Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    palequail is offline Banned

Oh BTW Don't go see TROY!!!!!

That has got to be the biggest let down of my whole life. I mean yeah sure Brad Pitt is kinda buff in it and whatever..but do we really need to see his bare ass all the time....plus the movie is based on some dumb guy (orlando bloom) and his stuipid chick....I hated it...but I give props to Pitt for putting on the weight.

I was looking forward to seeing it

BigRed54 is offline New Member
    I heard it sucked also. The previews didn't really interest me. It doens't look very real. All the actors are clean and looked like they just had a shower. They should look alittle dirty. I believe King Author will be a better movie, also better director.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    That has got to be the biggest let down of my whole life. I mean yeah sure Brad Pitt is kinda buff in it and whatever..but do we really need to see his bare ass all the time....plus the movie is based on some dumb guy (orlando bloom) and his stuipid chick....I hated it...but I give props to Pitt for putting on the weight.
    u mean brad stopped with the coke use during the movie lol

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    It seemed to much like a Gladiator rip off to me, I hate going to the movies, the last time I was in a theater was for Jackass. Great film by the way.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    True true. The previews didnt really capture my attention. For a preview of a big summer hit not to capture the audiences attention says "this movie sucks" cause they can ALWAYS make the trailor look good regardless of how bad the movie sux.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Well that sucks. I wanted to see it. Well thanks for letting me know. Saved me a few bucks.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well, that ruins my plans for Wednesday night..Unless someone else has a different review..

Doc M

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought it was great, especially the fight scenes. I would say definitely worth it.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Looks pretty lame to me, I wait for the rent, anways Doc M go see Van Helsing it's pretty good.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i was going to watch it tomorow ...but now i dont want to waste my money

go see "man of fire" I loved it... i got a little misty eyed at the end

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I think this is the first movie i've been to in about a year, and i thought it would be worth it. I thought there was too much love crap going on, there was some fighting, but IMO not enough, and it wasn't all that great anyways. Movie was also a bit long. I was also suprised how many commercials/previews there are now, around 20 min now.

GymDog is offline Banned
    ...plus the movie is based on some dumb guy (orlando bloom) and his stuipid chick...
    You've never heard of Homer's "Iliad", have you?

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    it wasnt too bad. but there were some glaring inaccuracies that i just couldnt get past.

they made it seem as if the entire span of the trojan war took less than a month... when in Homer's Illiad, as most of you know... it was a 10 year siege.

also, the movie was based not just on the Illiad, but the Aneid as well, wherein Achilles dies from a fatal arrow through the heel.

all in all, the action was good, and since the movie was based on the greatest story ever told (in my opinion) it couldnt possibly be all bad. it was a decent adaption at best, adn would have been much much muchhhh better with a realistic timeline to convey the epic proportions of the Trojan war.

plus i hate orlando bloom.

V_Xsucks is offline Banned

I strongly agree I saw the movie yesterday and it was pretty bad.

GymDog is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    also, the movie was based not just on the Illiad, but the Aneid as well, wherein Achilles dies from a fatal arrow through the heel.
    Yeah, I was just addressing where palequail was commenting about the whole story being about some chick. I haven't seen the movie yet myself, but I've read where critics have had the same complaints- making the Trojan War seem like a month or so, rather than 10 years...

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    It was engaging, and at least had a plot.. although somewhat predictable........

worth the time to go see............ take a chick...........

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Well, that ruins my plans for Wednesday night..Unless someone else has a different review..

Doc M
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Dang, I was gonna see this with my chick tonight too. I guess Van Helsing it is.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member

awsome

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    go see "man of fire" I loved it... i got a little misty eyed at the end
    i watched man on fire ands i definatly agree it was a great movie. **** denzal washinton is a sick **** in that movie. a little slow to strat but definatly worth ur time and money

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi83
    i watched man on fire ands i definatly agree it was a great movie. **** denzal washinton is a sick **** in that movie. a little slow to strat but definatly worth ur time and money
    yea its slow, but picks up hard core later on. It was the best movie ive seen in years.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    im gonna buy that when it comes out on dvd. ill call it it must own

dnale48 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Looks pretty lame to me, I wait for the rent, anways Doc M go see Van Helsing it's pretty good.
    ok wait a sec here, Troy is lame but van Helsing is not. What are you talkin about?

Yeah I know the movie is based on the story about the stuipid girl...but I just hated the whole **** thing...bad actors for the parts...Good actors but not for that movie....Seriously I almost walked out..

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Im waiting for banners to start appearing on the bottom of the screen throughout the entire movie. Banners with advertising blended into the actual film. Then intermition advertising. It will happen. Advertising is everywhere. Almost on the bases of baseball parks. What next: Big signs on the side of freeways?????

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I thought it was a good flick, I enjoyed it, but I also enjoy greek mythology and stories. If you havent read the Illiad, or know the story of Achillies...it probally would suck to watch it.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    despite all the mixed views i still want to see it. it cant be that bad, it just might be the titanic of the ancient world

I'm usually not that critical of movies..but I guess it just seemed way to Gay for me...girls will love it...
    Last edited by OneMoreSet; 05-10-2004 at 10:33 AM.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    I'm usually not that critical of movies..but I guess it just seemed way to Gay for me...girls will love it...

yup a lot of my lady friends mentioned that its the first big movie wherein all the guys are hotter than the chicks! its like brad overshadowed helen. should have been called hector instead of troy!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    yup a lot of my lady friends mentioned that its the first big movie wherein all the guys are hotter than the chicks! its like brad overshadowed helen. should have been called hector instead of troy!

Exactly..the girls were the ugliest ones in it...and they were still hot.

FinaZurp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    it wasnt too bad. but there were some glaring inaccuracies that i just couldnt get past.

they made it seem as if the entire span of the trojan war took less than a month... when in Homer's Illiad, as most of you know... it was a 10 year siege.

all in all, the action was good, and since the movie was based on the greatest story ever told (in my opinion) it couldnt possibly be all bad. it was a decent adaption at best, adn would have been much much muchhhh better with a realistic timeline to convey the epic proportions of the Trojan war.

plus i hate orlando bloom.

I agree with you about the timeline issue, but then again we do have to accept that this is Hollywood and they will tweak things for a more dramatic overtone. Besides the movie was 3 hours long as it was. From what I understood from posts above most people have never read the Iliad and don’t understand that the love story is the basis for the entire plot and war. It played and integral part in portraying the characters accurately. I would say it was a good movie worth watching. I for one was impressed by Brad Pitts portrayal of the greatest warrior of all time. He did ooze the confidence, swagger, and ego of Achilles. I also think that the screenwriters got Agamemnon down to a "T." Another thing is that I have to disagree with you guys about the women not being up to par. I thought "Helen" was incredibly beautiful. Her eyes for lack of a better word were amazing. I don't know guys its one thing if you've actually read the Iliad and criticize the movie's accuracy (hey, it's an adaptation) but if you've never read it you more likely attacking one of the greatest epics ever written by one of the greatest writers.
    Last edited by FinaZurp; 05-17-2004 at 11:47 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    im very anti orlando bloom.

Hey I can respect a good love story..Like Braveheart...my favorite movie and Mel Gibson starts the war due to his girl being killed...but they protrayed the love story very well in that movie..in Troy...the love story is wack......Orlando Bloom is gay

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Orlando Bloom is the biggest p*ssy in Troy. Unbelievable how wimpy he is.

It was indeed a let down, but so was Van Helsing. Man on Fire was very good, though.

On the upside of Troy, however, in the beginning of the movie, Brad Pitt (Achilles) squares off against the biggest man I have ever seen. Does anybody know who that guy is?
    Last edited by jerseykid23; 05-18-2004 at 11:54 AM.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Still gonna have to check it out. My roommate has a bunch of free passes anyway. Guess I'll just be looking forward to Bourne Supremacy in July. The first one was tight.

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Found that guy's name, it's Nathan Jones. He stands 6'10 342lbs. He's wrestled a bit in the WWE. All the pictures I found on google did not load. Anybody have any? The dude was huge.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    im very anti orlando bloom.

amen brother...

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseykid23
    Found that guy's name, it's Nathan Jones. He stands 6'10 342lbs. He's wrestled a bit in the WWE. All the pictures I found on google did not load. Anybody have any? The dude was huge.
    that guy was freakin unbelievably huge....I'd like to see some more pics of that guy too, i thought it was goldberg...just bigger

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    I thought it was awesome, i love the fighting.

-Sean

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Quote Originally Posted by dnale48
    ok wait a sec here, Troy is lame but van Helsing is not. What are you talkin about?
    \

bawahahahahahaha!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information