RageControl is offline Senior Member

Ever see this happen at the gym?

Today im standing near some kid doing some INTENSE incline pressing with some huge 60 pound dumbells. After about about 6 - 8 reps of grueling work he was just too exhausted to gently place the dumbells down. Instead he decides to slam them down on the ground but to all of our dismay he neglected to remember where he put his water bottle. Well as the dumbell came crashing down on the rather large poland spring bottle a wall of water engulfed the poor F'r on the bench next to him completely soaking his grey shorts and white t-shirt. That had to be the funniest **** thing i have seen in a while. those wacky newbies and there wild antics gotta love it.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    lol i never seen that, but wish i did

decadbal is offline Banned
    ive seen that... always funny, long as i dont get wet, bc then id be pissed

DoctaBig is offline Member
    lol kinda related. My lifting partner always puts his notebook and pen under the bench we're using. We'll one day i was doing a set and had a really bad shoulder dislocation during a rep and there was no stoping the 90lb weight from crashing to the floor....only to land on my buddies brand new pen and blow it to pieces. I guess you kinda had to be there, but everyone around kinda snickered under their breath (my lifting partner is one of the biggest guys in the gym...prolly wouldnt want to laugh right at him).
    Even better though was like a week later i was doing the exact same excercise and had the exact same shoulder problem....yep...blew out another pen. now at least he knows better

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    lesson of the day , dropping dumbells on stuff = funny

alphamedic is offline Associate Member
    well...that is good...I had something funny(well at the time not funny).....happen...I went to try out a new gym the other day....my lifting partner was not there....it was chest day and I REALLY wanted to get a good workout in...so I did my 3 sets of 10 on the incline....with the 90's......I went right over to the flat bench and started barbell bench.....I did 8 reps with about 235 ok for the first two sets....I wanted to go to failure and get a few more after that on the 3rd set...so I asked this dude...mid 20's ...average build...to spot me...explained I would get the first 8 by myself...then would like minimal help on the last 2....well....on the 10th rep...I was spent....and he couldn't get it up to rack it...we were fighting for 5 seconds or so..(seemed like forever)...finally he got it to the safety rods...one on the first and one on the second level.....he felt very bad....I had to snake out from under it....i told him not to worry.....i should have just been happy with the 9....peace

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i would have been pissed if i was the guy in the bench!

Dee-termined is offline Associate Member
    I watched a guy doing Lat pulldowns with some large weight when the cable snapped, not really all that funny but I haven't seen anything that unexpected happen again at a gym. He wasn't that badly hurt, he was bleeding from his head but alittle first aid cleaned him up alright.

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    i was doing some sit ups on a machine today and the ****in thing broke on me i was laying on my back on the floor and everyones lookin at me like i just had a stroke or some thing...

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    when i first sstarted working out, i tried removing the weights from the squat rack, i removed just on one side and the bar came crashing through the mirror. luckily i was not hurt. we were all newbies once remember

Thread Information