, i find both subjects quite interesting.

marcus300: What does your screen name mean?
Flagg: It's the name of my favourite fictional bad guy that has appeared in numerous Stephen King novels.

marcus300: What political party do you vote for and why?
Flagg: I don't have a political allegience right now. The Lib Dems were my prior choice but to be honest they are just as corrupt as Labour and the Tories and masters of spinning rhetoric. The Green Party and the BNP both have good policies, but the wrong intentions and way of going about things. Politics is really shit right now as there really seems no one worth their salt, worth voting for.

Members question:What are your ideas/thoughts about the cosmos?
Flagg: My thoughts on what the cosmos is, is probably no more accurate than what a ant thinks it is. The cosmos is massive and huge and that size is what is hard for us to understand.

Members question:Why are you so consumed with the west decline?
Flagg: This is from Moose, I can tell. I think politics within the West are more apparant now due to things like the internet, and it's just frustrating to see that we have everything we need, yet we always want more, usually at the expense of some thing, someone or some other nation. Then we invent reasons why we need this extra thing, when really it's about monopolising the whole planet.

Members question: Do you want to see America fall?
Flagg: No I don't and i'd hope people wouldn't want to see the UK fall either. America wont "fall" but it will be replaced, economically, at some point by another nation.

marcus300: If you could change 1 law to your liking, what would you change and why?
Flagg: Stiffer punishment on crime involving the innocence. Too often you hear about some sick pervert abusing a child, only to get 5 years compared to the Bank robber who gets 20 - life. I really dispise animal cruelty as well, something else I wish could be toughened up on. I've noticed there are quite a few animal lovers here, and they probably know where im coming from. Intensive farming is terrible. Shark fin soup sounds nice hey in the Far East sounds nice eh? Yet when they catch the sharks, they cut the sharks fin off and then dump it back in the water. Thats like cutting off your leg and chucking you out on the street. I am a meat eater however, and i am moving to more free range/organic food. It's a bit more pricey, but im happy in knowing there wasnt any unecessary cruelty involved in the killing of the animal im about to eat. Im sure I read once about a Native American myth that said that an animals spirit is offended if it's body is killed and not used in its entirety. Im not a spiritual person but I like that.

marcus300: If you was a judge for the day dealing with serious offences, what fair sentences would you give to sex offenders (Schedule one), bank robbers, muggers and rapist?
Flagg: Sex offenders and rapists should go STRAIGHT to the top of that shit list. If the state wont chemically castrate these pieces of shit, thus eradicating their urges, then how is 5 years and so called "rehabilitation" supposed to be justice for the small child who is probably scarred for life? Rape is a bit of a slippery slope, I mean a lot of girls cry rape just to get one over on a guy they're pissed at, and while pre-mediated rapists should get a 10-15 year imo, kinda shitty on the guy that has a drunk one night stand and all of a sudden is facing a stiff sentence.
Sex offenders in short, should get life. The innocence they've snatched away is a life sentence itself on the victim. I've known a few chicks who have been abused as kids, you can see they're damaged goods. And I always wonder how different their life would be if that hadn't have happened to them.Serial rapists should get 20 years. Bank robbers should get about 10-15 years. I cant believe that if you steal from the state, you can get 20 years to life, you steal the innocence out of a child and its 6 years and a nintendo wii in your cell. Muggers, well 5 years?

Members question: Do you think the statement of a black hole in the middle of our own galaxy (Milky Way) to be correct?
Flagg: Which statement is that? I thought most galaxies had a galactic core, which explains the shape of the galaxy looking like a stream circling round a hole in the ground.

marcus300:What is your biggest fault?
Flagg: Right now it's procrastination. I really hate that apsect of myself, cause it makes me feel lazy and I never used to be like this before.

marcus300:Explain how procrastination as effected your life?
Flagg: Well its the classic case of putting something off you dont want to face till the last possible moment. Uni work. I mean I got to Uni, and I really cant afford to dick about. One of my last reports I got back before we broke up this christmas got a shocking mark, i'll have to resubmit that and I can't blame anyone but myself for that. The internet is a highly distracting thing for me if im indoors with time to kill.

marcus300: If you could change anything from your past what would it be?
Flagg: If I was 18 again, I think a stint in the military would have been good for me. And how things ended with an ex of mine (the one im talking to again). It was a really ugly break up and while im glad it happened in a way, cause I learned from it, I wish it had happened with someone else and not her.

marcus300:Did the bad break-up with your ex girlfriend effect you in anyway?
Flagg: Yeah big time. I think it changed me as a person as well but I got really, really depressed at one point. But it was a real learning experience as well because it taught me the real concept of honesty, and I hate dishonesty now as a result. Just because something doesnt seem like a big deal to you, doesnt mean its not a big deal to someone else. You should always be upfront about things and never play with someones emotions, some people dont realise the power they can wield over another human and the consequences that follow.

marcus300:What is your ambition in life?
Flagg: Work with animals in some capacity. Once upon a time I wanted to be a copper, yeah you lot can boo me, but it's only cause I wanted to be a dog handler!

Members question: Assuming we had the knowledge to travel at speed light, I can tell you it is possible to travel forward in time departing today from our planet, coming back after two years (1 year away and 1 year back).For us just two years will be gone but for the people who remained onto our planet...
Correct or wrong?

Flagg: This question confused me a bit, are you saying that if a ship travelled one light year from the earth and then came back straight away, would the people on the ship have experienced 2 years of memories? But then I hear that travelling at the speed of light, our mass changes. Im going to assume we'd have the tech to overcome that and say everyone, shipcrew and population, experienced the same time lapse. I bet im wrong and theres some weird grandfather paradox answer!

marcus300: Who would you most like to meet from AR?
Flagg: Blimey, tough question! Okay, Big and Doc Sust cause I think they are really friendly, normal down to earth guys, BG cause I think he's a real mans man and conducts himself as a man should, Johan if he was around, he had a keen scientific and geeky mind! As for regular members, Dukkit,El Diablo and PaulZane to talk about their life experiences, I think Titanium and BgMc are really cool guys and I always enjoy their posts, especially in the political forums, BigSexy, Hazzard and Energizer cause I think they'd be a good laugh out on a night out, BJJ has a really deep mind and the kinda person I could speak to for hours, I also like Dangerous Dan and Moose for their honesty, hell I wouldnt even mind meeting ole grumpy chops Murilloninja. Sorry if I missed anyone out, most the guys here are a class act. Not forgetting our esteemed interview either.

marcus300: Where have you travelled to?
Flagg: America, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Thailand and Nepal. Australia is the best place in the world, Nepal has the greatest sceanary and Thailand has the best beaches. America has awesome food, haha! Seriously though, I want to drive across America one day. I really want to see what the Midwest is like, I want to visit Texas and I want to drive through death valley. Miles and miles of roads..

marcus300: Describe your personality?
Flagg: Chilled out. A bit too chilled out now, I think partially why I procrastinate so much I expect. I used to have a hair trigger temper but I also didn't sit on things. It's a strange trade off. Im prone to go off on rants on things I consider important or like, and pretty apathetic to the rest. I think im pretty generous and I don't like bad karma between me and mine. Like if ive upset a member of my family or a good friend in an argument, I want to fix things fast. I have a sense of humour that seems to adapt to other peoples personalities, if that makes sense. I sometimes sound patronising when im explaining things, when really im trying not to be.

marcus300:What do you think the biggest problem is within the UK Goverment?
Flagg: The Media. It's done an amazing job of enforcing political correctness and xenophobia, two things I hate. I hate how the media hounds people, I dont usually care for celebrities but I hated how they hounded Michael Jackson, before and after his death. Parasites. I hate how they generate fear while making us stupid at the same time. All of this down to Rupert Murdoch.

marcus300: You seem to be very opinionated, as this ever got you in trouble?
Flagg: Yeah I know and sometimes it does. I really get a bee in my bonnet over religion and have gotten into numerous arguments with creationists and people who are religious, and if its a particular fierce debate I expect I start brow beating. Politics, science, the environment and animal cruelty are also things im highly opinionated on, and though I can have a civil debate over all the things ive mentioned, I simply cant with animal cruelty. Im sorry there is simply no excuse or justification for it.

marcus300:What car do you drive?
Flagg: No car at the moment. Fortunately I don't need one right now, but I really want to get a muscle car at some point.

marcus300: What does a typical day look like for you?
Flagg: Being at Uni, a day can vary depending on the schedule, but what I try and do is be in the gym at 7am. Then treat 8-5 like a normal day at work, only use it for lectures, outside reading, report writing, revision, study. Then use the evenings for prepping food the next day plus other activities like bouldering, kickboxing, relaxing. My day isn't like that. It was like that from Sept to Oct, then my student grant and loan ran late, didnt arrive till about Dec 10th, after semester 1 finished. My Gym membership expired and I couldnt afford to renew it or eat the diet im accustomed to when lifting weights. I work during the holidays but that didn't help me during term time this year. I've come to realise the gym is an exceptional discipline tool, for me it is. Without it I procrastinate, I become lazy and I hate that.

marcus300:Tell me about your 3 wks in the Himalayan mountains?
Flagg: I've realised some of my posts have been HUGE and I could talk about this for so long. It was an incredible experience. I met so many people from so many different cultures in Kathmandu and in the mountains. It was like walking the seasons. It was pretty hot and humid at first, and then it gradually got colder as you ascend. I was travelling with a girl from New York at the time and we was in this forest and I said to her "Hey, listen to that" and she said "What?" and I said "Exactly". It was dead silent and I mean silent. No sound of planes, wildlife, not even wind. A very eerie, sureal experience. I remember meeting some guys that almost got killed in a avalanche on the mountains, I celebrated my 25th birthday up there, I read The Hobbit for the first time up there which made the reading experience phenomenal, I sat in hot springs surrounded by snow, walked across rope bridges and a million other things. One of the greatest moments was reaching the top and looking up. All you could see was space, there were no trees, or buildings, mountains, planes or birds in my peripheral vision. I literally felt closer to the stars. I could honestly talk about what I did in the Himalayas for hours.

marcus300:The Himalayan trip sounds like a real life changing experience, what was the hardest thing you had to deal with on the trip and what was the most enjoyable?
Flagg: I got really ill up there and caught a gastric bug. Shitting out the eye of the needle for 3 days and losing serious amounts of weight, NOT PLEASANT! On the other side of the Himalayas is a city called Pokhara. Foolishly I smoked some opium while I was there and the next day I have never felt so much like wanting to die. Ive never really done drugs before that and even then it was soft stuff, but that put me off drugs for life. The most enjoyable part was the company, this NY chick called Jenny. Really hot and loadsa fun, me and her really had a blast up in those mountains. I still keep in contact with her now which is cool.

marcus300: You stated in your 11 facts, that you use to be an angry man, why was that and how did you over come it?
Flagg: I was frustrated with my station in life, my job, I moved out of home in my late teens and had to end up moving back in with my folks a few years later which really pissed me off. And i had a pretty stormy relationship with a coupla girls, leading to a really bad break up. Then I went back to school and all that was gone from my life. For the first time, in a long time, i was pretty happy and not pissed off.

Members question: What would you say about the Drake's equation?
Flagg: I don't know much about the Equation itself but it ties into the Fermi paradox and Rare Earth hypothesis. I'm sure I read somewhere that if you assumed that to get another earth like planet like ours made under the same conditions and circumstances as ours that it could be calculated that there would be aprox 1 million Rare Earth planets in our galaxy. That sounds a lot but then there are billions of stars in our galaxy (i think??). Im quite a believer in the Rare Earth hypothesis, but life can survive in harsher climes and it's possible that basic life could exist in the waters under the surface of Jupitors moons

marcus300: Have you ever been that worked up over a thread on AR thats its disturb your sleep or effected you in anyway?
Flagg: Yeah once. I wont say who, but someone said that the problem with strangling cats to death is that they struggle like demons. I was beyond angry with that remark because it wasn't a joke and every now and again I think about that thread. Rather than steam in and say something that woulda probably got myself banned, I complained about it and I think it got deleted

Members question:Whats your most memorable moment?
Flagg:My whole Nepal experience will always stay with me, opening a door and seeing my ex for the first time, holiday in Scotland with her and being accepted into University are pretty big moments for me.

marcus300: 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Flagg: Altruistic wish: For humans to finally find and learn humanity, and stop treating each other and the rest of the world like their toilet.
Selfish wish: Be famous. Like an actor or a famous writer.
Impossible wish: Travel through time to various points. I'd love to see the beginning of the universe, i'd love to see what a dinosaur looked like, see how things like Stone Henge, Egyptian Pyramids and the Aztec temples were built and why. I'd like to travel into the future and see what's become of us, what the world will be like then.