AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Breathalyzer is full of ****

Alright me and 2 buddies of mine go to a party, everyone's wasted, but I have to work at 8 a.m. so i wasnt drinking... we're there about 10 minutes and it gets busted, they breathalyze everyone and i blow a .002 after not drinking anything... what the ****?? Thank god they tried it again after i insisted I hadnt drank and i blew a .000. Shouldn't they test these ****ing things? I could have gotten a ticket for that ****. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

.002 eh? You alcoholic!
    Last edited by Senior_FKG; 05-07-2004 at 09:01 AM. Reason: title was wrong

I was thinking about telling the cops, "Listen... if I WAS drinking, I wouldn't be blowing a .002, I'd be passed out on the floor. When I do it, I go all the way."

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? .002 you would have been fine if you were 21 or older......the legal limit is .08.....

yeah i know... I'm 19... its so F-ing gay though that it errored like that. The funny thing is i was about 2 seconds away from saying "**** it" and grabbing a beer

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    portable breathalizers are not admisable in court. They are only a tool to gauge by. They have a .002+- room for error I believe. And yes they do have to be calibrated periodically. I am not sure of the specifics though.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    thats real funny most of the people who get too notice something like that are not drunk or not drunk enough. either way they should re-calibrate that once in awhile.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    where the hell do they randomly make u do a breathalyzer at a party?

what kind of random nazi communist crap is that?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    where the hell do they randomly make u do a breathalyzer at a party?

what kind of random nazi communist crap is that?
    I was wondering the same thing....Def not up here RP7....or I'd be cuffed already

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    .002 is like nothing.....nothing at all

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Is the legal drinking age still 21 in the USA?...

AnabolicAlien Guest

A.a.

You need to go to A.A. bro! You are a SLAVE to alcohol! You need to worshhip and respect it... It's your alpha and omega!!

Here's what A.A. will have you say and do:

1.) We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--that our lives had become unmanageable.

2.) Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3.) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the careof God as we understood Him.

4.) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5.) Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6.) Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7.) Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8.) Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9.) Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10.) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11.) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12.) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

E.T.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    You need to go to A.A. bro! You are a SLAVE to alcohol! You need to worshhip and respect it... It's your alpha and omega!!

Here's what A.A. will have you say and do:

1.) We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--that our lives had become unmanageable.

2.) Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3.) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the careof God as we understood Him.

4.) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5.) Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6.) Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7.) Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8.) Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9.) Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10.) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11.) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12.) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

E.T.

have you been drinking bro?

AnabolicAlien Guest

no...

I don't drink bro. Drinking is so passe.

E.T.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAlien
    I don't drink bro. Drinking is so passe.

E.T.
    to each his own. wish me luck im going to cold turkey the booze once i start my cutting cycle!

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    in Milwaukee you would have been fined for just being at a party that was serving minors

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    why the hell would you ever submit to a breathalyzer?? it is assisting them with an investigation..

if you had been arrested... then your attorney would be asking those questions
    "officer, how ofter does the device you are using get calibrated?? " and "Do you have a cerificate of calibration with you"??

and my favorite.. "Were you properly trained to administer this test"" ?? "Prove it"..

keep safe

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Alright me and 2 buddies of mine go to a party, everyone's wasted, but I have to work at 8 a.m. so i wasnt drinking... we're there about 10 minutes and it gets busted, they breathalyze everyone and i blow a .002 after not drinking anything... what the ****?? Thank god they tried it again after i insisted I hadnt drank and i blew a .000. Shouldn't they test these ****ing things? I could have gotten a ticket for that ****. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

It was either take the breathalyzer and prove I wasnt drinking or get arrested.. the cop was a bitch

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I was at a party with the same situation. They tested a girl who had been drinking all night and she passed. Few others failed who should have. Then another kid who was pretty tanked passed at the cop station. They let him bail kids out and drive them to a hotel. He made about 3 trips, AFTER BEING ARRESTED FOR DRINKING. Go figure...

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well, I can speak with some level of expertise on this as I graduated from the IU Department of Toxciology a few years back. It was a continuing education course and it was 4 days out of the practice, so I took it..It turned out being 4 days of controlled drunkeness..

So anyway, we used pure samples of alcohol and tested reactions to amounts and time of alcohol consumed..The funny part was there were several law enforcement officers there as well, I believe they were all State Troopers getting certified to operate the Intoxilyzer machine..They also had there portable breath test machines and used them on everyone, including themselves..I have to admit it was one of the best continuing ed courses I have ever been inolved with..

So, the skinny of it all was that these portable breath tests, like the one you were given, are self calibrated and can show errors if there is any residual alcohol from another test subject..One of the biggest errors is when a subject is tested that blows a relatively high breath alcohol content and then the same tube is used to test someone else who has had very little to no alcohol(They are supposed to change the plastic tube for everyone tested)..The residual alcohol in the tube gives a false reading to the PBT and that's where the bogus number comes from..The machine is actually correct, but it is getting a residual alcohol sample from the tube..As I understand it though this error is not possible with the actual Intoxilyzer at the jail..This is the machine you blow into when you are actually detained and getting ready to get the hot poker in the ass..It does a lot of self purging, calibrating, etc, that yields very accurate results..We cross checked these results with blood samples and they were 100% in my experience with the tests..

I also want to add that all of those crazy tricks that you hear about like sticking a penny in your mouth and things of that nature do not help your cause..They only cause an error reading and then the test is terminated..In Indiana, that is a bad thing because you only get 2 error readings and then they stick it to your ass..

All in all it was a great course..If I was a drinker I would have realized that if you get caught drinking and driving, you are pretty much screwed..The information that the Troopers provided was very interesting as far as the sobriety tests performed etc..The moral of the story is...DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!!! Or in your case, be at the wrong party at the wrong time..

Doc M

Thread Information