View Poll Results: What were you in High School and College?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • High School and College Jock

58 30.69%
  • High School Jock and College Nerd

18 9.52%
  • High School Jock only

41 21.69%
  • High School and College Nerd

26 13.76%
  • Pro Athlete

2 1.06%
  • None of the above, I'm a dopehead

44 23.28%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    Most jocks were the popular concieded types. I was a jock because I played three sports, but was not one of the popular group. I didn't like them, never fit in with the pretty boys. I had my crew on and off the field, didn't need anyone else.

Now out of school I still play football, but go ahead and call me a nerd. I am the "IT Guy" and it more than pays the bills
    Last edited by Football_Bill; 09-16-2003 at 08:39 AM.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    I didn't really fit in to any of the categories... first of all, I went to high school in CA's Mendocino county, which is like liberal hippie central (which explains a lot about my views). People there are very tolerant of others, so you don't get that usual Jocks vs. Nerds BS. It happened, but not nearly as bad as I have heard in other places.

Anyway, I was in the band, and the state winning choir (Sang alongside what would become the lead singer for AFI). But at the same time ran cross country and played Hockey down in Santa Rosa (the hour long drive each way was a bitch, but Hockey was an addiction back then). My other elective class was Stage Tech, I was always good at handling lots of things at once, and dealing with the unexpected, so I was Stage Manager for every single one of the plays my HS did while I went there.

My personality is very likeable, so I ended up being the guy that could move between the groups with ease, and fix problems that came up, things like that. That skill goes on today, I am very diplomatic and can get people to calm down and deal with the problem at hand instead of just getting mad and frustrated.

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Am I the only one on this site who never really went to high school? I guess you can say my high school years went up in smoke... I remember meeting up with my friends at school in the morning and leaving for the day, maybe its because I was less than 5 minutes from harvard and theres always some crazy people up there

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i skateboarded and snowboarded every day, hated jocks but still lifted lol. oh yeah girls didnt like me i think, but who knows, i think it was cause i wasnt a jock

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I always hung out with the cool kids but never was one.. i played some football so im considered a jock by law.. ih college tho im a complete nerd..

Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member
    Cross-Country Runner (People just assume you're a bitch when you run cross country.)
    Wrestling Cpt. (....and then you lift someone twice your weight like nothing and drop him on his head in the cafeteria.)

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    ~ i played three varsity sports all threw high school, got a full ride to college and then torn my acl ~ I was very athletic in HS but was still able to remain the girlie girl that i am ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

spun what did you play **** your more atlethic them me...

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    spun what did you play **** your more atlethic them me...

~ Field Hockey, Track, softball~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

rrrrrrrrrrr i love women that can beat me up in a fist fight..

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    my group of friends always said to people that i was sweet, shy and kind. then there was everyone else who looked at me as a hardass. go figure

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    definately the jock...a smart one tho

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    girlie girl................got to love that

Quote Originally Posted by SpunHoney
    ~ i played three varsity sports all threw high school, got a full ride to college and then torn my acl ~ I was very athletic in HS but was still able to remain the girlie girl that i am ~
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

allsaucedup is offline Member
    played football and basketball i highschool then played basketball in college, was pretty shy untill my senior year of high school, then i got a girlfriend and got some. have been wild ever since.

mike4820 is offline New Member
    I was the leather jacket long hair, sh*&$t kicker boots, pot head that sat in the back. Still friends with all the jockets and nerds. Probably becasue I was their hookup. I think the worse part is I was so F&*#$p up during that four years I don't remember much of anything. kind of sad

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    HS Football Jock, Friends with ALL types, nerds, band geeks, Stoners loved me cuz I'd get high with them before spanish class 1st period. Went to a very well known HS that currently has a LOOOOONG winning streak and is #1 in the nation. Went on to 4yr of college ball and I keep getting better looking with every year. Can't wait to get to my 20th reunion this year and see all the bro's and show them how taking care of oneself makes a difference. Not all the cool jocks go downhill after HS! OK enough of the conceited crap, sorry.

CutieFace Guest
    I actually had friends in just about every social status clique there was....while in HS I was attending HS 1/2 of the day and nursing school the other 1/2.....I had a very busy schedule.....

Cutie

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Bump for nurses... hey cutie...........

is it true that nurses like to play doctor???

Quote Originally Posted by CutieFace
    I actually had friends in just about every social status clique there was....while in HS I was attending HS 1/2 of the day and nursing school the other 1/2.....I had a very busy schedule.....

Cutie
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

slamd097 is offline Banned
    well, I was the one guy that was a freak!..I mean I always wore Black, never really did a lot of socializing with the in crowd. I had my own crowd to hang with. Never did any pot, cock, or any of that type of stuff, (or gear for that matter), didn't smoke, drink...but I did freak alot of people out. They thought I was a satan worshiper, and would come and cut thier heart out if they pissed me off!!..lol

and until they find the bodies...I was a perfect person!!!

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    I was a serious looser. Acne faced, no friends, picked on by the "cool" people. I hated highschool. Gym was the exception cuz the guys couldn't stand that the dork beat them at everthing... probably didn't help my situation much though. I didn't come out of my shell really until about 21. I met a new group of friends, started working out, girls noticed me, started modeling too. Now I am blessed with lots of great friends, I date beautiful girls, and life generally is good.

From geek to sheik!

Nixter.

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    only jockes ners dope heads and pro athletes eh...

I was a labeled a dirtbag metal head derilict growin up, untill I was like a soph in HS. Went out for football and ended up startin all 3 years and goin to college. Then the snotty girls all of a sudden became my friends and everything got weird. Always hung out with the same crowd though. Hung out with kids who skated, BMXed, MXed, liked similar music, were in bands. Guess the hardcore/metal/punk kids that werent fools looking for acceptance.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i was the smart nice guy that always get 90-100 in math and physics.. and i was skinny and hated

Linebacker is offline New Member
    I'm a junior in high school right now... people think of me as a football jock, but 2 years ago I was 6'2 150lbs, I was scrawny and I got picked on all the time. I decided to change my life and hopefull I will me an All-Colorado Linebacker next year. I have sympathy for the guys that are like I was, but I still pick on freshmen and dopers cometimes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information