Thread: Cigars

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Cigars

How bad do you think smoking a cigar and drinking a glass or two of wine or brandy on a weekend night really is (say twice a month). How much could that really effect any gains or just general health?

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    moderation is the key to most things (well besides crack use lol)

decadbal is offline Banned
    not bad at all, but small habits lead to big ones bro..

decadbal is offline Banned
    not bad at all, but small habits lead to big ones bro..

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    I don't think it would be that big of a deal if it's only every once in a while and in moderation.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    thats nothing bro! i go out to get drunk once a week and im fine

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    thats nothing bro! i go out to get drunk once a week and im fine
    While you may be just fine, it has to be hindering your gains. Think of how much "finer" you would be if you cut out that crap.

If you use these vices in moderation (as you mentioned), they might actually be somewhat beneficial from the standpoint of relieving stress. A good cigar puts me at ease. I smoke 4-5 a year right now. I use to smoke them by the box, but that was certainly not in my health's best interest.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    While you may be just fine, it has to be hindering your gains. Think of how much "finer" you would be if you cut out that crap.

If you use these vices in moderation (as you mentioned), they might actually be somewhat beneficial from the standpoint of relieving stress. A good cigar puts me at ease. I smoke 4-5 a year right now. I use to smoke them by the box, but that was certainly not in my health's best interest.
    im a social animal and its nice to hang out with buds i try to moderate but sometimes i just go with the flow. last night i drank tons, today i feel tired/ appetite gone and weak..my fault but well worth it moderation is the key, i aint as crazy as i used to be. but i have fun once in awhile

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    How bad do you think smoking a cigar and drinking a glass or two of wine or brandy on a weekend night really is (say twice a month). How much could that really effect any gains or just general health?
    not bad at all, try and stick with red wine. twice a month is nothing to worry about with respect to gains. if it was 2-3 times a week then different story. a lot of alcohol is empty carbs. but i found i was the same way, conscientious, so i just try and hit AM cardio after a night like that. helps makes things right in my head but its really minor comparable to some bro's who on their cheat days eat piles and piles of ****

Thread Information