Fooboy is offline Associate Member

Angry The Hell With Fry's!

Hello All!
    Many of you guys have probably heard of Fry's Electronics. I purchased one of their company built computers and it totally fried out on me...conveniently one month after the warranty. I just wanted to state that their service department is ARROGANT and CONDESCENDING! I will go to the store tomorrow and negotiate with the service manager there. As for now, I CALL FOR A BOYCOTT ON ALL FRY'S ELECTRONICS PURCHASES!!!!! As you all know, the United States consumer industry is based on SERVICE. If you get bad service, the corporation pays for it. So Please, DO NOT PURCHASE FROM FRY'S! Thank You.

Foobs

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    luckily, we dont have fry's here in the midwest...i feel your pain.
    -Cy

lucky you

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have the ability you could build one yourself with the many componets they sell at Frys.

Yeah, I just bought all the parts/programs I wanted and put together my own 'puter. Save some money that way too.

LM1332 Guest
    not really the computer that i wanted if bought by pieces costs twice as much as all ready prepackaged all i have to do switch VID CARDS and RAM and still costs twice as cheap

Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    not really the computer that i wanted if bought by pieces costs twice as much as all ready prepackaged all i have to do switch VID CARDS and RAM and still costs twice as cheap
    Then you don't know where to buy your parts

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
    Then you don't know where to buy your parts
    Yep. Try to use www.newegg.com

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Fry's is legendary for their crappy customer service. If you know what you want, don't mind putting up with the crazy policies, it's not bad.

I always just blow right past the "final anal probe" at the door as you leave. It's funny to hear them go "Uh, sir... sir!" as I just walk out.

Here's a Fry's employment application....
    http://braith.best.vwh.net/frys.htm

And a whole web site about how bad they suck.
    http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592/frys.html

Hello all,
    I went in to talk to the service manager and sent a letter to Randy Fry with a SERIOUS letter of complaint. The service manager is willing to reassemble and upgrade my system to today's standards - all free of charge. A word of advice: the consumer surveys work AND mention that you WILL post bad reviews on every major forum known to man. So it all came out better than I had expected. But I have an Alienware Area-51 now and the service and product is IMPECCABLE (sp?). I love it. The price was way high and it is a rip off but, in my opinion, it's worth it. 'course, my credit card bill is sooo in the red. but whatever, i have an alien in my living room now. i love it! thanks for all of the input!

foobs

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    never heard of fry's

Thread Information