jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member

Back in the game

I didn't know where else to post this but it's just good to be back on the board and reading about what everyone has been doing lately. It's been about 8 months and I'm finally back in the gym after a bout with drug and alchohol addiction. My wife had me put in the hospital and that's when I knew I had to get clean or I was going to lose everything. Then I lost my best and oldest friend to a drug overdose and I went through a major depression. The shrink had me on Lithium, Lexapro and Valium which screwed my head up even more and I lost about 20 pounds from not eating and stress. I got myself off all that crap and now I get to try and work my way back to where I was 6 months ago. It sucks losing what you worked so hard for. I've already started planning my next cycle but I'm a little uneasy about it psychologically. Don't want to get my head messed up again. I'm just glad to be back and taking it one day at a time. Thanks for reading and sorry for venting but if anyone here has been through a similar experience let me know, I'd like to hear how you dealt with it and what you did to get back on track. Peace

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    That's good to hear glad to see ya pulled ya self above that mess!! Good luck getting back on track!

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Props bro for getting it together

decadbal is offline Banned
    good to hear you swam out, alot of ppl cant, just try to remember why your doing what your doing. after the military and college i had a huge drinkin prob, didnt see it, but i drank everyday, and for most part of the day.... got to where all i wanted to do was exactly that, so i had to choose, this life or that one, i chose this one and never looked back, i drink a little every so often, but i try to keep the taste out of my mouth so i dont start thinkin that its ok for me to drink, bc i am not the type who can drink socially or even moderatly.. good luck..

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Probably be suprising to know how many of us have faced similar demons...congrats and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i drink a little every so often, but i try to keep the taste out of my mouth so i dont start thinkin that its ok for me to drink, bc i am not the type who can drink socially or even moderatly.. good luck..
    Exactly, I don't know why but it's just no fun unless Im plastered. I'm content being sober now and it's definitely a plus getting up early and not being hung over. I never want to go back to the dark place I was in. I'm a little sore today after being back in the gym and it feels **** good

3vil3lmo is offline Junior Member
    Fukn top work on gettin through it man, there are plenty of people out there who cant.

Some food for thought though, do you guys consider yourselves addicted to anabolic steroids ? Like, do you think you could just stop and lose all your size? Or would you have to keep on goign?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    what counts is what you are going to do about the fortunate predicament you got yourself in. you should commend yourself for making it this far. the rest is up to you. good luck.

I've been clean since October and free of prescription drugs since about March. It has been a long road back. Its scary and sad to think that it could have been me that died instead of my buddy.

I don't know about being addicted to steroids but losing all my size definitely made things worse in my situation. I'm back in the gym and not planning to use anything for awhile even though I have everything I need for a major bulking cycle. I do know people that won't even bother to train if they aren't currently on a cycle and they are the same people that run marathon cycles for 6 months or more without coming off because they are afraid of getting small again. I guess you would consider that a psychological addiction.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 06-07-2004 at 01:29 PM.

Thread Information