allsaucedup is offline Member

loss of dedication

I have been slacken so bad lattely. My diet sucks, I have been drinking so much beer, been very lazy with the cardio need a kick in the nuts. Need some help somone motivate me. I started everything over this morning went to the gym 4:00 am hour of cardio that was so tuff i was breathing like i had a collapsed lung. This time last year i was in the best shape of my life. I have dropped my g/f that was messing up my workouts and we used to go out and drink like 4 days a week. i will be back better than i was last year bye no later than november that is the plan. Doing it naturauly also no t-3 no clen no aas just maybe a little eca, the weights, the track, and a bunch of clean a$$ food. Might have to get ahold of Swolecat for some help but i will do this. Why is it so easy to let your self go and it is so hard to get to were you want to be. I feel like such a jacka$$, I did not even notice it was this bad till the other day when i was playing full court basketball and was so winded i had to sit down. I freaking played college ball until like 3 years ago. NO MORE SLACKEN TIME TO GET SERIOUS.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Bro I slacked for a good year and a half. Don't worry you're not alone on this. But its good that youre getting back into the swing of things. Congrats on that bro. You'll be back to your old self soon enough.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    My diet and w.o has sucked as of late, I am trying to put it together. Stick your chin out bro and get after it

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro, what helps me to get going sometimes is to write out, in detail, what a perfect week would look like. Cardio, weights down to sets, reps and rest between sets, and diet. Then I set everything up, (training partner, groceries, supps), then tell myself that by god I will settle for nothing less than following my plan to the letter, but I only promise myself tommorow. When I wake up that day, first thing is I read my schedule for the day and mentally go through the whole day. I make up my mind that just for today, I will be perfect in every facet of my plan. I'm usually pretty pumped by then and am actually loking forward to the challenge of a "perfect" day.

I repeat this everyday until I'm motivated enough to do what I need without all the histrionics. Usually after a few days, the clothes fit better, the body begins to respond, etc. and the momentum motivates me. By then I'm on a roll and my biggest problem is not overtraining.

I know this all sounds kinda hokey but it works for me when I have trouble getting started back after a vacation, layoff or whatever.

Just need to overcome the inertia and then it'll all come a s second nature again.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    Hey bro, what helps me to get going sometimes is to write out, in detail, what a perfect week would look like. Cardio, weights down to sets, reps and rest between sets, and diet. Then I set everything up, (training partner, groceries, supps), then tell myself that by god I will settle for nothing less than following my plan to the letter, but I only promise myself tommorow. When I wake up that day, first thing is I read my schedule for the day and mentally go through the whole day. I make up my mind that just for today, I will be perfect in every facet of my plan. I'm usually pretty pumped by then and am actually loking forward to the challenge of a "perfect" day.

I repeat this everyday until I'm motivated enough to do what I need without all the histrionics. Usually after a few days, the clothes fit better, the body begins to respond, etc. and the momentum motivates me. By then I'm on a roll and my biggest problem is not overtraining.

I know this all sounds kinda hokey but it works for me when I have trouble getting started back after a vacation, layoff or whatever.

Just need to overcome the inertia and then it'll all come a s second nature again.

Good idea bro thanks

thanks for the idea eli

Dee-termined is offline Associate Member
    Here's alittle motivation for you.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/di...e/heaviest.htm

I don't think it will load, you may have to copy it into your address bar.

cabogirl is offline Female Member
    I know how you feel. I was so dedicated for 3 years straight and then I started back to school and had to do an internship so I slacked off and I wasn't seeing the gains that I was looking for. But I will say what motivated me was watching my husband become more addicted to the gym than I was and now even if I don't feel like going to the gym or eating right I just look at him and say to myself "noway is he going to pass me up". Silly I know but we all have things that will push us so maybe find a pic of yourself a year ago when you were in that shape you liked and put it somewhere that you will see it all the time. It might just work! Good Luck!
    lifes too short so live it up !!!

thanks guys and cabogirl i am going to take it one day at a time had a great day yesterday with the diet and gym best workout i have had in months. Started today with a good cardio season and then some sprinting. people at work are pissing me off there is 2 dozen dounuts in the kitchen but i am drinking my protien shake and fighting the urge.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    heres my advice: stop being a pussy and get your **** together. if u want it bad enough, you'll get it. put in the work brother. theres two types of people: those who want it but aren't dsiciplined and those who take it and are the big dogs. which one are you?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton

i used to do that alot with school and work.. i would write down the exact time when im going to do what homework and for how long, etc.. when september comes around ima start doing that again with school, work, and training..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Simply put:

Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.

~SC~

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

Imo

this is what we do.it's who we are. if you can't make the commitment bow out of the game. simple as that. you can be average like the rest and no one will notice, care, or think less of you for doing so, but don't talk about what you are going to do. no one like a talker.get it together now.not tomorrow, next week, next month.....you have no one to blame but yourself if you stay in the condition you say you are in.
    how is that for a pep talk?

You hit it right on the money swolecat That is my main desire to be better than what I am now, and I have a long way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by cabogirl
    You hit it right on the money swolecat That is my main desire to be better than what I am now, and I have a long way to go!
    The fact that you know and employ that however shows you are more than half way there!

Bay area? I'm close.........

~SC~

thank you for the replies i know what i have to do have done it before. You guys and girl are so right thank you again i really needed to be reminded. no more talk.

Quote Originally Posted by allsaucedup
    thank you for the replies i know what i have to do have done it before. You guys and girl are so right thank you again i really needed to be reminded. no more talk.
    I believe that's why we're all here bro. To accomplish similar goals, and the road there ain't always easy for a myriad of reasons.

~SC~

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    The fact that you know and employ that however shows you are more than half way there!

Bay area? I'm close.........

~SC~
    How close? I am in the Concord area. I work out at the wonderful 24hr fitness.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Basic hygiene - you won't stop showering, will you? Your body is designed to be trained - train it!

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    How close? I am in the Concord area. I work out at the wonderful 24hr fitness.
    Central California.....about an hour and a half from you.

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    swole you slut!

Galoot67 is offline Junior Member
    last year i burned off 35 pounds mostly fat, and then i got lazy in the winter and it came back so fast. Im doing good now. Its tough to get back into for me. The desire is there but the will power comes and goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Central California.....about an hour and a half from you.

~SC~
    It is pretty nice knowing there are other's in our area with strong goals in fitness.

geardup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabogirl
    what an avatar!!!!
    hott as hell

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    i used to do that alot with school and work.. i would write down the exact time when im going to do what homework and for how long, etc.. when september comes around ima start doing that again with school, work, and training..
    LOL, i do the same FCKIN thing.... All spend all class lecture scribbling down exact schedules for food, training, etc. I get so worked up doin that stuff, im in my own little world. The professor will call on me and ill have no clue. Whats worse is my school is pretty advanced technology wise; we all get our own laptops and bring them to class so im usually on AR researching.

This past quarter my grades dropped from deans list to B/C's, thanks to my new found addictiveness to AR, lol.

Thread Information