Thread: D-Day

decadbal is offline Banned

D-Day

God Bless those who faught and died today, so many years ago.... Rangers Lead the Way.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Watching documentaries on it, I simply stand in awe of what was accomplished - often by boys who carried out one of the greatest feats a person can muster at an age where I still couldn't manage to work a 10 hour a week part time job, play a sport and deal with the social scene without feeling overwhelmed. Simply amazing what people become capable of in the right situation.

I think the most fitting saying I have ever heard regarding such endeavors, and it rings very true for me, as I have been truly blessed with opportunities and circumstances that have allowed me to experience so much, is that these individuals risked (and in many instances gave) their lives so that I wouldn't have to. For my education, experiences, opportunities, options and life in general, I should be personally calling and thanking these people...no joke.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    I feel the same way, I feel so lucky to be in the position I am in. Showing respect to those who layed down their lives, Thanks.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Amen to that guys. We owe our freedom to all those who contributed to the war effort.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Watching documentaries on it, I simply stand in awe of what was accomplished - often by boys who carried out one of the greatest feats a person can muster at an age where I still couldn't manage to work a 10 hour a week part time job, play a sport and deal with the social scene without feeling overwhelmed. Simply amazing what people become capable of in the right situation.

I think the most fitting saying I have ever heard regarding such endeavors, and it rings very true for me, as I have been truly blessed with opportunities and circumstances that have allowed me to experience so much, is that these individuals risked (and in many instances gave) their lives so that I wouldn't have to. For my education, experiences, opportunities, options and life in general, I should be personally calling and thanking these people...no joke.
    Well said BigGreen!! I just wish people appreciated the things that they have and the losses people had to endure to provide those opportunities..

Doc

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    those men gave the ultimate sacrifice for us there lives ...thank you god bless

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    God bless all them for the sacrifices they made

betatest is offline Associate Member
    The events of that period and the soldiers who faced them head-on trivialize a lot of the issues, gripes, and concerns that many people make a big deal out of today. God bless those who fought for our freedoms then and those who continue to do so.

worldknown is offline Banned
    amen, RIP for all of them and may god bless everyone who is still alive and or died. we wouldn't be here today or be speaking this language right now if things would have gone differently.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the 2nd ranger batt, the batt i was in, was the major unit attackin normandy, and when this day came when i was RA, we got to meet and greet with alot of the vets, and they were simply ppl who ill remember my entire life, the way they all have overcame those days and the hard ones that followed and told us stories and asked us about being rangers and why we loved it, and it was the same reasons as them, great thing and really made me feel like i had a big group of brothers.. god bless all them, and the other men who served

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Amen...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Back when men were men!

3vil3lmo is offline Junior Member
    Very brave thing to be doing, yet you all seem to forget, it was an allied opperation, not just the Americans

But I am dissapointed that all politicions had to make it a political speech, Bushy, The english dude and even australias PM fkn john softcock howard had to make speeches which were more political statements, can they not do anything without it being a chance for publicity (Australian elections coming up...)

Thread Information