Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose

Jihad is never a tool of waging war against the innocents; it's never a means of flexing muscles or bullying the weak and oppressed. Jihad in Islam is something unique, established to defend the divine message from being eliminated or hindered by its enemies.

Shedding more light on the true concept of Jihad, here is the statement made by Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America:

"Allah says, "And strive in His cause as ye ought to strive (with sincerity and under discipline). He has chosen you, and has imposed no difficulties on you in religion; it is the religion of your father Abraham. It is He (Allah) Who has named you Muslims, both before and in this (Revelation); that the Messenger may be a witness for you, and you be witnesses for mankind! So establish regular Prayer, give regular Charity, and hold fast to Allah! He is your Protector, the best to protect and the Best to help!" (Al-Hajj: 78)

Jihad is one of the most misunderstood, and abused aspects of Islam. There are some Muslims who exploit and misuse this concept for their own political objectives. There are many non-Muslims who misunderstand it. There are some non-Muslims who misinterpret it to discredit Islam and Muslims.

What is Jihad?

The word Jihad does not mean “Holy War”. It means “struggle” or “striving”. The word for war in the Qur’an is “Harb” or “Qital”. Jihad means serious and sincere struggle on the personal as well as on the social level. It is a struggle to do good and to remove injustice, oppression and evil from the society. This struggle should be spiritual as well as social, economic and political. Jihad is to work hard to do right things. In the Qur’an this word is used in its different forms 33 times. It often comes with other Qur’anic concepts such as faith, repentance, righteous deeds and migration.

Jihad is to protect one’s faith and one’s human rights. Jihad is not a war always although it can take the form of war. Islam is the religion of peace, but it does not mean that Islam accepts oppression. Islam teaches that one should do one’s utmost to eliminate tension and conflict. Islam promotes non-violent means to bring change and reform. Actually, Islam urges that one should eliminate evil through peaceful means without the use of force as much as possible. In Islamic history from the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) until now, Muslims most of the time resisted oppression and struggled for liberation in non-violent and peaceful manners.

Islam teaches proper ethics in the situation of war also. The war is permissible in Islam, but only when other peaceful means such as dialogue, negotiations and treaties fail. It is a last resort and should be avoided as much as possible. Its purpose is not to convert people by force, or to colonize people or to acquire land or wealth or for self-glory. Its purpose is basically: defense of life, property, land, honor and freedom for oneself as well as defense of others from injustice and oppression.

The basic rules of war in Islam are:

1. Be strong so that your enemy fear you and should not attack you.
    2. Do not begin the hostilities. Work for peace as much as possible.
    3. Fight only those who fight, no collective punishment; non-combatants should not be harmed.
    4. Observe the treaties and agreements as long as the enemy observes them.

Allah says very clearly: "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not do aggression, for Allah loves not the aggressors." (Al-Baqarah: 190)

"The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves." (al-Baqarah: 194)

Jihad is not terrorism:

It is to be emphasized that terrorism against the innocent civilians, whether through aggression or suicidal means, is under no circumstances permissible in Islam. Islam encourages the oppressed people to struggle for their liberation and it commands other Muslims to help those who are oppressed and suffering, but Islam does not allow, under any circumstance, terrorism against non-combatants and innocent people. Terrorism is not Jihad, it is Fasad (mischief). It is against the teachings of Islam. There are some people who use their twisted arguments to justify terrorism for their causes, but it has no justification: Allah says:
    "When it is said to them: 'Make not mischief on the earth,' they say: 'Why, we only want to correct things.' Indeed they are the mischief doers, but they realize (it) not." (Al-Baqarah: 11-12)

Islam wants to establish a world order where all human beings - Muslims and non-Muslims - can live with justice in peace, harmony and good will. It gives its followers full guidelines to find peace in their personal and social lives, but it also tells them how to extend the good will on the basis of human relations towards others. Muslims worked under these principles for centuries. People of many faiths lived with them and among them. Islamic societies were known for their tolerance, generosity and humanity.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    What you claim it's true meaning to be and the reality of Jihad in practice are very different things. I can only hope that our governement will wake up to the real threat posed by "many" muslims <~~~This is to silence the "they are not all bad peanut gallery" Our sad reality is this: We destroy them now while we have the upper hand or wait a decade or so until they get enough nukes to destroy us. To me the choice is quite clear.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Nobody cares, at least I don't.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Hey........ doesn't Islam promote the submission on women to men?? and that sex with boys is ok??????
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Hey........ doesn't Islam promote the submission on women to men?? and that sex with boys is ok??????

Yah . . . why the women in Islam don't rise up and fight female circumcision and all that other stuff is beyond me . . .
    Burkas in 100 deg + weather? Not for me . . .

-Tock

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Yah . . . why the women in Islam don't rise up and fight female circumcision and all that other stuff is beyond me . . .
    Burkas in 100 deg + weather? Not for me . . .

-Tock
    those are the laws of islam they r not the laws of men ...all the muslim women that wear burkas ,wear because of their religious beleifs not because men want them to do it.
    man you have to learn more and more about islam

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    No offense, but i don't give a **** about islam, nor do
    I wish to spend any of my time learning more about it...
    This is a bodybuilding board... make a post about training,
    nutrition, something... I'm so sick of reading all the posts
    about politics and other bull****...

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    those are the laws of islam they r not the laws of men ...all the muslim women that wear burkas ,wear because of their religious beleifs not because men want them to do it. man you have to learn more and more about islam

barbarian is offline Banned
    hey m guy guess what!!!! click to enlarge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose-untitled6.jpg  

those are the laws of islam they r not the laws of men ...all the muslim women that wear burkas ,wear because of their religious beleifs not because men want them to do it.

Yah, well, don't some of the guys get upset when they see women walking around without burkas?

I see no reason why women should not have the same rights as men.

It's because of religious rules like that (and there are lots of crazy religious rules in the Bible, too, so I'm not just picking on Islam) that I think that each and every person's individual opinion should take precedence over what any religious book says. Just because you and a million other people beleive that Allah said XXX or YYY or ZZZ does not mean I am going to beleive it too. And if I don't beleive it, I ain't going to live by it . . . unless, of course, you put a gun to my head and give me the choice to "obey or die."

One of the best things about the USA is our religious freedom. We don't have to pray 5 times a day, or even at all. We don't have to go to church, ever. We can stand on the street corner and blaspheme all we want, write books defaming the Virgin Mary, Allah, Budda, or even the Great Pumpkin. We can burn bibles, korans, credit card bills, religious commentaries, great pronouncements from ancient religious leaders, and we can do this because we are free.
    Odd thing, though, is that because we are free to do all this, no one ever does because no one really cares . . .
    Geez, I love this country . . .
    Not to "dis" Lebanon or any other mid-east country, but we Americans have the freedom to do, say, and think lots of things that could get y'all in deep piles of shtt. That freedom is, I am sure, one of the reasons why America is the great nation that it is. Until everyone in the mid-east is granted these same rights, including women, I don't think y'all's living standards will ever quite reach what we've got in the US.

Next time you're at the mosque, try suggesting to the other guys that women be given the same rights as what men have, and see what happens. Then see how they react to the notion of complete freedom of religion, along with the complete freedom of speech, so people can speak their minds freely of what they REALLY think about Islam.

If they run you out of Lebanon, we'll see if we can't get you asylum at the American Embassy . . .
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    No offense, but i don't give a **** about islam, nor do
    I wish to spend any of my time learning more about it...
    This is a bodybuilding board... make a post about training,
    nutrition, something... I'm so sick of reading all the posts
    about politics and other bull****...

No offense, but this is the LOUNGE where, as it says, "anything goes."
    Just like when you get tired of watching Lucy re-runs you can change the channel, when you tire of politics, you can switch the thread.

The solutions to life's most aggravating problems are usually very simple . . .

--Tock

No offense, but this is the LOUNGE where, as it says, "anything goes."
    Just like when you get tired of watching Lucy re-runs you can change the channel, when you tire of politics, you can switch the thread.

The solutions to life's most aggravating problems are usually very simple . . .

--Tock
    tock click to enlarge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose-fd8063af.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian
    tock click to enlarge

I wish it was that easy . . .
    But when you're 48 and on PCT, it just don't work that way . . .
    Maybe you have a "special technique" you could show me?
    -Tock

I wish it was that easy . . .
    But when you're 48 and on PCT, it just don't work that way . . .
    Maybe you have a "special technique" you could show me?
    -Tock
    wtf are you saying?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose-flying_no_sense.jpg  

Da Bull is offline Banned
    wtf are you saying?
    LOL...I see Calipso jr is making his way through the lounge...LOL..

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i go POO POO on your thread....

wtf are you saying?

""As my uncle once said, just before they swung the trap, "you can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or try to smarten up a chump."" W.C. Fields

""As my uncle once said, just before they swung the trap, "you can't cheat an honest man, never give a sucker an even break or try to smarten up a chump."" W.C. Fields
    lol ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jihad: Its True Meaning and Purpose-fd967929.jpg  

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Excellent post MG! Keep ones like this coming!

If you dont like this thread, dont read it. A 2 year old could figure that out.

singern is offline Banned

terrorists not Islamic

Assuming that this is true, and we hope that you agree with the wisdom, than you must also agree that the terrorists are not Islamic. And you must also stand firmly and condem all suicide bombings against civilians.
    If this is true than your leader Nasralla must consider you a traitor to your people, since he supports and celebrates the murdorous terror of civilians in Israel.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    If ya don't like the post DO NOT CLICK THE THREAD! what is SO hard to get about that? a few others and i would like to hear what the man has to say.........
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 05-23-2004 at 02:29 PM.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Barbarian, enough is enough. Knock it off. If you dont like this thread, STAY OFF IT.

Cycleon has already warned you in another thread.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Again, what is everyone's problem with this thread? You don't like it, don't read it. MGuy, thank you for the information.

by the way I still find your avatar which glorifies terrorists offensive. I had to shut off the computer when my kidds entered the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Barbarian, enough is enough. Knock it off. If you dont like this thread, STAY OFF IT.

Cycleon has already warned you in another thread.
    yes and ill houner his request....i have personal issues regarding terriosts..i dont wana go into it.....but ill leave it be....

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

No YOU need to learn more about islam - burquas are NOT in islam ANYWHERE

physio_sport is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Assuming that this is true, and we hope that you agree with the wisdom, than you must also agree that the terrorists are not Islamic. And you must also stand firmly and condem all suicide bombings against civilians.
    If this is true than your leader Nasralla must consider you a traitor to your people, since he supports and celebrates the murdorous terror of civilians in Israel.
    every one in israel has to join the israeli millitry once they reach the age of 18+.
    an isreali will serve roughly 3years(men) 2years(women) in the millitry(idf) then after that they are sent home as reserve soldiers.
    so all israelies over the age of 18 are either reserve soldiers or full-time soldiers.

so every one serves in the millitry and ervery one directly or indirectly has helped oppress/occupy in the past/present/future lebanon and palestine.

the international law says as soon as a reserve is not fighting at that time and is wearing civilian clothing that he/she becomes a civilian and remains a civillian until he/she starts fighting again.

these isreali "civilians" that you speak of are only civilians becuase of a technicality in internation law. infact the only real civilians in israel are those from the age of 0-17.

the palistianians and hizbollah(lebanon) consider them to still be soldiers because they are reserve soldiers meaning that if they(hezbollah/hamas) kill the first soldiers(idf) the reserves(idf) are just going to take there place, so thats one of the reasons why they allow suicde-bomings against israelies.

if you look at the statistics between September 29, 2000 to May 20, 2004

the israel millitry has killed at least 571 Palestinian children,
    and the palistinian/hezbollah have killed about 110 Israelis children.

all where under the age of 18 and have become victims of the violence in Israel and the occupied territories.

that means that isreal has killed (roughly)419% more children then
    islamic jihad/al aqsa martyers brigade/hezbollah and hamas put together including techniques such as ambushing and suicide bombings.

www.rememberthesechildren.org

singern i don't see you calling israel terrorists for killing more children then hezbollah so why are you calling hezbollah terrorists. infact hezbollah has killed the least children out of any of these groups.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 05-23-2004 at 04:03 PM.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by physio_sport
    every one in israel has to join the israeli millitry once they reach the age of 18+.
    an isreali will serve roughly 3years(men) 2years(women) in the millitry(idf) then after that they are sent home as reserve soldiers.
    so all israelies over the age of 18 are either reserve soldiers or full-time soldiers.

so every one serves in the millitry and ervery one directly or indirectly has helped oppress/occupy in the past/present/future lebanon and palestine.

the international law says as soon as a reserve is not fighting at that time and is wearing civilian clothing that he/she becomes a civilian and remains a civillian until he/she starts fighting again.

these isreali "civilians" that you speak of are only civilians becuase of a technicality in internation law. infact the only real civilians in israel are those from the age of 0-17.

the palistianians and hizbollah(lebanon) consider them to still be soldiers because they are reserve soldiers meaning that if they(hezbollah/hamas) kill the first soldiers(idf) the reserves(idf) are just going to take there place, so thats one of the reasons why they allow suicde-bomings against israelies.

if you look at the statistics between September 29, 2000 to May 20, 2004

the israel millitry has killed at least 571 Palestinian children,
    and the palistinian/hezbollah have killed about 110 Israelis children.

all where under the age of 18 and have become victims of the violence in Israel and the occupied territories.

that means that isreal has killed (roughly)419% more children then
    islamic jihad/al aqsa martyers brigade/hezbollah and hamas put together including techniques such as ambushing and suicide bombings.

www.rememberthesechildren.org

singern i don't see you calling israel terrorists for killing more children then hezbollah so why are you calling hezbollah terrorists. infact hezbollah has killed the least children out of any of these groups.
    Many, many countres around the world require their citizens to proform military service. Most European countires so. In Israel its not compulsary for females to continue in reserve service after their mandatory service, and religious jews can be excused military service competely. Please got these simply facts right, otherwise people tend to over look the rest of your post.

AZTKWORRIOR is offline New Member
    A new world order where all human beings live in justice and peace. Women are considered human beings under every single society but yours, under Islam look at how they are treated and considered nothing but scum, I know this is not true for non Islamic Arabs so don't go there. Look at history what happened in Spain when Arab people of the Islamic faith were in controll. Peace, Justice :eek no thanks. So your answer for the Palestinian, Israel problem is that all of Israels citizens are fair game to kill but not Palestinian civilians . HMmmmmmmmmmmm sounds to me that what you want is geneocide of the Israel people.
    Last edited by AZTKWORRIOR; 05-23-2004 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Many, many countres around the world require their citizens to proform military service. Most European countires so. In Israel its not compulsary for females to continue in reserve service after their mandatory service, and religious jews can be excused military service competely. Please got these simply facts right, otherwise people tend to over look the rest of your post.
    yes but these many european countries are not occupying other countries.

yeah tru many women don't have to continue serving in the forces but you can't deny that they have served in the forces meaning that the crime has already been commited.

hezbollah don't care if these israeli people are no longer serving in the millitry but they do care that they have served in the millitry.

also you seem to forget that its mainly the religous jews who are forcing/pushing the millitry(idf) into palestine(gaza,westbank) to protect the
    settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by AZTKWORRIOR
    A new world order where all human beings live in justice and peace. Women are considered human beings under every single society but yours, under Islam look at how they are treated and considered nothing but scum, I know this is not true for non Islamic Arabs so don't go there. Look at history what happened in Spain when Arab people of the Islamic faith were in controll. Peace, Justice :eek no thanks. So your answer for the Palestinian, Israel problem is that all of Israels citizens are fair game to kill but not Palestinian civilians . HMmmmmmmmmmmm sounds to me that what you want is geneocide of the Israel people.
    im taking a guess that you talking to me. if not then just ignore this.

what im saying is that isrealies have no right to call the palistinians or hezbollah terrorists when they are also committing crimes on a bigger level.

do i want the geneocide of the isreali people?
    no, what i want is the palastinians to be able to fight back without israel labling them terrorists.
    this is what i don't understand. a hellfire missile contains about 18lbs of weopons grade high explosive and a suicide vest contains about 18-22lbs of poor quality high explosive they both have roughly the same explosive power.
    the israelies have used a few thousand of these hellfire missiles and similar missiles fired from israeli gunships in palastinians streets and the palastinians have used a few hundred suicide vest in isreal.

why are the israelies aloud to use 18lbs of high explosive in palastinian streets filled with people but the palastinians are not alowed to use 18lbs of high explosives in israeli streets?
    Last edited by physio_sport; 05-23-2004 at 05:16 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    close minded are we...lol

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I declare a Jihad and a fatwa to this thread!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    yes but these many european countries are not occupying other countries..
    I remember you saying you were in the UK, meaning that YOUR country is occupying part of MY country. Does that mean you support the IRA's war against the British occupation of Northern Ireland?.

hezbollah don't care if these israeli people are no longer serving in the millitry but they do care that they have served in the millitry...
    Neither do they care for the many thousends of innocents they've murdered.

also you seem to forget that its mainly the religous jews who are forcing/pushing the millitry(idf) into palestine(gaza,westbank) to protect the
    settlements.
    Rak_Ani has covered that one already.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I remember you saying you were in the UK, meaning that YOUR country is occupying part of MY country. Does that mean you support the IRA's war against the British occupation of Northern Ireland?.
    yes i do support the ira/real ira in fact im a major supporter of all freedom fighting groups.

infact i think its perfectly fine for them to kill british troops.
    freedom forces/para-militries have the right to free there country/area/homeland.

since the british population is not trained by the militry like in israel the
    ira/r-ira should restrict there attacks to only militry and goverment targets.

at the end of the day the the british do not live in n.ireland so we should not control them at all or have any say in how there/your part of the country runs.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 05-24-2004 at 06:27 AM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

yeah tru many women don't have to continue serving in the forces but you can't deny that they have served in the forces meaning that the crime has already been commited.

hezbollah don't care if these israeli people are no longer serving in the millitry but they do care that they have served in the millitry.

settlements.
    European countries have been occupying each other for ages..look at the Balkans..

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

settlements.
    European countries have been occupying each other for ages..look at the Balkans..the first half of the 1900's...it goes on and on...also merely serving in the armed forces does not implicate anyone in a crime...jew or not..it is what one does under the banner in which they serve...

physio_sport your logic is F*cked up man

How is blowing up a school bus or Pizza restaurant considered fighting for freedom??? The Hizbula and Palestinian terrorists, directly, intentionally target children women and any breathing person who crosses there path.

Israel has never ever targeted a civilian.
    It is extremely regrettable when a child is hurt, but the fact remains that this one undeniable difference is the line between right and wrong.

Hizbula, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and all the rest are killers, murderers, who kill for the sake of killing. This is infused into the minds of there children from the day they are born, This is also an undeniable fact. And I pray there end is coming soon.

How is blowing up a school bus or Pizza restaurant considered fighting for freedom??? The Hizbula and Palestinian terrorists, directly, intentionally target children women and any breathing person who crosses there path.
    how is occupying and controling another persons land,border and airspace considered acceptable. do you really think that palistinians are going to kiss israel's ass if israel keeps killing them.

Israel has never ever targeted a civilian.
    It is extremely regrettable when a child is hurt, but the fact remains that this one undeniable difference is the line between right and wrong.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120698,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...222713,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...220749,00.html

http://channel4.co.uk/news/2004/05/week_2/18_gaza.html

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/030725/ap/d7sgioi80.html

i can't remember where i saw this number statistic but when i find it i will post it here.
    i think it said that 75% of all palastinians who die at israeli imposed cerfew times are children(basically there killed by isreali soldiers).
    and that 20-22% of all palastinian children that die from idf violence, die becuase of headshot would eaither from isreali soldier or israeli sniper fire.

physio_sport still hav not answered my question

I went through your links, yes they were very unfortunat, yet you still have not showed me that Isreal ever directly targeted civilians.

So I will say again,
    The Hizbula and Palestinian terrorists, directly, intentionally target children women and any breathing person who crosses there path. How do you justifie this. You cannot. Occupation although unfortunate is no excuse for cold blooded murder, terrorism is the cancer of the 21st century.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Ok, after writing this in the wrong thread, I'm moving it to here. First of all, here's the link http://www.ict.org.il/articles/artic...?articleid=440 so you can all go and view the nice colorful pie charts and read the rest. Here are some highlights, physio, pay attention:
    (This is from a year ago, and gives a pretty good idea of percentages)

More meaningful figures show that Israel is responsible for some 733 Palestinian noncombatant deaths, while Palestinians have killed 546 Israeli noncombatants. Over 54 percent of the Palestinians killed were actively involved in fighting – and this does not include stone-throwers or “unknowns”. And Palestinians are directly responsible for the deaths of at least 253 of their own number – more than one out of every eight Palestinians killed.

On the Israeli side, 80 percent of those killed have been noncombatants. While Israelis account for about 27 percent of the total “Intifada” fatalities, they represent over 43 percent of the noncombatant victims.

In absolute terms, even though more Palestinians than Israelis have been killed overall, Israeli female fatalities have far outnumbered Palestinian female fatalities. If we include all reliable reports of women and girls killed in the conflict, the ratio is 219 Israeli females compared to 92 Palestinian females – a ratio of almost 2.5 to 1. If we restrict the comparison to noncombatant Israeli females killed by Palestinians and noncombatant Palestinian females killed by Israel, the difference is even more dramatic: 69 Palestinians compared to 214 Israelis, a ratio of three to one.

A more specific focus on older and younger victims of the conflict further highlights the difference between Palestinian and Israeli noncombatant fatalities. When we compare the “mature” noncombatant Israelis killed by Palestinians to the “mature” Palestinian noncombatants killed by Israel, we see that the Israeli death toll far exceeds the Palestinian. In fact, Palestinians have killed at least 174 noncombatant Israelis aged 45 and over, while Israelis have killed 65 Palestinian noncombatants in the same age bracket. The ratio is 2.7 to 1.

You can read the whole thing and more facts at the link I posted.

So....any comments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information