DNoMac is offline Senior Member

NATIONWIDE GAS BOYCOTT MAY 19th

I haven't been on the general forum a whole lot lately, so I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, especially with the server being messed up, but if u haven't already gotten this email, take a look and spread the word. Doesn't take much to do it, and who knows, it could make a difference. It's worth a try, read on....

United we stand

>
    >
    > Subject: Don't buy gas on May 19th
    >
    > IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT
    > PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL
    > COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.
    >
    > AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER
    > 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.
    >
    > THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR* behind "
    > DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE
    > THAT DAY.
    >
    > THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
    > PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.
    >
    > WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT
    > GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT
    > THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?
    >
    > REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE
    > SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE
    > FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS
    > SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES
    > ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!
    >
    > WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE
    > WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
    >
    > SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
    > KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE
    > UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    ''ENOUGH IS ENOUGH'', your sending your finest to Iraq to die for oil, and you cry about the price your paying per gallon in America. Gimma a break.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    ''ENOUGH IS ENOUGH'', your sending your finest to Iraq to die for oil, and you cry about the price your paying per gallon in America. Gimma a break.
    err thats a slanted view... we didnt send our finest for oil

Hey man, I'm goin late this year or early next year, so it's not like i'm sitting back and watching what the media tells me. It's not like it will take a whole lot to try this. And where me sending my finest has anything to do with boycotting gas prices is beyond me. It's worht a try, but i guess you don't have to worry to much about it in Ireland. Stay up...

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Fcuking right if it save me from paying $2.10 a gallon, when i drive a truck that get 10 miles to the gallon. I dont know about were you guys live, but i drive about 60 miles a day... Add that up.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I'll be sure to honk my horn as I drive by all the suckers standing around protesting something they can't control.....LOL

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    good thing i bought a toyota prius. i get around 70 mpg.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Gas prices have gotten out of hand.....**** oil companies. It was only in March that I was paying $1.59 a gallon and now its up to $2.10

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Prick ....j/k bro....i'm just really jealous .

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    lol jerk ass... oh well at least i can pass on the highway with no problems (love the VR power, but dont love the large fuel injectors)

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    ha! my metro card tales me everywhere.... CHEA!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I ride a moped to work 50 miles each way uphill.

OwnItOnDVD is offline Banned
    We have enough oil to drop the prices but OPEC decides how much oil is sold. They are trying to make money like the rest of the coporations and so they dont produce as much and raise the price. Did you all know that russia has the largest oil reserve in the world? Yeah thats NOT iraq, or saudi arabia...RUSSIA has the largest supply!!!! Boycotting oil will just not happen. Companyies need it to run so if they boycott it then they can't make any money and then no one is working. The price for gas here in texas is $1.85 for regular.... In england its $5.00 for regular. Now do we have it that bad? Want our government put a $4.50 tax on fuel that costs $0.50? I don't, for usre!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    This whole "NO GAS TODAY" thing has been tried for YEARS. That VERY EXACT SAME email has been circulating for YEARS. It will NEVER EVER happen that even a small percentage of people STOP getting gas that one day. It would NOT affect EXXON a single bit cause the VERY NEXT DAY, we would be filling up our tanks. The gas is ALREADY stored under ground in the station tanks so EXXON etc, would not even feel the affects of a gas boycott. The gas has already been paid for that we are not buying.

What WOULD affect them is to NEVER BUY from the TWO BIGGEST gas companies. Go buy from SHELL or Texaco. The biggest gas companies (the two BIGGEST COMPANIES PERIOD) are EXXON and (I dont know the other one) But I know it isnt Shell or Arco.

People do not change their buying habbits. If they have an exxon card, they will continue to buy exxon gas.

emmm123 is offline New Member
    You metrosexual.

j/p

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    err thats a slanted view... we didnt send our finest for oil
    I think it was actually WMD or something, but hell who knows anymore

I actually heard a decent idea of just everyone going to one type of gasoline for one day, say mobil, then everyone else would have to lower their prices. Then switch to a different type the next day.

But seriously, this oil price thing is a huge problem, and this is one of the faults of democracy. From the oil industry perspective, they can actually withold supply to drive prices up (which they do), with almost anything else this would be illegal, but for some reason it is legal to do this with a few items like oil. The other problem is huge oil companies merging with each other to reduce competition and really just hold more control, take for example exxon-mobil. Another problem is that Bush has so many ties to the oil industry, nothing will be done about it, its almost surprising not to hear ppl complain about this more often. These OIL-gvmt ties are a big, big problem, the tech is already here and has been around for at least 10-15 yrs to drastically reduce our oil comsumption, but they have not been implemented, there is no reason why every car could not easily be made a hybrid, can you actually imagine a hummer with 30mpg? It can already be done, but it hasn't, they keep pumpin out hummers that get 11mpg, and its still the most popular car in the US. The real problem with these gas prices going up, is that they go up just enough to be an inconvenience(they really just hurt the poor), but they don't really change anything at all, because ppl will pay them still. To actually bring about change, they need to go up to $4-5 a gallon, and the industry will start making changes because it will be demanded. Honestly, i could go on and on about all the tech that doesn't get implemented, but this one really bugs me because we're really paying the price.

Well the gas prices in Calif are now 2.50. There is another problem with the gas prices that affect everyone. Its called inflation. Since EVERYONE is paying more for gas, they feel that they should make more money so "THEY" can pay for it. So they jack up their prices such as wood, food, concrete, restaurant food, etc. The consumer is now paying 10 dollars for a cheeseburger when it was 8 dollars a week ago (literally)

Concrete is jacked up 5 dollars a yard because their trucks that haul it use gas. Thus, the contractor needs to raise his prices to pay for the concrete. The home owner pays the contractor more vice versa. Its a vicious chain.
    Here in CA. We have literally seen a decade's worth of inflation in as little as 2 weeks.
    For me, I can jack up my prices and actually make more of a profit because everyone else in my industry has done the same.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i just got a memo @ my job for "The National Boycott of Gas Day".........lol..........went to all of our 400+ employees.............i guess they are really trying to get the word out..............i still dont think it will work tho

alllll i know is that i just paid 2.25 a gallon for regular.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    This is America, crap like this won't stop me from buying a SUV etc. I don't give a rats azz what Europe pays for gas. OPEC needs to get their **** together.

Read an article that had surveys from CA saying even until gas reaches 3.25, we wont consider trading in our suvs or buying hybrids.

What is even more funny is the article seems to indicate that Califs' arent utilizing the car pool lane to its full efficiency. I mean come on. How many of us have neighbors or someone in our town that goes to the same job at the same time and leaves roughly at the same time. Its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE.

The survey also indicated that it is dissapointed that people have no plans on "MOVING CLOSER" to their job location. WTF. Who the FVCK is gonna up and sell their house in a community they enjoy to live closer to LA. Who the fvck would want to live in the middle of LA.

Surveys on this shlt are retarded. It tries to make it out like it is Americas fault for the gas price or the traffic problem. We have big cars, we dont live 5 miles from work. We dont car pool.....

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to participate, I don't need gas for another week anyway

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Gas in Canada is considerably more $$$ than in the USA and that doesn't seem to stop anyone from driving a sport ute or a 3/4 ton truck.

CanadianSteel is offline Associate Member
    boycotting gas would never work..... think of all the companies that would have to stop work for the day... not to mention many essential services require gas... police/ambulance/fire......

OwnItOnDVD is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSteel
    not to mention many essential services require gas... police/ambulance/fire......

Nuff said!

decadbal is offline Banned
    well everyone keeps saying it wont work, so i assume those are the ppl who will buy gas, well im down, no gas for me.

You can still operate a vehicle without buying gas on Wed. (Although some people say it's from WED-FRI). I have about a 1/4 tank from last week that I'll survive on. It doesn't take that much to not buy gas for a day, it's a VERY long shot, but it's worth the little chance you take.

I'm thinking bout getting a crotch rocket to preserve on some gas (among other reasons). I couldn't afford an SUV let alone the gas and extra insurance.

For all you people who are supporting this "GREAT IDEA": - DONT. This boycot HELPS the GAS industry.
    Ok, so we ALL didnt buy gas on Wed, Thurs, and Friday. HURRAY. Guess what. ALL of our cars are almost out of gas. Well it is Saturday and now we can ALL go out and fill up our tanks. Well, EVERYONE is going to the gas station. That means SUPPLY and DEMAND just SKYROCKETED the gas prices again. Since EVEREYONE is BUYING gas on the SAME DAY, ALL the gas stations can raise their prices because they know EVERYONE will be low on gas and filling up because they have to.

SMART IDEA GUYS. Whomever is pushing this idea must be the president of EXXON or Mobile. Whomever is following this idea must be a democrat because, those people always follow the end of line not knowing where it leads to.

BTW.
    It is rumored that they have been planning this limitation of barrels of oil to the US for almost a decade. It cant be proven, but the plan is working.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I hate buying gas it just all around sucks.

Thread Information