Thread: Gas Prices

JayDawg is offline Junior Member

Gas Prices

gas prices are at an all time high in my area $2.13 for the cheap stuff- what is everyone else paying?

decadbal is offline Banned
    1.89 here in ga

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    2.30 in cali

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    1 dollar per liter.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    1 dollar per liter.
    oh my ****!!!!!!!!! where in canada??
    im paying aroung 90 in mississauga

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    $1.87 in NE Alabama/NW Georgia

ColdSore is offline Banned
    1.91 in Texas

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Mark my word you won't find anything cheaper over the next few yrs, at least in the US anyways.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I payed $2.29 in South Florida yesterday...errrrrrrrrr

OG

ColdSore is offline Banned
    ****...what does it cost some of you guys to fill up that have big ass cars...like surburbans and 3/4 ton trucks...

i drive one of the new 1/2 ton dodge rams and it cost me 40 bucks to fill up friday with 1/4 tank left!!!

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Mark my word you won't find anything cheaper over the next few yrs, at least in the US anyways.
    Yeah, you're right. Besides the cost of a barrel (bbl) of crude oil being so high, the main reason prices are going up is that summer is approaching. I work with a lot of refineries in the so cal area. Summer means more production of gasoline and less of diesel. Notice that diesel prices have really gone up.

Another little tip. There's not much difference between reg unleaded, premium and super at one gas station versus another. Most people think the difference is in the refining, but the gas stations just add a teaspoon of additive to their shipments before it goes to the pump. At least on the west coast, all oil companies share the tanks and pipelines that gasoline is stored in before going to the gas stations. In other words, ARCO gas can be sitting with Exxon gas in the same tank before begin delivered. So if you think Exxon is better than ARCO, chances are it isn't.

Spyder Guest
    I just got this as a forward from a friend ... i hate BS forwards, but hey...

REMEMBER
    DO NOT BUY GAS!!!!
    MAY 19, 2004

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" REMEMBER DO NOT BUY GAS!!!! MAY 19, 2004

Spyder Guest
    Northern NJ is approx. $1.99 for Regular, $2.29 for Super

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    I just got this as a forward from a friend ... i hate BS forwards, but hey...

REMEMBER
    DO NOT BUY GAS!!!!
    MAY 19, 2004

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" REMEMBER DO NOT BUY GAS!!!! MAY 19, 2004
    This is total BS. It won't work. So ppl don't buy on May 19, but instead they buy gasoline on the 18th or the 20th, the oil companies still make their profit. I can see the only way a boycott like this working is if ppl stop driving their cars altogether for a couple days to show they don't need to drive, but we all know that won't ever happen.

Spyder Guest
    i know it wont work, thats why i originally wrote "i hate BS forwards"

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

I may have the record

$1.79 in the great State of South Carolina.

and kerosene for my heater is even cheaper.

hehe

TheInfamousApe

TheGorilla

massimo is offline Junior Member
    Here in North Florida its about 1.99 gallon. 2.24 for the good stuff. I am lucky cause work pays for my gas.

Spyder Guest

Angry

Hahahaha Check this out at www.cnn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    i know it wont work, thats why i originally wrote "i hate BS forwards"
    I realized that. I was just supporting you.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    $1.10 per gallon

I buy the farm fuel........ keep it in a 300 gal tank.......

thanks.............
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Danielle is offline Female Member
    just paid 2.23 for regular..............

in the great state of New York...............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    1.89 last tank in Houston...

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    $1.99 in pa

JayDawg is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    ****...what does it cost some of you guys to fill up that have big ass cars...like surburbans and 3/4 ton trucks...

i drive one of the new 1/2 ton dodge rams and it cost me 40 bucks to fill up friday with 1/4 tank left!!!
    I have a 40 gallon tank in my suburban, so to fill it up is around $80.00

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    38.00 to fill it up... good lord.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    21 gal tank at $2.00 = $42.00 for me. If it hits $3. ouch, $63?

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    its partly because the d.amn ethenol, thats required to be in the gas

$1 per litre here in Montreal... unbelievable... simply mind boggling.

Red

Jade is offline Female Member
    1.99 in Minneapolis MN

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I do not know why people are so concerned with gas prices.......the real reason is that they are not. If people were actually concerned they would not drive anything but extremely fuel efficient sub compacts. I think the average person, the same guy who's compaining about the cost of fuel, just wants something to bitch about and the price of gas is an easy target.

When you consider the total cost of personal automobile transporation, the cost of fuel is relatively minor. Especially when considering that it varies significantly with respect to the type of vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by §ierra_350
    It's 94.5 here Red....(Barrie)
    I have to run 94, so it's like 1.15
    Daaam

You know I used to miss my Bronco 4x4... but at a buck a litre, I really appreciate my little Cavalier with a 4 banger and stick shift.

Besides since I live like 5 miles from my office, I started to bike to work last week... saving a bit of gas AND 20 minutes less of cardio at the gym! Killing 2 birds with 1 stone! It's a win win situation.

Now if everyone else did something like that, those OPEC rat-bastärds would really hurt (not like those "boycot" movements which only end up hurting small businessmen).

Red

OwnItOnDVD is offline Banned
    I am payin $1.83 per gallon here in texas

C-ray is offline New Member
    i feel sorry for anyone driving an Excursion or an H2 right now.....well no i don't.

Thread Information