marcus300 interviews Phate

marcus300: Where abouts do you come from?
Phate: Well i've lived alot of places. I was born in Pueblo, Colorado and moved to Wyoming, Washington, Louisiana, Arizona, Idaho and now i'm in Texas

marcus300:Are you married or have children?
Phate:Nope, i'm a college student

marcus300: What are your current stats and are you happy with them?
Phate:
Currently i'm 20, 5'7 180lbs at <10%, i'm also completely glycogen depleted right now from DNP so i'm considerably lighter than normal, and not, i'm not even close to happy with them, lol

marcus300: I knew you was young but never that young, you have a very educated head on your shoulders Phate that's a credit to you and you across very mature. What is your view on guys in their teens and early 20's starting AAS ?
Phate:That's a big debate i'm having with myself at the moment(whether to start or wait), personally i do believe that most people should wait till they are in their mid-20s before starting, but that belief comes not only from the biological point of view(stunted growth and such that can result from early use), but also because most people in their mid-20s have just started really getting into the lifestyle of bodybuilding as opposed to the hobby of it. Meaning that most people in their teens haven't ever had a proper diet or training regimen that they have stuck with continually. I personally have been dieting and training for 5 years and these last 3 years especially i have been really strict with my training. IMO that as well as my genetic potential will carry the most weight in my decision. But for everyone else, it's their decision what they do, i just hope they take the time(in my case years) to research and understand the undertaking and responsibilities they are accepting if they cycle

marcus300: What would be your idea stats?
Phate:well if i could change my height i would add a couple inches but aside from that, probably around mid 200s at sub 10%

Members question: Do you take any rec drugs?
Phate:yes, am i addicted to any of them...no. How do i know i'm not addicted to them? If i feel that i might be becoming dependent AT ALL on them i just stop. but yes, i've used a few rec drugs before as i'm a very curious individual, but i didn't use them for straight rec benefits. I was supervised by a doctor in most of the cases and while i was on i would write down what i felt and saw, then we would review it afterwards and discuss the physiological reasons for each effect

Members question: What got you into the whole PUA (pick up artist) scene and what do you hope to achieve from it?
Phate:I used to the that fat kid in school, and i mean i was the fat kid at every school i attended, which of course led to my confidence level being shot. Even now i still have deep seeded issues with my weight. This and a few other other factors made PUA attractive to me in the same way steroids are attractive to 130lb "hardgainers", being a means to an end

I first got into it after purchasing, "The Game", a novel written by Neil Strauss(aka Style) that chronicles his adventures wiith Mystery. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THAT BOOK AND HAVE ANY INTEREST IN PUA, READ IT!!!!!

As to what i hope to achieve with it....i really don't hope to do anything with it yet, in a year or two when i have sufficiently elevated my game enough AFC Adam told me that i could travel around the world with him during the summer and help him teach bootcamps, but that's a good ways off

marcus300:In you 11 facts, you stated that you know how to make alcohol before you knew what it was!! what do you mean?
Phate:Lol, well my whole family is in the medical field so we have a few chemists and such. I remember them distilling spirits and making homebrewed beer before i ever knew what they were doing

marcus300: How did you get into bodybuilding and how long have you been training for?
Phate:I got into it out of necessity really. When i was in the 6th grade or so i was 4'11, 240lbs and above 40%bf i would guess. My heart was already having problems and i was very close to getting diabetes. That's when my mom jumped in and taught me to weight train, i've been doing it ever since....around 5 years or so

marcus300: You must have some motivation to drop all that unwanted weight from when you was younger! Do you struggle keeping it off or has the life change made its easy?
Phate:It's still a struggle, as some of you know, fat cells that are made during puberty are there for life(without liposuction at least) and all mine were made during that time so i have alot more adipose cells than most people, which makes it more difficult to gain the hard look, that and the excess skin

I still have nighttime carb cravings from when i was younger and i constantly crave sweets, but those are things i deal with on a daily basis so i learn to turn them off when needed

marcus300: What kind of AAS experience do you have?
Phate:The only thing i've done was a very mild Var/Tbol cycle with nolva/clomid pct, though i have extensive knowledge on the sympathomimetics and such.

marcus300: What kind of diet do you follow?
Phate:It changes constantly, right now i'm eatting more protein and veggies due to the DNP, but normally i follow a 40/40/20 split or something close

marcus300: What does your training program look like?
Phate:Again that changes constantly, i have 3 gyms that i can go to so i plan my workout based on the gym, the time of day, and what i need to work on the most. For the most part is a 5 day split, and i superset with a break in between super sets(for example, i would do a cable chest crossover and go straight into a tricep pushdown, then rest), i'll throw in giant sets, drop sets, stop sets, etc... as needed

marcus300:What hobbies do you have outside Bodybuilding?
Phate:I play a few musical instruments: trumpet, piano, ocarina and drums. I also enjoy learning, working on cars and car audio, tennis, ping pong, basically anything

marcus300: What do you do for a living?
Phate:I am a full-time college student

marcus300: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Phate:I'm gonna need a sub-forum for all my weaknesses lol, i guess my greatest strength is my logical analysis of everything and my love of learning, my greatest weakness is probably that i love helping people...maybe too much, i will go out of my way to help someone that i don't even know too well(just yesterday i guy i am acquainted with from school asked me to take him to 5 different places so he could get checks and get them cashed and such to pay for his books and tuition, so i took a couple hours to do it), why? idk, just felt right

marcus300:Why did your family disown you and your mother?
Phate:Long story but the short of it is that my uncle's(not family) son wanted to have a party in their basement for his 18th bday, and i was supposed to keep an eye on things because i didn't drink at all at the time. So i notice that kids are smoking outside and messing with little white bags so i go see what it is. Well apparently my uncle brought alcohol, marijuana and coke to the party. So the day afterwards my mother, little brother, and I are flying home and i mention it. She says that that was not part of the deal at all and calls my aunt, of course my uncle lied and said i was drunk off my ass and whatever, and the family believes him over me AND WANTS ME TO GIVE HIM A FORMAL APOLOGY!!! So i told them that if they are going to believe some ex-drug addict over their own blood then they can fvck off, and they did.

marcus300: Does it effect you not being in touch with you family?
Phate:I don't even think about it.....ever

marcus300: Describe your personality?
Phate:Very outgoing, openminded, i've been described as having a very positive radiating aura a few times, i'm really the same in real life as i am on here for the most part, i answer things on the forum with the same verbiage that i would in real life

Members question: name 3 material things in your life what you couldn't do without
Phate:transportation(my car is my lifeblood, without it i'm 12 mi from school with no way to get there(cabs here take over an hour to get to you since there are very few),

IPod(music is at the core of my being, i've competed in it for years in various instruments and have always used music to accentuate my learning.

Cell phone(i know i know, typical teen right?), well i need my cell phone. Without it i would be completely lost.

marcus300:How do you control your depression and what do you think are the cause's of it?
Phate:I control it with the gym, friends, and keeping busy now. I used to use alot of SSRIs and such but i don't like using lots of medications so i find this works better. As for the cause, it's ugly ducking syndrome i guess, i always feel my body is inadequate, though i'm good at hiding it thanks to the PUA training

marcus300: Do you take medication for it?
Phate:Nope, i used too but not anymore

marcus300:Are you religious?
Phate:I believe in God, haven't gone to church in many years though, but IMO churchs today(not all of them by any means, but alot of them) are more about dressing up and trying to "prove" you believe in God, more than just getting together and praising him in your own individual way

Members question: Which member of staff do you think is the most full of sh1t?
Phate:LMAO, i don't think any of them are full of shvt. I think that some of them come across as a little abrasive but that's needed as much as calm, patient teaching is.

marcus300: I also suffer from dyslexia, how did you cope and how as it effected your life?
Phate:I've had to learn to control my heartrate and breathing, those things alone help alot since i have to use amphetamines for my ADD, aside from that i use tricks like reading problems from the bottom up to slow me down and writing a problem a few times and doing it independent of the other to make sure my numbers match.It's a constant struggle since i'm a biochemistry major, which requires Calculus 3 and above

marcus300:What would you change about your past if you could?
Phate:Nothing, my past makes me who i am, i wouldn't ever want to mess with something that could effect me at a holistic level

marcus300:How come you havent been on the forum as much as you use to?
Phate:School mostly, i'm really buckling down lately on it, i study every time i do cardio, in between classes, before class, after class, before bed, etc....it's very time consuming so sadly i've had to cut back on many things i like, but i try to get on here and answer pms whenever i can

Members question: What is the meaning of being a VET for you?
Phate:Being a VET, first and foremost for me, is a responsibility. It's a title that bears the obligation of making sure the information you present is accurate and relevant, as well as presented in a way that isn't antagonistic to the poster. Though that is just the surface of it. It's also our responsibility to maintain and keep the site functioning properly and help admin keep order

marcus300: What as been your biggest achievement to date?
Phate:Probably losing all the weight i have, either that or helping my dad lose over 150lbs so far

marcus300: Who would you most like to meet from AR?
Phate:Damn that's hard, their are so many, i would say Big, Fireguy(hell most of the vets/hofs), guys that i've talked too outside the forum

marcus300: What excites in life?
Phate:I think everything can be an adventure if you open your mind to the possibilities and don't let fear guide you.

Members question: If you were the owner of this forum, what would you not allow which instead can be done presently?
Phate:I have to admit that i like the current structure. I think that having an admin that is fair and only acts when needed is a great benefit since it allows the Vets/HOF to take care of alot of the "grunt work" so to speak as far as moving, editing and deleting threads.

I do wish that we could remove alot of the pointless pictures and such that eat massive bandwidth while serving no purpose.

Members question: How many times have you had sex this year?
Phate:Lol, i forget, really. I'm not gonna try to exaggerate and say i've had sex 3x a day all year cause i haven't, in fact this year has been relatively dry for me since i haven't really been trying and for the most part i didn't care

The chick in the "what grinds my gears" thread that i'm making out with for example, i didn't end up having sex with her, she wanted too and we started too but she was drunk and not feeling too well so i told her we weren't having sex in those conditions and i ended up staying up all night and taking care of her, she had had alot of everclear so i helped her with electrolyte replenishment and let her rest

marcus300: Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs time or where would you like to see yourself?
Phate:Five years time should put me in my 3rd year of medical school

marcus300: 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Phate: All drugs legalized(yes, i said ALL), my family as well as everyone elses to be happy and content with their lives regardless of the state they are in(as long as you have family you have all you need), the 3rd wish i give to the reader.