zx7racing is offline Senior Member

Lightbulb another computer help thread

alright- i have two different mp3 players. both from the same company but one is a newer version. anyhow- when installing the software for the new player- it removes the older version. and the older one will not work on the new software... do any of you heros out there know how to successfully install both versions of the software?????
    i'm running xp home

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Is it just a mp3 not an I pod?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    [QUOTE=zx7racing]alright- i have two different mp3 players. both from the same company but one is a newer version. anyhow- when installing the software for the new player- it removes the older version. and the older one will not work on the new software... do any of you heros out there know how to successfully install both versions of the software?????
    i'm running xp home [/QUOTE

you can try creating two different/separate folders for the different softwares for your two different mp3 players. the new software should however still work for your old mp3 but not necessarily vice versa

its an iriver mp3 player.... ive tried seperate folders, and ive tired right clicking on the old version- protecting it and running it as an admin- but neither has worked???? really starting to piss me off!!!!

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    its an iriver mp3 player.... ive tried seperate folders, and ive tired right clicking on the old version- protecting it and running it as an admin- but neither has worked???? really starting to piss me off!!!!

if that did not work then you gotta ask help from the ar geeks coz that was the only solution i could think of. good luck

Thread Information