Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    doby48 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan
    I think anyone would pull aside a woman in business attire. Esp. if it consisted of skirt suit, high heels, hair up, and glasses. Maybe I'm getting my naughty school teacher fantasies mixed in there too but...ahhh nm off topic

"Yes...say no to profiling"
    Yeah but apparently only if the woman has a tan though!
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Right. But they ain't Muslim, buddy. They are bible-thumpers.
    If you aint muslim, you aint shiite.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    If you aint muslim, you aint shiite.
    Peace out to all da Muslim brothas!

*Carlos _E holds up M gang sign*

Superhuman is offline Banned
    MAN **** those cock suckers. They can all go to hell. Kill them all - men, women, and children - even their dogs and cats!

...this kind of stuff just pisses me off.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    MAN **** those cock suckers. They can all go to hell. Kill them all - men, women, and children - even their dogs and cats!

...this kind of stuff just pisses me off.
    Wait a sec are'nt you a christian? guess you backslid.

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    They don't profile at the airport by race. Its cute that you think that they are profiling you because of your tan, but it simply isnt true.
    They do profile at airports. I took a trip to visit some family and had to buy a one-way ticket to get home because I rode with some people who stayed. I was singled out for a full search. They took apart all of my bags, made me take off my shoes, socks, almost everything. At every checkpoint on the trip I was checked twice as much as everyone else. When I checked in, I was told by a worker that they do this to every male who is single and is travelling one-way, aka profiling. I don't think its a bad thing at all. It is necessary.

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    Oh, I forgot to add the important part, the worker told me it was males who were single, travelling one-way, and who are dark skinned. I was very tan at the time, so I dunno.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Man some of you people come up with some goofy stuff.

Profiling, of any kind (racial, gender, marital, etc, ect) is a statistical technique.....no more, no less. It is an inherently good thing.

A probablistic model is developed with a specific objective and weighted criteria. Randomness is an extremely important factor and many people seem not to give this factor enough credit or even acknowledge that it is there. If profiling was deterministic it simply would not work. Thank goodness people with deeper plans than 'search all persons of Arabic descent' are the ones developing these systems. Yes, if you appear to be of middle eastern descent and (worse?) are a passport holder of a ME country there is a significantly higher probability that you would be screened out via profiling in an airport security counter terrorsim model (no sh*t).

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    profiling works both ways...you can say 90% of crimes are comited by blacks because 9 out of 10 arrests were black...you can also say that 9 out of 10 people arrested were black because 90% of people stoped and questioned were black aka profiling.

which way is right??? we will never know

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    ps...blacks were just used as an example...same can be said for any race, gender, or creed

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    I'm all for profiling, statisitics don't lie, however....Profiling gone bad: Last September, Sept. 11th to be exact was my move in date. My roommate (who is unmistakeably arab) and I (1/2 Lebanese) joked that we would be pulled over for driving a Uhaul truck on Sept. 11th. We drove seperate, but he was driving with another arab and a black dude. He was pulled over and searched for NOT HAVING A FRONT LICENSE PLATE.

One thing led to another and he is getting his shoes searched for bombs (wtf??) as well as all of his belongings he was moving. Eventually he was arrested and charged with (no lie) over-due library books (which they called the library to see if they were stolen), over-due movie rentals (called Blockbuster to see if they were stolen), unpaid ticket, no front license plate, seat belt, and a few other bullsh!t chargers. Most of the chargers were dropped in court.
    Last edited by DNoMac; 05-27-2004 at 03:33 PM.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    the reason they profile is that middle eastern people have big noses and its easier to spot them in their profile

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    I'm all for profiling, statisitics don't lie, however....Profiling gone bad: Last September, Sept. 11th to be exact was my move in date. My roommate (who is unmistakeably arab) and I (1/2 Lebanese) joked that we would be pulled over for driving a Uhaul truck on Sept. 11th. We drove seperate, but he was driving with another arab and a black dude. He was pulled over and searched for NOT HAVING A FRONT LICENSE PLATE.

One thing led to another and he is getting his shoes searched for bombs (wtf??) as well as all of his belongings he was moving. Eventually he was arrested and charged with (no lie) over-due library books (which they called the library to see if they were stolen), over-due movie rentals (called Blockbuster to see if they were stolen), unpaid ticket, no front license plate, seat belt, and a few other bullsh!t chargers. Most of the chargers were dropped in court.
    Damm your boy is lucky he did'nt end up one of those post-9-11 detension centers.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You know what I think? I think we should just round up everyone who looks arab, has an arab name, has spoken to an arab, seen an arab, or thought about an arab. We should put them in an internment camp, and leave them there to rot.

Because everyone who is from that part of the world is a piece of ****, hates America, and is the basis for all of our problems.

All muslims are terrorists, all evil comes from the arab world.

You can't trust dirty sand niggers anyway, so let's just blow them all the **** up.

Jews and blacks are next.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree with the guys that say profiling happens at airports, but not for the reasons most people think... I travel a LOT for work. I am a single 20 something white male... not the typical race for international terrorism right now.

But, I fly one way a lot, on a very active passport, making trips overseas for a day or two then coming home. I buy tickets fully refundable on short notice. All of these things make the computer automatically flag my tickets with big "SSSSSS" along the bottom, which means I get to go thru secondary screening. It happens every time I fly. Some of the places I fly to on a regular basis, as well as the commuter terminal here in San Diego know me by name since they get to probe me every time.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    You know what I think? I think we should just round up everyone who looks arab, has an arab name, has spoken to an arab, seen an arab, or thought about an arab. We should put them in an internment camp, and leave them there to rot.

Because everyone who is from that part of the world is a piece of ****, hates America, and is the basis for all of our problems.

You can't trust dirty sand niggers anyway, so let's just blow them all the **** up.

LMFAO

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    they are anti american scum
    tim mcveigh served in the military....have you? he has more patriotism than alot of ppl on this board, he simply felt that babykillers should be treated like the fetus.. not saying i agree with what he did, or would advocate it, he just was an extremist, like all terrorists.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the bottom line about profiling is this, whatever case may be, drive bys, robberies, a plane into a tower, we can either bitch and cry about the innocent ppl killed by a race or creed, or slowly weed thru ppl of that culture and provide safty to americans of all races and creeds, im for all ppl being safe, one culture isnt bad, just has a few who ruin it for the rest of them.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy34
    They do profile at airports. I took a trip to visit some family and had to buy a one-way ticket to get home because I rode with some people who stayed. I was singled out for a full search. They took apart all of my bags, made me take off my shoes, socks, almost everything. At every checkpoint on the trip I was checked twice as much as everyone else. When I checked in, I was told by a worker that they do this to every male who is single and is travelling one-way, aka profiling. I don't think its a bad thing at all. It is necessary.

You didnt mention race.

I repeat, they do not profile by race or ethnicity. Period. They do profile using many other criteria, but not race. I said already, if you are travelling from, or are a citizen of a less-than-moderate Arab country, you will be screened. This may be taken as racial profiling.

If he honestly included the dark skin comment, he was an imbecile.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    you know there is profiling going on at airports. next time you go through look at the people they pull to the side. they pull every middle eastern person to the side and right after they do then they have to seem unbiased so they immediately pull an old lady or someone like that aside. I'm not saying its right or wrong, considering how many of the people that have hijacked planes are of arab decent but i'm sure its happening. When I don't have a tan and I'm dressed in business clothes i am not usually checked... unless they just like to check a female with a good tan, then thats profiling too!

They do not pull every M-eastern person aside. Just ones that meet the criteria.

There is no bias. Security personnel have no say in the secondary screening process. It is an airline policy that uses various criteria, none of which includes race or ethnicity.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I didn't hear the sarcasim in your voice at first. ****, I almost nominated you for president.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information