Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 147mph

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

147mph

well tonight im coming home from the city down I-95 when i late model lexus come rocking by me at around 120mp or so. im doing my normal cruise of 85mph or so and i decide to give chase. my buddys in the car with me and he asked me earlier if my car was fast or not. well i catch up to the lexus and we are just weaving in and out of traffic to get to a clear area. we both hit the same exit ramp which has a posted speed of 45mph, i took it at around 85mph and passed the lexus. once we are on the smaller highway (woodhaven rd) the lexus pulls up and gives me the thumbs up, as if to say nice pass. well we both decide to just gun it to the end of the highway which is about 4 or 5 miles away. the road was empty so it was a good spot to do so. well i topped out at around 147mph or so. at least thats what my speedometer indicated. all i gotta say is i love my car, and feel completly safe with the schroth harnesses and rollcage lol. nothing like a good old adrenaline rush before you go to sleep

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    yea topped my vr6 at 160mph... scary ****

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Cool! What you got for a ride bro?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    sound like fun bro! what car do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    yea topped my vr6 at 160mph... scary ****
    what did you have done to your vr? cause unless your turbo or super charged there's no way in hell your gonna be hitting 160mph. even with a 3.1 liter coversion the most youll be pushing is around 230 or so whp with all the other bolt ons. i have friends with all bolt ons for a vr except super or turbo charged and they top out at around 140. i need to get the **** tdi fifth gear so i can pin the speedo lol

oh yeah for you guys asking what car i drive. 2000 VW gti 1.8t 325whp big turbo, bilstien pss9 coil overs.... and a bunch of other goodies. car ran a 13.600@103mph before the new turbo and that was only with about 210whp or so. right now the car should be able to throw mid 12's on street tires. my friend just ran 12.00 with slicks in a car with the same turbo conversion

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    what did you have done to your vr? cause unless your turbo or super charged there's no way in hell your gonna be hitting 160mph. even with a 3.1 liter coversion the most youll be pushing is around 230 or so whp with all the other bolt ons. i have friends with all bolt ons for a vr except super or turbo charged and they top out at around 140. i need to get the **** tdi fifth gear so i can pin the speedo lol

oh yeah for you guys asking what car i drive. 2000 VW gti 1.8t 325whp big turbo, bilstien pss9 coil overs.... and a bunch of other goodies. car ran a 13.600@103mph before the new turbo and that was only with about 210whp or so. right now the car should be able to throw mid 12's on street tires. my friend just ran 12.00 with slicks in a car with the same turbo conversion

hehe, no wonder the lexus gave you the thumbs up! ive always wanted to own a vw golf, they have so many accessories its no joke! but of course i am biased.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a pretty sweet first gen camaro that runs high 12's but around my town my 17 year old buddy has one of the baddest rides around (keep in mind daddy is a doctor) He drives a 2003 supercharged Z06 vette with headers, slicks, the whole deal. We raced one of those gt3 porsches that are supposed to be bad ass and smoked the s*** out of it. I was riding shotgun down the empty interstate around 3 in the morning and when he let off i looked over and we had hit 185.........and for any of you who have vettes and know how low they ride, everything feels a ton faster............wow, that was a fun night. Nothing like good old illegal drag racing!

Your friend only hit 140 in his VR? what the hell is wrong with it? VR6's have very long gears unlike the 1.8t's. I can hit 70mph in second gear... i think the 1.8t's only go to 50mph in second gear. A nonchiped vr should be able to hit 140 (thats when the governor hits in) vr's are very fickle and if u tune them wrong they drive like crap. I have a charger, but i could hit 160 before that. The charger just makes me get to 160 faster

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    That turn onto woodhaven is a bitch...
    If we're talking bout the same road...
    Big Balls move for sure at 85MPH brotha...
    I raced some bros coming back from the clubs
    one night at about 145MPH... Love goin fast...

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    but they are both heavy as **** guys I own a civic type r and it just loves golfs the only one i have trouble with is the r32 but as far as modding goes they are the car to own

Quote Originally Posted by adamw1
    but they are both heavy as **** guys I own a civic type r and it just loves golfs the only one i have trouble with is the r32 but as far as modding goes they are the car to own
    Yea the civic is very light. The r32 is awesome... my friend just ran a 14.3 bone stock

Yeah before i bought my civic it was a choice between a v6 4motion golf,a renault clio 182 or the civic.I made the right choice i think but the clio was a close 2nd but boy would i love a r32 but it was just to expensive.

Yes the civic type R, vr6 golf with 4motion and the renault clio 182 are all VERY hot hatchs. But to bad they dont sell any of them in the US. The R32 is a 3.2L vr6 with 4motion in a GTI body, but they just started to sell that in the US.
    Yeah before i bought my civic it was a choice between a v6 4motion golf,a renault clio 182 or the civic.I made the right choice i think but the clio was a close 2nd but boy would i love a r32 but it was just to expensive.

mass junkie is offline banned
    I love my ride too much to drive that fast

oh you import boys.........domestic is the only way to go..........nothing better than good ol' american muslce.

my problem is i know nothing about the cars you drive over there other than they got big ass engines.What does a r32 retail for over there then??

my problem is i know nothing about the cars you drive over there other than they got big ass engines.What does a r32 retail for over there then??
    30k i think

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    nothin beats good old american horsepower.
    1998 Mustang Cobra-vortech v2 charger, 80mm mass air flow, bassani x pipes, hooker headers, dropped 1.5 inches on hotchkiss springs.

Ive hit 140 on several occasions but never took it over. The only time the freeways here in socal were clear enough I hit 135, then saw the flashing lights behind me , havent taken her passed 95 since.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Bleh, you all can keep that crap..... I'll go fly a Cirrus SR-22 anyday and blow past all of you (sportbikes included). Problem is that you don't get the rush like you do on a bike... you have to look down at the computer for it to tell you how fast you are going. Just not the same.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Those Golfs demand respect...
    I'm not a big import guy....obviously...but I do respect anything that is well-engineered and quick...

I've never been a highway guy myself...I don't have enough pts left :P

Check this out if you like fast cars....

1927 Ford Roadster, fibreglass, HOC orange pearl, 496 BB Chev...
    Ran 5.60 in the 1/8th mile...sold it in September...
    Now the boys have a rear-engine 'top-fuel' style dragster...
    Runs in the low 5's....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 147mph-randys.jpg  

i do have respect for ppl that put the time and effort into making there cars nice looking and fast, i just hate that lawn mower sound. I'll stick to american muscle, but everyone has their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    That turn onto woodhaven is a bitch...
    If we're talking bout the same road...
    Big Balls move for sure at 85MPH brotha...
    I raced some bros coming back from the clubs
    one night at about 145MPH... Love goin fast...
    yeah we are talking about the same road, fastest ive ever taken it is 90mph

ps. ive hit 167mph on my old bike 2001 cbr 929 rr

thats insane on a bike

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    man, i went 130 b4....that seems slow as hell talking to you guys...i might as well have been pushing along in a wheel chair

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    man, i went 130 b4....that seems slow as hell talking to you guys...i might as well have been pushing along in a wheel chair
    honestly id love to hit 200mph in a car capable of doing it. the fastest i know of someone actually doing is 193 mph in a turbo porsche that was no where near stock. that was coming from a guy that worked at my old dealership, his family was holbert. as in al holbert, the most winninest american porsche driver. so im like "oh did you do that at the track?" and he's like "hell no, i did that on a public road. On the track its too safe to feel scary." after that i was like dude your f-cking nuts

Your friend only hit 140 in his VR? what the hell is wrong with it? VR6's have very long gears unlike the 1.8t's. I can hit 70mph in second gear... i think the 1.8t's only go to 50mph in second gear. A nonchiped vr should be able to hit 140 (thats when the governor hits in) vr's are very fickle and if u tune them wrong they drive like crap. I have a charger, but i could hit 160 before that. The charger just makes me get to 160 faster
    are we talking about mk4 or mk3 vr's? cause they have very differant gearing. im taking about a mk3.

civics are a joke unless they are turbo. actually any honda or acura is a joke unless it is turbo or has a ton of motor work done. i know the N/A motors can make power but most people dont go that far for the street

fastest car id ever driven was 270kph bmw m5 restrictor removed. funnest car ive ever driven was an evo 8. now that car is pound for pound the craziest. i hit 155 mph on that and its stock! id defintely want one of those in the future!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive never been in a car faster than 130. To me, that is too fast. One wrong move and Im dead. Im glad I wasnt in that car with you. Roll cage or not, 150mph, consider yourself a vegitable if the flips and glass dont kill you. Or a blow out at 90 will even ruin your month. Stay safe and keep that crap to the quarter mile.
    12 secs is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Ive never been in a car faster than 130. To me, that is too fast. One wrong move and Im dead. Im glad I wasnt in that car with you. Roll cage or not, 150mph, consider yourself a vegitable if the flips and glass dont kill you. Or a blow out at 90 will even ruin your month. Stay safe and keep that crap to the quarter mile.
    12 secs is fast.
    i will always love speed. im not as crazy as i used to when i was younger. now i drive a stock car, a few years ago i would soup it up to the teeth. now im content and kinda outgrew it. i would love to hit the magic 200mph on public roads at least once tho.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Crazy Mofo... That turn is no joke... I've done some crazy **** to,
    but that one i don't think I'd attempt...I perfer the long ass run from
    the clubs going south all the way to the Airport... That's more my thing

civics are a joke unless they are turbo. actually any honda or acura is a joke unless it is turbo or has a ton of motor work done. i know the N/A motors can make power but most people dont go that far for the street
    Hes talking about the euro civic type R... its rather quick for a hatch. Not the US crap civic. I hate jap cars, but ive seen a civic type R that was imported... it was fast.

are we talking about mk4 or mk3 vr's? cause they have very differant gearing. im taking about a mk3.
    yea i have a mk3 as well.... if ur friends is a 93-95 OBDI then those vr's suck. 96 was ok, but the first OBDII. 97 & 98 were the best years for that motor. 140 is very easy to hit in a VR so i dont know whats wrong with ur friends that only tops out at that. I have a bunch of friends with mk3 vr's and they are all the same in that aspect.

yea i have a mk3 as well.... if ur friends is a 93-95 OBDI then those vr's suck. 96 was ok, but the first OBDII. 97 & 98 were the best years for that motor. 140 is very easy to hit in a VR so i dont know whats wrong with ur friends that only tops out at that. I have a bunch of friends with mk3 vr's and they are all the same in that aspect.
    i think he's got a 94, i know he had a distributor. i dont think anythings wrong, he dynoed at 184whp with intake, cams (268's) and side exit exaust with no cat. which considering they only have 172 hp at the crank stock its quite a improvment. its a jetta, and he just runs out of steam up top. he pulls hard to about 130mph or so, but after that i just pull away.

Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Crazy Mofo... That turn is no joke... I've done some crazy **** to,
    but that one i don't think I'd attempt...I perfer the long ass run from
    the clubs going south all the way to the Airport... That's more my thing
    even better is being south philly on a friday or saturday night at the races. 18-20 year old women and fast cars. what more can a guy want?

i think he's got a 94, i know he had a distributor. i dont think anythings wrong, he dynoed at 184whp with intake, cams (268's) and side exit exaust with no cat. which considering they only have 172 hp at the crank stock its quite a improvment. its a jetta, and he just runs out of steam up top. he pulls hard to about 130mph or so, but after that i just pull away.
    yea if it had a distributor its old school. The new/better ones have coil packs.

yea if it had a distributor its old school. The new/better ones have coil packs.
    so maybe thats why he can hardly break 140.... who knows. as long as its fast i dont care what it is. it could be a **** yugo, but if its a yugo that runs 12's ill like it lol

decadbal is offline Banned
    my tahoe would smoke all yall...lol

so maybe thats why he can hardly break 140.... who knows. as long as its fast i dont care what it is. it could be a **** yugo, but if its a yugo that runs 12's ill like it lol
    yea IMO the OBDI versions were junk. My 97 jetta stock beat my friends 95 GTI with bolt ons. Keep in mind the GTI is like 200lbs lighter. But i respect any car that is fast and someone put there time and energy into

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    my tahoe would smoke all yall...lol
    DD u kill me bro...
    You would win 4 sure...in a race to see who could bring home the most groceries :P lol....just messin bro....but u know me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information