peregrine is offline Junior Member

getting wisdom teeth pulled while on a cycle......

any anesthetics or locals that i should watch out for? i started a dbol -test cycle almost two weeks ago and im concerned of drug interactions. im pretty nervous as ive never gone in for surgery or anything like that before. is it a simple procedure? its my upper right tooth. i was eating and about a 1/3 of the tooth broke off. it doesnt hurt but it definitely needs to come out. thanks in advance for any info.

decadbal is offline Banned
    tel your dr..... and search the sites for someone with similar exp.. good luck

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    i'd stop the stack. not with respect to anesthetics but when i got mine yanked out i could hardly eat, extremely painful and hard for the sutures to heal. expect to be taking at least 3-7 days off from the gym. i guess it depends on the person but it is a painful experience and IMO would hurt your cycle in terms of gains.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear that floyd but i bet yours were impacted. mine were not impacted and i was ready to rip that night. no pain. but i do have an extremely high tolerance to pain. do a search on the net for drug interactions.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    That sucks, let us know how it goes. I was planning on keeping my wisdom tooth, but my friend and I got into a fight htis weekend (with eachother) and my far back upper wisdom tooth got broken in half. Still have the front half, but the back is gone, cold foods hurt like a bitch. Does anyone know, are there any places still doing studies involving wisdom tooth removal, cause I cannot afford ti otherwise.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Here's my take...if you're going to go in and get them checked now, tell the Doc. He needs to know. I'm not too sure about the specific drug interactions, but you may bleed a little more while on cycle...this may or may not be a prob. Plus, if your BP is high b/c of it - the doc may not want to do anything until it goes back down.

Just be honest with him and see what he thinks.

And i agree with whoever said it before...expect to take anywhere from 3-7 days...maybe more, depending on certain things (whether it has to be a surgical extraction, how easily the tooth comes out, the location of the roots in relation to things like your sinus, etc etc etc).

and football bill...if you need to get 'em out, and you're in CT, go to a dental school. UConn or just drive up to Boston and go to BU, Tufts or Harvard's clinics. Definitely reduced pricing, to say the least. You'll need to get it taken care of before it gets any worse IMO.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    All good advice there, I'd also drop the cycle if I was at the begining, its no big deal. You'll most like bleed some more, plus steroids can reduce healing time. I've had surgery while on a cycle, didn't bother telling the doc, lol. If their putting you sleep they'll take your BP etc before hand.

Oh, and sorry to hear about the tooth.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    CB25, thanks for the info, I will have to look into UCONN, never even thought of that. I wanted to keep these teeth, dentist said I had enough room, but not with only half. rather take it out than have yet another fake half a tooth. Got enough of those!

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    alright fellas, heres an update. everything went real smooth. the actual procedure only took about 10 minutes. it was sort of painful but not too bad. turns out my wisdom tooth was rotten as hell (yes i brush and floss) so it basically came apart on its own. i talked to the surgeon about drug interactions and he said it would be fine and was super interested in knowing how steroids build muscle and affect my attitude and all that. pretty cool guy. anyways, all is good go about your business

Thread Information