Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    that test is clearly outrageous as IQ distribution should fall over a bell shaped curve with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.
    This may be true, but you must consider the sample group. This message board does not contain a cross-section of the general population. I think it's safe to assume that they are more intelligent. With 54.4% of the population falling between 85 and 115, it is suspect that there are a considerable number over 115, but not outrageous. UNLIKELY, yes. I think we all know this is not a thorough and valid IQ test thereby making it less accurate.

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Mine is 69. I think it's only a temporary IQ from the test though...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I got a 2??

Scooby1 is offline Member
    131??

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    My IQ score told me I should go sit down before I hurt myself. In addition, it told me that my future would involve playdough, tinker toys, and a lot of masturbation. My future is looking bright…

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    I wonder what AngelX's chemical smartass was.
    LMFAO....I wasn't gonna post because i believe that test is not accurate and biased...But since you asked.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Classic IQ Test
    AngelX, your IQ score is 140+

You've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. You're able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. In short, you have mastered the art and science of precision. That's what makes you a Precision Processor

For you, life is a series of equations. Your brain is naturally predisposed to intense mathematical acuity, and your understanding of numerical problems is unparalleled.

ehhhh emmmm....

BOOOYAAAA biatch!

lol, it didn't say anything about random lapses in maturity

Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    I took that like a year ago and scored a 161. But when I took a psycologist administered IQ test in the 2nd grade, I scored a 140 (+/-5).
    Lol you cant score 161 on that test bro

It can't gauage that high, unless you have a detailed psychological exam which takes hours.

And I do have to call BS to your 140 IQ in 2nd grade....stop flashing your internet dlck. 140-145 is on the borderline of being classified into the genius category.

If you said that was recent, I might believe you, but in 2nd grade? Sorry you would have Albert Einstein smoked.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by irish bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator

It can't gauage that high, unless you have a detailed psychological exam which takes hours.

And I do have to call BS to your 140 IQ in 2nd grade....stop flashing your internet dlck. 140-145 is on the borderline of being classified into the genius category.

If you said that was recent, I might believe you, but in 2nd grade? Sorry you would have Albert Einstein smoked.

the genius category is not around 140-145 it is extremely intelligent.
    Also I did scored 154 on that test online, but remember you have no time limit like a real IQ test. so take a good 15-20 points out.

My score (at age 9 + 10 months, on the Stanford-Binet test) was (is) 136.

I am, however, Learning Disabled (dyslexic) and did not take the modified test, so I think I'd have scored higher, if I had one skewed to account for my dyslexia.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Also I did scored 154 on that test online, but remember you have no time limit like a real IQ test. so take a good 15-20 points out.
    Thats what i'm referring to...there are soo many variables that are not accounted for....

Also the fact that you can take the test multiple times, and the questions do not vary...that renders the test somewhate useless...

its good for fun though!

I'm pretty sure the genius category begins at 145, but I could be wrong...

I'll look into that, you sparked my curiosity now!

145 seems kind of random...I know that 2 standard deviations above the norm is enough to get you into MENSA (because I'm a member), and that's only a 132.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Just got off mensa site. www.mensa.org. What they said is 132 on one test might equate to 146 on another test. And explained a requirement for you to be in the top 2% to be a member. I done an online test with tickle.com come last year and it gave me an iq of 141. That make me a genius.

Seriously I think the scope for the iq test is very limited for adults. It can however I feel be used as an assesment of a childs ability to work his/her ability to self learn by association. This would give an indication of a child ability to learn these skills. Components can be used for an adults assesment of suitabilty for a particilar job.

Say a proof reader for example if they have good language skills etc. there ability at numerical tasks or identifying shape patterns is of no relevance to the job.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i hade a real iq test when i was 12 and i got a 186 on that. i just took this test and i only got a 144.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    i hade a real iq test when i was 12 and i got a 186 on that. i just took this test and i only got a 144.
    The highest ever recorded was Marylin Vos Savant, in the 170's. She writes a column for Parade Magazine called "Ask Marylin" and is listed by the Guiness Book of Worlds Records as having the Highest IQ ever recorded.

I, however, have always suspected that you were smarter than her...

Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    The highest ever recorded was Marylin Vos Savant, in the 170's. She writes a column for Parade Magazine called "Ask Marylin" and is listed by the Guiness Book of Worlds Records as having the Highest IQ ever recorded.

LMFAO

Blog Entries
    I don’t no the score might be different for kids. I only got a 144 on this thing and I think it was luck.

LMFAO
    Ditto.

seriously, I hate these types of inteligence test.

ex: on that test I scored super high, on army test for reaction inteligence to environment I says im a ****ing genius but when math is involved im a ****ing dumbass.

too much variables unfortunately, there many types of intelligence and I think that the mathematical inteligence is given too much importance.

Blog Entries
    seriously, I hate these types of inteligence test.

ex: on that test I scored super high, on army test for reaction inteligence to environment I says im a ****ing genius but when math is involved im a ****ing dumbass.

too much variables unfortunately, there many types of intelligence and I think that the mathematical inteligence is given too much importance.
    Math is a big part of this kind of test. I high school I won a scholarship to n.j.i.t form taking an aptitudes test. On the other hand I failed English and spelling. lol

Intellegence is generally thought to be your ability to learn...it's really a measure of potential learning ability...not what you already know.

Also...it's static...your score is Mental Age divided by chronological age...hence a 100 means you are 100% as intellegent as the average person your own age....You will learn as fast as them, etc...

A 136 (my score) means I learn that 36% worth faster (a higher mental age than chronological age). At 10 years old, I would learn as quickly as a kid of 13+ years old, etc...

Intellegence, therefore, is mostly accepted to be static for your entire life. Knowledge, wisdom, etc...is not.

Blog Entries
    Intellegence is generally thought to be your ability to learn...it's really a measure of potential learning ability...not what you already know.

Also...it's static...your score is Mental Age divided by chronological age...hence a 100 means you are 100% as intellegent as the average person your own age....You will learn as fast as them, etc...

A 136 (my score) means I learn that 36% worth faster (a higher mental age than chronological age). At 10 years old, I would learn as quickly as a kid of 13+ years old, etc...

Intellegence, therefore, is mostly accepted to be static for your entire life. Knowledge, wisdom, etc...is not.
    Ok so that would be why it was as high as a kid.

No...it should be the same now. It's static....you should have the same score as a 10 year old as 30 or 40.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired

Forgot from my result sais. Here it is

You've got a very experiental way of learning and a strong mathamatical mind. You're able to whittle even the most complex situation down to comprehensible component parts. In short, you have mastered the art and science of precision. This makes you a precision processer.

For you life is a series of equations. Your brain is naturally predispositioned to intense mathamatical acuity, and your understanding of numerical problems is unparalleled. It's second nature for you to cut to the heart of the issue, so that you can discover quick solutions to problems while others get bogged down in unnessesary detail. One precision processer that comes to mind is the greek philosopher-mathemathician, Pythagorus. Pythagorus had a mind for numbers and, as such, could come up with previously unknown theories like his method for calculating the sides of a right triangle (a2+b2=c2). You too, can use numbers to translate aspects of the world around you--something that doesn't come easily to everyone. Your quick mathemathical mind will allow you to communicate a variety of ideas to other people, so don't keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    that test is clearly outrageous as IQ distribution should fall over a bell shaped curve with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.
    What are the the percentages again.

+/- n sd =

Angelis is offline Banned
    163... WTF? I cant be that smart.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    127, Visionary Philosopher. I scored higher than this previously.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member

You are right most REAL IQ tests, read as 'not over the internet' measure only to 155 or 160.

You can have a 140 IQ at any age that you can give answers to the tests. A 140 in 2nd grade is weighted against other second graders, and there is a specific IQ test that is intended to identify gifted children.

An IQ of 140-145 is a geniius level intelligence. An IQ of 130 is a borderline genius which falls into something like the 97th percentile, while a 140 to 145 IQ falls into the 99th to 99.5 percentile range.

I have to agree with an earlier post about how skewed the posted results seem to be. I can't believe that everyone on this forum has a superior to very superior intelligence, unless the only one's that bothered to post were the one's who scored over 100 which is the statistical average

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member

I think her IQ was recorded as 167. Maybe he meant his IQ was 86 and 186 was a typo.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I am hedging this website automatically scores people higher than they would normally get or uses easy questions. They are trying to sell you your own personalised report, which I think is meant to be shown to others. There is no way there are this many people above even 120 on this board.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    I think her IQ was recorded as 167. Maybe he meant his IQ was 86 and 186 was a typo.
    I think there is a guy in Men's Health magazine who has a 250 something IQ.

Anteros is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    This may be true, but you must consider the sample group. This message board does not contain a cross-section of the general population. I think it's safe to assume that they are more intelligent. With 54.4% of the population falling between 85 and 115, it is suspect that there are a considerable number over 115, but not outrageous. UNLIKELY, yes. I think we all know this is not a thorough and valid IQ test thereby making it less accurate.
    Actually +1/-1 standard deviations from the mean incorporate 68% of the population.

The results are obviously skewed because this is not a representative sample....and it's not a real IQ test.

Not that I'm undermining anyones results....it's just obviously not a true indicator of IQ.

Plus the whole IQ thing to me is a crock...some abstract number that in my opinion just separates the retards from the average from the exceptional. But we can do that anyway, we don't need a test

And genius status is above 150...depending on who you ask, some say above 155 or even 160...140-145 is definately just highly intelligent.

If anyone's interested read Emotional Intelligence, it's a fun read about why IQ shouldn't be given as much weight as it is. Compassion, humility etc are just as important as "intelligence"...yadda yadda

Neway,

Anteros is offline Associate Member

lol

seriously though...wasn't Einstein's higher? I remember in his biography it mentioned he was reaching the 200 mark...maybe that was using a test not recognized as meeting today's standards, as I'm sure this is a more modern example.

I've also heard Stephen Hawking is today's leader ... but who knows, could be myth.

I like ur wit btw...

xfade7 is offline Member

You have an unusually strong balance between verbal and mathematical skills combined with a strength in the visual realm. Your most enduring talent, however, is that your idea centre never shuts down. That's what makes you an Inspired Inventor.

xfade7

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    124... entertaining

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    124... entertaining

skinnyhb is offline Member
    **** that. i got a 138 on that one and a 134 on a real test when i was younger. i would have guessed with all these geniuses on here that i would have scored higher on this test.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information