Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: in need

  1. #1
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568

    in need

    i was curious to see if you guys had some good social issues.....i need some ideas for my philosophy paper

  2. #2
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    You still go to school bro?

  3. #3
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    You still go to school bro?

    yea bro...college

  4. #4
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    I wrote a soc paper on affirmative action,

  5. #5
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    im in between deciding on abortion, or drug issues

  6. #6
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    yea bro...college
    You go to SC,

  7. #7
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    im in between deciding on abortion, or drug issues
    Write about drugs, surplus of info.

  8. #8
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    You go to SC,

    no i wish....not smart enough, im firends with guys who played there, so i root for their football team.

  9. #9
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    no i wish....not smart enough, im firends with guys who played there, so i root for their football team.
    What school do you go to?

  10. #10
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    Write about drugs, surplus of info.

    yea, its not a research paper though. philosophy essay.

    i need to consider three points in the brief paper.

    1. as a human being do we have a right to use drugs?
    2. what makes it ok?
    3. should they all be illegal?

    im having trouble with finding 3 strong topics.

    i could focus on using one type of drug for my paper. even steroids .
    but i cant really come up with some good ethical issues why it should be ok...any help would be greatly appreciated

  11. #11
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    What school do you go to?

    orange coast

  12. #12
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    orange coast
    **** striaght, the women there are out of this world,

  13. #13
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    i think its a conspiracy, against many drugs. now it seems like the most dangerous drugs are ciggarettes, and alcohol, just cigarretes alone cause more deaths than any other drugs

  14. #14
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    **** striaght, the women there are out of this world,

    yea bro its nice, #1 playboy prospect school

  15. #15
    Rhino58's Avatar
    Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,454
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    1. as a human being do we have a right to use drugs?
    2. what makes it ok?
    3. should they all be illegal?

    im having trouble with finding 3 strong topics.

    i could focus on using one type of drug for my paper. even steroids .
    but i cant really come up with some good ethical issues why it should be ok...any help would be greatly appreciated
    Well in philo it is all about opinion, so you could agrue as humans we deserve all the natural rights. One of which is being choice. It is up to the individual to decided weather itis moral or not.

  16. #16
    jerseykid23's Avatar
    jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the floor
    Posts
    118
    Title 9

  17. #17
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseykid23
    Title 9

    whats title 9 bru

  18. #18
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    i've got social anxiety disorder, does that count as a social issue?

  19. #19
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    i've got social anxiety disorder, does that count as a social issue?

    does that mean you get nervous in social situations? well i dont think i would be able to get my philosophical groove on that topic

  20. #20
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    I think it would be rather interesting to write about society's huge need to fit certain physical parameters. There is a huge increase in suicide over the past several years because young adults, moreover women, feel like they are less of a person because of their physical appreanace. I know from personal experience of a girl at my high school who committed suicide because people made fun of her because here family was lees fortunate and she was forced to wear the same clothes every week.

  21. #21
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    I think it would be rather interesting to write about society's huge need to fit certain physical parameters. There is a huge increase in suicide over the past several years because young adults, moreover women, feel like they are less of a person because of their physical appreanace. I know from personal experience of a girl at my high school who committed suicide because people made fun of her because here family was lees fortunate and she was forced to wear the same clothes every week.

    thanks that is a good social issue but i have decided on using drugs as my topic. there is just so much information on it. i will have a much easier time finding information to complete the paper and since i have personal experience i should be able to make a stronger point

  22. #22
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    yea, its not a research paper though. philosophy essay.

    i need to consider three points in the brief paper.

    1. as a human being do we have a right to use drugs?
    2. what makes it ok?
    3. should they all be illegal?

    im having trouble with finding 3 strong topics.

    i could focus on using one type of drug for my paper. even steroids .
    but i cant really come up with some good ethical issues why it should be ok...any help would be greatly appreciated

    Easy schmeezy . . .
    1) You can argue this either way.
    a) No, because we as people belong to each other and we owe it to society to eliminate everything that harms human health.
    b) No, because our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, and we owe it to God to not harm His Temple.
    c) Yes, primarily because since all people are politically equal (everyone has only one vote in decision making), other people have no more right to deny us the right to use drugs than we have the right to force them to do drugs.
    The legitimate role of government over a free people will not be so intrusive as to make personal decisions for individuals.

    2) What makes taking them ok? Um, if you re-phrase the question, you can ask, "What makes taking them NOT ok?"
    If you know what you're doing, you can take some drugs in moderation, enjoy the benefits, monitor your health, and quit before side effects begin to appear.
    But even if you take them in utter ignorance, in a society of free individuals it remains the responsibility of the individual to bear any adverse consequenses of error.

    3) Should they all be illegal? Yes, if you agree that a central government should releive you of your responsibility and freedom to choose your own way of life, and you want to reduce health hazards from the environment. No, if you beleive that it is each individual bears the responsibility and has the right to make their own individual choices in life.

    A responsive government would research drugs, and inform citizens on how to use them safely. Unfortunately, the US does not have either a truly free society or a responsive government. So, the folks who still hold on to the precious right to think for themselves and make their own decisions experiment on their own and find their own way, in the process, exposing the government's ignorance on drug use for all to see.

    Da da da
    dada
    da!
    That's all, folks!


    You could flesh this out some, and see what happens. If it was a government or religion paper, they'd probably run you out of school. But since it's a philosophy paper, all they'll be looking for is whether or not you can present a coherent argument. Doesn't have to be either right or wrong, just be somewhat defensible.

    Funny thing with philosophical positions . . . people can live with positively awful ones for centuries (like slavery), and then all of a sudden (usually accompanied by an economic reason) change their minds and wonder how people could have ever thought that way . . .
    So, just because you or I or your congressman thinks a certain way doesn't have jack shtt to do with what's actually good or best or "how things shoud be." Because sooner or later, the way things are will change.

    -Tock

  23. #23
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Easy schmeezy . . .
    1) You can argue this either way.
    a) No, because we as people belong to each other and we owe it to society to eliminate everything that harms human health.
    b) No, because our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, and we owe it to God to not harm His Temple.
    c) Yes, primarily because since all people are politically equal (everyone has only one vote in decision making), other people have no more right to deny us the right to use drugs than we have the right to force them to do drugs.
    The legitimate role of government over a free people will not be so intrusive as to make personal decisions for individuals.

    2) What makes taking them ok? Um, if you re-phrase the question, you can ask, "What makes taking them NOT ok?"
    If you know what you're doing, you can take some drugs in moderation, enjoy the benefits, monitor your health, and quit before side effects begin to appear.
    But even if you take them in utter ignorance, in a society of free individuals it remains the responsibility of the individual to bear any adverse consequenses of error.

    3) Should they all be illegal? Yes, if you agree that a central government should releive you of your responsibility and freedom to choose your own way of life, and you want to reduce health hazards from the environment. No, if you beleive that it is each individual bears the responsibility and has the right to make their own individual choices in life.

    A responsive government would research drugs, and inform citizens on how to use them safely. Unfortunately, the US does not have either a truly free society or a responsive government. So, the folks who still hold on to the precious right to think for themselves and make their own decisions experiment on their own and find their own way, in the process, exposing the government's ignorance on drug use for all to see.

    Da da da
    dada
    da!
    That's all, folks!


    You could flesh this out some, and see what happens. If it was a government or religion paper, they'd probably run you out of school. But since it's a philosophy paper, all they'll be looking for is whether or not you can present a coherent argument. Doesn't have to be either right or wrong, just be somewhat defensible.

    Funny thing with philosophical positions . . . people can live with positively awful ones for centuries (like slavery), and then all of a sudden (usually accompanied by an economic reason) change their minds and wonder how people could have ever thought that way . . .
    So, just because you or I or your congressman thinks a certain way doesn't have jack shtt to do with what's actually good or best or "how things shoud be." Because sooner or later, the way things are will change.

    -Tock
    i was hoping you would post on here, that was exactly the kind of positions i wanted to consider. thanks bro

  24. #24
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Another thing to consider throwing in bro is about different religous views on drugs. Such as eastern and western religons along with naturalist views as well. That way you can show both pros and cons before revealing your personal view. Hope that helps.

  25. #25
    jerseykid23's Avatar
    jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the floor
    Posts
    118
    Title 9 is the rule in Division I College athletics that stipulates that your sport budget must be split between men and women according to the student breakdown. Therefore, if your school's student body is 74% women, the athletic department must spend 74% of the budget on Women's sports. The problem with this is that a very large portion of the Men's budget is used towards football, thus leaving little money for other sports (generally ones that don't bring in large amounts of revenue) and they are cut from the program (wrestling, lacrosse, baseball, crew etc). Meanwhile, women's sports which generally don't bring in any money or have any attendance (with the exception of basketball in some places like UConn or Tennessee where they have a revenue sport), enjoy the fruits of the way the budget is unfairly divided. At my school we have Varsity Women's Lax, Crew, Rugby and a few others but the same sports are Club for Men.
    Last edited by jerseykid23; 05-25-2004 at 10:14 PM.

  26. #26
    jerseykid23's Avatar
    jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    on the floor
    Posts
    118
    PS-I can give you the bigger picture if you want; just PM me. Sorry for the delay in responding.

  27. #27
    zx7racing's Avatar
    zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,018
    you should probably just send tock 100 bucks and have him write the paper



    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Easy schmeezy . . .
    1) You can argue this either way.
    a) No, because we as people belong to each other and we owe it to society to eliminate everything that harms human health.
    b) No, because our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, and we owe it to God to not harm His Temple.
    c) Yes, primarily because since all people are politically equal (everyone has only one vote in decision making), other people have no more right to deny us the right to use drugs than we have the right to force them to do drugs.
    The legitimate role of government over a free people will not be so intrusive as to make personal decisions for individuals.

    2) What makes taking them ok? Um, if you re-phrase the question, you can ask, "What makes taking them NOT ok?"
    If you know what you're doing, you can take some drugs in moderation, enjoy the benefits, monitor your health, and quit before side effects begin to appear.
    But even if you take them in utter ignorance, in a society of free individuals it remains the responsibility of the individual to bear any adverse consequenses of error.

    3) Should they all be illegal? Yes, if you agree that a central government should releive you of your responsibility and freedom to choose your own way of life, and you want to reduce health hazards from the environment. No, if you beleive that it is each individual bears the responsibility and has the right to make their own individual choices in life.

    A responsive government would research drugs, and inform citizens on how to use them safely. Unfortunately, the US does not have either a truly free society or a responsive government. So, the folks who still hold on to the precious right to think for themselves and make their own decisions experiment on their own and find their own way, in the process, exposing the government's ignorance on drug use for all to see.

    Da da da
    dada
    da!
    That's all, folks!


    You could flesh this out some, and see what happens. If it was a government or religion paper, they'd probably run you out of school. But since it's a philosophy paper, all they'll be looking for is whether or not you can present a coherent argument. Doesn't have to be either right or wrong, just be somewhat defensible.

    Funny thing with philosophical positions . . . people can live with positively awful ones for centuries (like slavery), and then all of a sudden (usually accompanied by an economic reason) change their minds and wonder how people could have ever thought that way . . .
    So, just because you or I or your congressman thinks a certain way doesn't have jack shtt to do with what's actually good or best or "how things shoud be." Because sooner or later, the way things are will change.

    -Tock

  28. #28
    Tock's Avatar
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    you should probably just send tock 100 bucks and have him write the paper


    I'll settle for the warm feeling that comes from a job well done. Or maybe a steak, well done. Yah, that's it . . . send me a box of those overpriced Omaha steaks . . .

    Actually, if you've got the report in digital, I'd be curious to see how you fleshed it out . . .

  29. #29
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    thanks guys i finished the essay today

  30. #30
    alphamedic is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Small Town, Tx.
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    i think its a conspiracy, against many drugs. now it seems like the most dangerous drugs are ciggarettes, and alcohol, just cigarretes alone cause more deaths than any other drugs
    I agree and disagree....I think if all drugs were leagal...there would be more deaths from other drugs...I know people use them still...but they are not as readilly available as ciggs...so some people who don't smoke might use other drugs if they were leagal...and that might kill them as well...such as morphine....if one doesn't know the proper dose...it will kill them..(respiratory arrest)....JMO...PS...I DO agree that ciggs and alcohol ARE bad and kill MANY people though....no argument there....peace

  31. #31
    whiteyk's Avatar
    whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamedic
    I agree and disagree....I think if all drugs were leagal...there would be more deaths from other drugs...I know people use them still...but they are not as readilly available as ciggs...so some people who don't smoke might use other drugs if they were leagal...and that might kill them as well...such as morphine....if one doesn't know the proper dose...it will kill them..(respiratory arrest)....JMO...PS...I DO agree that ciggs and alcohol ARE bad and kill MANY people though....no argument there....peace

    in bold,
    if they were legal, the government would be responsible for informing the public about its dangers, and how to use them safely. if the individual decided to go ahead and say, "well the risks are worth it" then its his fault he dies

  32. #32
    alphamedic is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Small Town, Tx.
    Posts
    228
    Whiteyk...you do make a valid point...I'm done...hehe...you are one of the loved peeps on here and I don't make a habit of arguing with the guys that have been here a while like yourself...I learn alot from your posts,...thanks.....peace brotha....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •