bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Blow to the knee leveled me.

I was pulling a sledge hammer out of the back of my truck. The head of the hammer slipped off the tailgate and swung down full force into the bottom joint of my knee. OMG, that was like hitting my funny bone only a gazillion times worse. (and a gazillion is a big number)
    My whole body just paralized. I instantly dropped to the ground in misery and almost threw up. I cant imagine the pain people have gone through who have had broken knee caps or have been shot in the knee. That pain would be excruciating compared to mine.
    Let me just say, I think I would rather have had a broken bone than a sledge hammer wack me in the knee.

BTW. It was one of those big 20lb sledge hammers that "REAL MEN" use.
    I guess I should stick with the little 5 lb sledges.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Hope your ok bro.....I won't get into the knee cap discusion.

~DB

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    OUCH....i don't like the sounds of that at all. I feel off a fence once when i was seven and landed square on my knee cap...it's literally not been the same since and that just conjured up all those feelings again.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    that sucks berm......has it started swelling yet? A 20 lb sledge can do some serious damage. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    You should be glad it wasn't your boys that took the shot...

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

3 wood

OUCH....The worst pain that Ive ever felt was due to a blow to the knee also. I was on the back 9 of a local golf course and I just dropped my golfing partner off at his ball and rode 30-40 yards to my ball which was off the right. He was hitting a fairway wood (3 wood) and I pulled the cart so I could watch him hit and also be out of his way (so I thiougth).

To make a long agonizing story short, he shanked his top-flite and it made a B-Line right to my knee.

OMFG...I rolled my big a*s out of that golf cart like someone just cut my leg off. The pain was unbearable. My buddy stayed well away from me b/c Ive have been known to throw a club when pissed. He didnt know that I didnt have time to be pissed and that I was too busy crying like a little baby

I feel that pain today..

sucked

TheInfamousApe

TheGorilla

mass junkie is offline banned
    I blew my knee out messing around and ended up having to be rushed to the er for surgery.................Id rather bare children out my ass before ever going through something like that again.....ouch berm I feel your pain

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegorilla
    OUCH....The worst pain that Ive ever felt was due to a blow to the knee also. I was on the back 9 of a local golf course and I just dropped my golfing partner off at his ball and rode 30-40 yards to my ball which was off the right. He was hitting a fairway wood (3 wood) and I pulled the cart so I could watch him hit and also be out of his way (so I thiougth).

To make a long agonizing story short, he shanked his top-flite and it made a B-Line right to my knee.

OMFG...I rolled my big a*s out of that golf cart like someone just cut my leg off. The pain was unbearable. My buddy stayed well away from me b/c Ive have been known to throw a club when pissed. He didnt know that I didnt have time to be pissed and that I was too busy crying like a little baby

I feel that pain today..

sucked

TheInfamousApe

TheGorilla
    Did you get him back... or at least make him pay for the post-game beers?

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Dam'n, that **** hurts just thinking about it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I feel your pain!!!!!!

Try rupturing BOTH patellar tendons (totally off the kneecap, hence "rupture") at one time while you are going up to dunk on somebody.

I was in so much pain, I was in shock, and I thought I was dreaming. It was an "out of the body" experience until the ambulance got there and threw down a few cc's of morphene.............

~SC~

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I feel your pain!!!!!!

Try rupturing BOTH patellar tendons (totally off the kneecap, hence "rupture") at one time while you are going up to dunk on somebody.

I was in so much pain, I was in shock, and I thought I was dreaming. It was an "out of the body" experience until the ambulance got there and threw down a few cc's of morphene.............

~SC~
    my source doesnt sell morphene

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hehe ouch bro

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Dang bro, I hope your doing better

DoctaBig is offline Member
    lol that sux bro. construct related accidents are the worst. I know what your talking about when you mentioned hard core knee injuries. I was involved in a 60+ mph head on motorcycle colision a few years back and basically had my leg amputated at the knee. somehow my surgeon put most of it back together (minus all the muscle and plus a boat load of titanium). Anway...yeah it hurtz, all the way up to the morphine shots. Now the only thing that hurts is leg day...although it is cool to see the look on peoples face when they see me do 8-10 plates per side on the press machine and then limp away because im a crippled mess.
    Last edited by DoctaBig; 05-23-2004 at 04:08 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    dude that sucks, a dumb bitch at the gym about 3 years ago dropped a 45lb plate on my toes... i almost hit her....then went into the locker room and cried..lol

allsaucedup is offline Member
    sophmore year of highschool and the last time i ever played football i was playing d-end and on my way around the corner to the quarterback the running back comes over to chip me he goes low i try to hurdle him. Cletes on my right shoe were still in the ground when he hit my knee. I tore the pcl and mcl and chipped my knee cap. felt like somone was cooking my knee it got so hot. not a good time

Thread Information