BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Speaking of Cheat Days....

With all this talk of cheat days, i'm wondering how many of you utilize the day as something more than a mental blowing off of steam that comes from being so disciplined. I often (almost always, actually) find that, while cutting, i look much better after a cheat day, and I tend to use this to gauge my progress. If i look *dramatically* better, I assume (this may or may not be correct, but seems to "work" for me) that the diet at that stage was a bit too agressive and i need to either carb up a bit, bump up protein, or cut back on cardio. If I don't look a noticeable amount better, I take that as a pretty good sign that my diet wasn't quite strict enough leading up to it. So far, this has worked well for me.

Additionally, fat loss always seem to bump up again once i indulge in a cheat day because my body no longer fears that it's starving. So, out of curiosity, is a "cheat day" for most of you a social thing, mental thing, physical thing, or nice mix?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    its a mental thing for me totaly. I usualy look like **** the day after cause of the insane water retention i get on the eating day(about 5 kilos(11 pounds)) but now I have to cut out the eating day and just do clen carb upp cause its hindering my progress

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    It's a nice mix for me. Sundays (today) is my cheat day...I really look forward to them cuz I have a hard time dieting.
    Today I had meatball sandwitch, and a diet pepsi, along with protein shakes throughout the day. Later on I'm gonna treat my self to some pizza :-)

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i put down 12 slices of pizza last nigh and 44 oz's of vanilla coke and i feel like you BG...i looked **** good this morning when i got up...the cabs helped fill me out and i looked leaner in my stomach...i wasnt all bloated like i get after a day of eating good, and putting down a big ass PWO shake....

decadbal is offline Banned
    i always feel i look better the pcd

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    speaking of cheat days- i swear I ate 4 pounds of Pansit and about 40 lumpia and 15 "monkey-meat-on-a stick" yesterday.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    speaking of cheat days- i swear I ate 4 pounds of Pansit and about 40 lumpia and 15 "monkey-meat-on-a stick" yesterday.

you mean barbeque on a stick? you like filipino food bro? awesome

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Lumpia. That brings back memories from the PI.

Now I want a San Miguel.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Lumpia. That brings back memories from the PI.

Now I want a San Miguel.

yo bro i live in manila now! san miguel is awesome

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I use it to give my body and mind a rest from the stress that comes along with a strict diet. More so than anything it, it feels good having that one day not having to worry about eating chicken and flax on the clock in the exact portions and just being lazy as I endulge in some real American fattening food with family and friends.
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 06-07-2004 at 05:13 AM.

Thread Information