x_muscle is offline Junior Member

Saddam Hussein Converts to Christianity in Custody

i was ashamed of being arabic, now im more ashamed for being christian.
    anyway i think its a lie.

TIKRIT, IRAQ – In another shocking development in the unfolding story of Saddam Hussein's capture, sources in Iraq have informed The Holy Observer that the former Iraqi dictator converted to Christianity shortly after being taken into custody.

Numerous accounts of the raid that led to Hussein's capture corroborate the story that upon being removed from the "spider hole" in which he was hiding, Hussein spotted a WWJD bracelet on the wrist of a 4th Infantry Division soldier and began pointing at it and yelling excitedly. Witnesses relate that the soldier then walked Hussein through the four spiritual laws with the help of an interpreter and a pocket-sized Arabic translation of the New Testament on the way to the undisclosed location where Hussein is being interrogated.

Sources tell THO that Hussein then prayed the prayer of salvation and related to the soldier that he first became interested in Christianity when members of his regime presented him with materials being circulated by Southern Baptist missionaries who were expelled from the country for proselytizing. The materials were specifically targeted to Muslim men, and they explained the many similarities between the Southern Baptist and Muslim views on the role of women, abortion, homosexuality and other social issues. Sources say Hussein was fascinated by these materials, and expressed interest in becoming a member of the Southern Baptist Convention.

In a statement released by Southern Baptist Convention Executive Committee Chairman Gary A. Smith, Southern Baptist leaders expressed solidarity with Hussein and called for the fallen despot's immediate release.

This is a man who has asked for God's forgiveness for his sins," Smith said in the statement. "We know that his transgressions are many, but let he who has no sin cast the first stone…we look forward to welcoming Saddam Hussein into the Southern Baptist fold."

While it did express concern over the fact that Hussein's conversion did not happen with the use of a King James Version of the Bible, the statement goes on to say how effective a repentant Hussein could be as a coordinator of missions in the Middle East.

"We believe that, as a Christian, Saddam Hussein would have the visibility and the knowledge to impact the Middle East for Christ in a way that has not happened since the crusades," Smith said. "Let's not forget that the Apostle Paul was a despicable persecutor of Christians before his conversion. The good that Saddam could do would outweigh the evil deeds he has committed, and that is why we are calling for his immediate and unconditional release."

But some international religious leaders are not quite so optimistic about the sincerity of Hussein's conversion.

"I think this is a pretty obvious public relations ploy by Hussein," said Robert Holmes, president of the Center for the Study of World Religion – a London-based religion think tank. "He has a history of doing whatever is necessary to survive, and he thinks that he can endear himself to Americans by converting to the predominant American religion. What he doesn't understand in this case is that becoming a Southern Baptist will actually win him very few friends. He would have been better off converting to Scientology."

U.S. defense officials would not comment on the validity of the conversion story, but a senior Pentagon official did confirm to THO that Hussein has been wearing a t-shirt that says "My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter" while in custody.

http://www.holyobserver.com/detail.p...i07&art=saddam

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Just a plea for Saddam to get released so he can go out and plot how he is going to get revenge on us. The muslim religion is based on lies IMO, so it would fit right in. Sorry if I offend anyone.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Great News, hope that it is true fo his sake.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Yeah Right!!!!!!!!!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    you doofus - that is a spoof site... no truth in it - whole site is fantasy news

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Was.............that................a............. ...joke? Lmfao!!

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    you doofus - that is a spoof site... no truth in it - whole site is fantasy news
    and we live in a fantasy world.

but look at the bright side Michel Jackson converted to Islam

Quote Originally Posted by x_muscle

True - not much different than the New York Times if you think about it

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Very doubtful on all that stuff.

http://www.holyobserver.com/detail.p...2i01&art=kerry

this one where Kerry is going to start a new prochoice catholic church is pretty funny tho

Kerry Vows to Start New, Pro-Choice Catholic Church
    New Cabinet Position Would Be Created to Head the Socially Progressive Church

WASHINGTON, D.C. – In a bold response to criticism from the Vatican and other high-ranking Catholic officials for his pro-abortion views, presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee John Kerry has vowed to create a new Catholic church that would be pro-choice and run by the U.S. government if he is elected president in November.

"It's about time that forward thinking Catholics in this country had a church that is aligned with their progressive political views," Kerry said in a recent press conference. "And that is exactly what I will create when I'm elected president of the United States in November."

The announcement launched a flurry of questions from stunned reporters in attendance about the structure and beliefs of Kerry's proposed church.

"This church will be a part of the United States government, and the head of it will be a new cabinet member – the Secretary of American Catholicism," Kerry said. "We're haven't really started working through a lot of the theological stuff, but we are committed to the concept that progressive views on abortion, divorce, homosexuality, the role of women in ministry, and various other social issues should never come between Americans and their religious beliefs."

When asked about the apparent violation such a church would be of the separation of church and state outlined in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution, Kerry, who has been critical of President Bush's Faith Based Initiatives, seemed confident in the constitutionality of his proposal.

"As I understand it, the Establishment Clause is really concerned about keeping the church from having undue influence on the government," Kerry said. "What we're proposing is a scenario where the government has complete control over the church, so everybody wins."

The response from the Vatican has been somewhat predictable.

"This is like landing on the 'Get Yourself Excommunicated' space on the Monopoly board of life. Do not pass the offering plate. Do not collect communion," said Francis Arinze, a cardinal at the Vatican who has already called for Kerry and other pro-abortion politicians to be denied communion by their local parishes. "No amount of Hail Mary's or Our Father's is gonna get him out of this one."

Early speculation has been that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-California), a Catholic who has spoken out about her belief that pro-choice Catholics should never be denied the Eucharist, would be tapped to head up the new church.

"I would be honored to be the first Secretary of American Catholicism," Pelosi told THO in a phone interview from her San Fransico home. "But whether I am or not, I am thrilled at the idea of having a Catholic church that doesn't shun its members who speak out about their political beliefs simply because those beliefs just happen to be antithetical to the fundamental teachings of the church."

Politicians don't seem to know how to respond to Kerry's announcement. Democrats have been mum, while Republicans have expressed themselves in tones of restrained jubilation.

"I'm going to be having a meeting with Mr. Kerry about this," said Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe. "Until that happens, I have no comment."

"Wow, this is the best news since we found out that Kitty Dukakis drinks rubbing alcohol for kicks," said a high-ranking Republican, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "I think John Kerry has about as good of a chance of starting his own state-sponsored church as he does of getting elected."

Kerry seems unfazed by the negative response to his proposal.

"Religion is the one part of Americans' lives in which government has not yet become intimately involved," Kerry told reporters. "I intend to change that."

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    T-shirt "my boss is a Jewish Carpenter" that's when it almost made my piss my pants! That demon would never convert nor wear a shirt like that.

I for one would wear a shirt like that with pride.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    but look at the bright side Michel Jackson converted to Islam
    Does'nt islam have enough wackos? now the jackson family?! all is lost!.............all is lost!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member

. . . and with fantasy religions . . .

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    thats funny...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Well if it were true..it would just the world on an even keel..every inner-city crack head and ghetto rat that does a spin in jail converts to islam...so why not the other way around?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Oh well, whats next?
    Bush converting to Islam

decadbal is offline Banned
    i dont think that jesus could forgive him..... atleast i hope not.

Thread Information