Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 147mph

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    DD u kill me bro...
    You would win 4 sure...in a race to see who could bring home the most groceries :P lol....just messin bro....but u know me
    i dont know about that, i got a hatchback with no back seats. i can fit like 10 full size tires in the back of that bitch lol

EDIT: second page own3d

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    i dont know about that, i got a hatchback with no back seats. i can fit like 10 full size tires in the back of that bitch lol

EDIT: second page own3d
    U also crack me up..
    I have an 88 Sierra with a balanced and blueprinted 400 hp SB....
    I also can haul ass/groceries lol...

Again...the Golf is a tight car...

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    U also crack me up..
    I have an 88 Sierra with a balanced and blueprinted 400 hp SB....
    I also can haul ass/groceries lol...

Again...the Golf is a tight car...
    an 88 sierra with 400hp.... oh my

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    an 88 sierra with 400hp.... oh my
    what are u trying to say?

Im saying id love to pick groceries up in it while i rape vetts

Im saying id love to pick groceries up in it while i rape vetts
    Ahhhh....i see...
    I was just curious....some of the rice boys like to make fun...
    Good to see that you're not one of them

EDIT: My buddy with a R6 pokes fun....then I tell him that I can fit that many more ladies in the back
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 06-06-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Ahhhh....i see...
    I was just curious....some of the rice boys like to make fun...
    Good to see that you're not one of them
    no not at all. BTW im not a rice boy. My car is german hence it burns kraut

no not at all. BTW im not a rice boy. My car is german hence it burns kraut
    LMAO...
    I never knew what u drove....thought u had a crotcher.....

yeah we're not ricers, we drive kraut mobiles. only german engineering in my driveway unless its a truck, then ill buy american. but im not one of them dicks that doesnt give respect to a fast car. if its fast, ill respect it, no matter what make

3vil3lmo is offline Junior Member
    Keep this kinda stuff on the track, on roads. You might be safe in your roll cage, but how about the person who pulls out as you turn the corner? Or the person who you dont see?
    Mate, you can kill people doing dumb**** like that.
    Keep it on the track. Hell, I own a 12 second drag and a V8 quad turbo viper, but I stick to the speed limit on the roads.

but im not one of them dicks that doesnt give respect to a fast car. if its fast, ill respect it, no matter what make
    A man like myself...much respect for u both .

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by 3vil3lmo
    Keep this kinda stuff on the track, on roads. You might be safe in your roll cage, but how about the person who pulls out as you turn the corner? Or the person who you dont see?
    Keep it on the track. Hell, I own a 12 second drag and a V8 quad turbo viper, but I stick to the speed limit on the roads.

arent vipers v-10

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    arent vipers v-10
    Yes, they are...
    However, I have seen a few 426 swap-overs lately..

Yes, they are...
    However, I have seen a few 426 swap-overs lately..
    ive never seen one or know anyone thats done that conversion. performance wise is it better than the 10's?

first off reread what i said, no one could pull out in front of me, i was on a highway, so no intersections. second it was 330 am, and there was not one person on the road we did this speed at. im not a idiot, i wouldnt do 50 down some residential road let alone 147 on a road where some smuck can pull out in front of me.

a lady did pull out infront of me on one of my old bikes and from shear divine intervention i hit the car, didnt drop the bike and just bounced off hit the brakes and stoped, put out my kick stand and got my information out of my bike and told the f-cker she was gonna pay for being so dumb, now break out the insurance papers. i was completly unscathed or fazed

and vipers are v10 mate, so unless your talking about another viper go learn what kind of car your driving. and another thing 12 seconds isnt fast cause i have a 12 second VW kraut mobile. my friends 7 second honda is fast, not my 12 second vw
    Last edited by jcstomper; 06-07-2004 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    ive never seen one or know anyone thats done that conversion. performance wise is it better than the 10's?
    It all depends on the mods....
    I have seen a twin turbo Viper V10 produce ovre 1000hp at the crank...
    And I have seen many Elephants engines (426+ ci Hemis) produce well over that as well...
    Depends on what you are looking for, and the $ you wanna spend.

first off reread what i said, no one could pull out in front of me, i was on a highway, so no intersections. second it was 330 am, and there was not one person on the road we did this speed at. im not a idiot, i wouldnt do 50 down some residential road let alone 147 on a road where some smuck can pull out in front of me.

a lady did pull out infront of me on one of my old bikes and from shear divine intervention i hit the car, didnt drop the bike and just bounced off hit the brakes and stoped, put out my kick stand and got my information out of my bike and told the f-cker she was gonna pay for being so dumb, now break out the insurance papers. i was completly unscathed or fazed

and vipers are v10 mate, so unless your talking about another viper go learn what kind of car your driving. and another thing 12 seconds isnt fast cause i have a 12 second VW kraut mobile. my friends 7 second honda is fast, not my 12 second vw
    Thanks, saved me a lot of writing .

Thanks, saved me a lot of writing .
    any time lol

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Fastest I've ever been in a car was 178mph. It was my buddies Porsche "RUF" Twin turbo. It was on the cover of Road and track as the worlds fastest car. Nothing could touch that car. Top speed 212mph. It could take the Henessey Viper 800hp. I had my buddy drive my Dinan M3 and he hit 160 with room to go. Noway in hell i'd drive that fast.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    12 sec quad turbo ? lol doesnt the viper alone do like 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    12 sec quad turbo ? lol doesnt the viper alone do like 11?
    He said he owns a 12 sec drag, AND a quad turbo....

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Fella i know from the local streets chevelle runs 9.20's at 143 in the 1/4 on DOT tires and pump gas (won pump gas drags) big block with small hit of gas 100- 125 shot.
    now thats a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    Fella i know from the local streets chevelle runs 9.20's at 143 in the 1/4 on DOT tires and pump gas (won pump gas drags) big block with small hit of gas 100- 125 shot.
    now thats a ride!
    He runs juice on pump? What is his CR?

He runs juice on pump? What is his CR?
    i wouldnt mind knowing also. when im at the track i run 112 leaded. and when im lucky i head up to this sunoco like 10 miles away and fill up with cam2 110 leaded just for fun

i wouldnt mind knowing also. when im at the track i run 112 leaded. and when im lucky i head up to this sunoco like 10 miles away and fill up with cam2 110 leaded just for fun
    Most guys dont even know what CR is.....
    Glad to see some good bro's on here

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Fastest I've ever been in a car was 178mph. It was my buddies Porsche "RUF" Twin turbo. It was on the cover of Road and track as the worlds fastest car. Nothing could touch that car. Top speed 212mph. It could take the Henessey Viper 800hp. I had my buddy drive my Dinan M3 and he hit 160 with room to go. Noway in hell i'd drive that fast.
    top speed is 212 and its was called the worlds fastest car??

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    I think he means street legal

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    oh you import boys.........domestic is the only way to go..........nothing better than good ol' american muslce.
    I agree, I got a 1998 Black on Black Trans Am WS6, with the works. I love my car to death.

dont sleep on any RUF car. they are porsches but they are their very one company. its not like someone buys a porsche and then has RUF tune it. thats not how they work. if you want a RUF car, you go to RUF and buy it from them, just like any other automaker. what they do is get empty shells from porsche and thats where the simularities stop. everything else is completly made in house by RUF. they do use the porsche motors but are completly reworked. they are listed as a actual auto maker, NOT A TUNER. thier cars are honestly no joke.
    http://www.ruf-automobile.de/

and as for top speed there's no way that 212 is fast enought to get that title. the old mccaren hits 232 mph and thats cause it runs out of gearing. they could change the gearing and it can go even further. but of coarse that car isnt legal in the USA. and then of coarse it isnt the fastest either, the vector is
    i love RUF, but this car absolutly SH-TS on any RUF

check this out: http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~na/mclaren.html
    The McLaren F1 is probably the most exotic of the exotics, and definitely one of the best looking. Contrary to popular belief, it does not have the top speed of the street legal production cars, sinc the Vector Avtech takes that honor at 249 MPH. However, with an incredible 0-60 time of just 3.4 seconds, it's definitely one of the fastest off the line. There are only a handful of these made each year, which is just as well, since with a price tag of $1,000,000 only a few people in the world can afford it. Currently there are only 7 in the U.S., and Ralph Lauren owns two of them, one of which he is selling. Anyone buyers? Another one is owned by a visitor name Justin and his father, who is an avid collector of exotics and classics, who I would love to becomes friends with! Can I have a ride? The most incredible stat about the McLaren F1 is that it accelerates from 0-150 mph in 12.8 seconds, or just slightly longer than the 911 takes to reach 100 mph! The F1 LM, or the Le Mans version, is the racing version of this fine automobile. According to a visitor name Chris, only 5 of these beauties were ever built, and all of them have already been bought, even with a price tag of well over $1M! The year F1 debuted it won every race it entered except for one (again, thanks to Chris for this info). The car is made of all carbon fibers and the door swing up and out, similar to the Lamborghini Countach. Definitely the crown jewel of any collection.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 147mph-f1lm2.jpg  
    Last edited by jcstomper; 06-07-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I agree, I got a 1998 Black on Black Trans Am WS6, with the works. I love my car to death.
    heres somebody with taste in cars, im buying a sunset orange 2001 ws6 in september once i finish with construction for the season, i love those cars, ws6's/trans ams are definitely one of the best looking cars on the road.

if u wanna talk about exotics, the saleen s7 is my pick, 0-60 in 2.9, 0-100 in 6.5, and top speed over 225, imagine just flooring it on a empty highway...id be in heaven....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 147mph-s7.jpg   147mph-s7bk.jpg   147mph-s7in.jpg  

if u wanna talk about exotics, the saleen s7 is my pick, 0-60 in 2.9, 0-100 in 6.5, and top speed over 225, imagine just flooring it on a empty highway...id be in heaven....
    but the mclaren has it beat to 100 by a tad over a full second. the mclaren does 0-100 in 5.4 seconds. either way, both cars are freaking awesome and i would love to have either in my stable

but the mclaren has it beat to 100 by a tad over a full second. the mclaren does 0-100 in 5.4 seconds. either way, both cars are freaking awesome and i would love to have either in my stable
    McLaren again? Are you and I the only ones that understand?

My cars are street legal, so that will regulate what I can do to them a little. The 12 second time was from the green light, not from the take off. Those who know drags, times are counted from when you move, not from the green light. (In practise runs that is.) And the times are always done in radials, not in slicks.

Another thing, the viper is a v8 so I can fit a) more in b) weighs less and c) v10 roll cages are impossible to find. At least, they are here.

Keep in mind Australia is a more restrictive on car and their engines to be street legal. I have 0% carbon fibre, the chassis is stock, as are the wheels. If/when I decide to mod the chassis and running gear(namely, tube chassis, ligher wheels and better suspension), I will be looking at running in the low 7's, or high 6's.

Another thing, the viper is a v8 so I can fit a) more in b) weighs less and c) v10 roll cages are impossible to find. At least, they are here.
    care to show us a pic? cause no matter what engine your putting in the car its not gonna give you more storage space unless your putting stuff under the hood with the engine. less weight i can understand but fit more in? another thing, engine size doesnt make a sh-t worth of differance for fitting a role cage

Does when you have intake pipes everywhere

Pics are in another thread, but I will repost.

My cars
    In order, viper (duh!), show car and ma dragster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 147mph-105-0511_img.jpg   147mph-105-0516_img.jpg   147mph-blk577.jpg   147mph-cnv0011.jpg  

i hear that the bugatti veyron is supposedly the fastest car. well thats what they claim. its w-16, 1001 bhptop speed 255mph, 0-60mph 3.2 sec, 0-100mph 6.5 sec. if it can actually do it then thats insane!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 147mph-bugatti.jpg  

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    heres somebody with taste in cars, im buying a sunset orange 2001 ws6 in september once i finish with construction for the season, i love those cars, ws6's/trans ams are definitely one of the best looking cars on the road.
    Sunset Orange my favorite color on the WS6's after black. For the price the Firebird/Trans Am are the best looking cars on the road.

I plan to keep mine forever.

aside from the viper and gt90, i dont really car for american cars. sorry guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information