haaaaaf is offline Junior Member
    Well me and a friend of mine have that exact same problem. Preacher curls hurt like a mofo. Id like to hear some opinions on this.

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    YEah i hate that i get that pain. It sux.

-Sean

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    warm up your wrists, and do some light sets first

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    It is the tendon tearing away from the forearm...it is inevitable as you increase your curling weight. It helps to slowly release the bar after you do a curl set. Like whitey said make sure you warm up first with light weight...and also make sure you're keeping your forearm muscles strong as well...don't build the bi's disproportionately.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the some problem a while back i just kept one working out and it went away, but i wouldnt suggest doing that b/c it might get worse. My friend had the same problem and he had to take a few days off from the gym for it to heal.

decadbal is offline Banned
    take some deca , that will fix it...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you checked your foot positioning? How's your breathing?

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    I used to have that same problem back in high school from curls. Our team's trainer told me it was basically like shin splints, but in your forearms. He said to warm up extremely well and to stretch your forearms before and after working out. Releasing the bar slowly after a set like Hooligan said works for me also.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i just stick to dumbells....

jerseykid23 is offline Junior Member
    I have/had that problem. I took a week off (although I really hated doing it) and took some Aspirin each day... seemed to make it better. It certaintly helped... but the pain is there on heavy barbell curls.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to get that right near the elbow...hurt like a bitch...

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I started a thread on this a few months ago and put my doctors prognosis in it, it is tendonitis.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Doc's answer to forearm pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for those of you who were interested in hearing my physician's take on forearm pain we discussed last week. Quick recap, pain in the mid forearm region on outside of arm against bone, tweaks during bicep curls etc. My doc looked at it and felt around the regions and was able to tell me that it was the onset of tendonitis due to overworking the muscle group. He also was able to tell me that my AS use makes the problem get worse quicker as well b/c 1. the connective tissue isn't keeping up with the growth rate of the muscle, and 2. due to the ability to recover quickly and increase weight constantly, the area is getting worked more often and harder every time which causes the pain to get worse each time. Maybe Doc M could elaborate on this comment, but my doc was feeling around my outer forearm between my wrist and elbow and said he was able to "palpitate" the tissue, basically he could feel the swollen tissue and move it around. To alleviate the pain he said ice and anti-inflammatories and time off, but he said "you probably wont take time off" so lighten the weight significantly and shoot for more repetition based sets.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    I have had the same problem. I swtiched to d-bell only for about a month and it helped allot. Aslo....try not to grip the bar so tight. That really helps allot. Or at least it did me.

Thread Information