Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zOaib is offline VET

Adultery A Sin ? What Is Sin ? Or Its Only Instinct (good Or Bad) ?

looking for true and level headed responses in this thread , just to see what everyone thinks about this , and this thread is not intended to offend anyone , it is merely posted for entertainment purposes ...... and educational too !
    Last edited by ZOAIB; 06-09-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Well I dont think its a sin. But I dont condone cheating when youre married.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Well I dont think its a sin. But I dont condone cheating when youre married.
    respectful idea ........... shows morality , .............. cool

righton is offline Senior Member
    Doing the horizontal cha-cha is but as i'm sure prez clinton said "eatin ain't cheatin".!!

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I believe it is wrong and a sin. It is a religous reunion after all.

If you have to cheat you should get a divorce.

Sin or not, it is wrong.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I believe it is wrong and a sin. It is a religous reunion after all.

If you have to cheat you should get a divorce.

Sin or not, it is wrong.
    according to u , it kinda proves we HUMANS have a built in instinct about whats wrong n whats right ?????

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Yes , there is no gray area on this one. Very bad idea with the same consequences.
    Post some details this is kind of a vague situation you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOAIB
    according to u , it kinda proves we HUMANS have a built in instinct about whats wrong n whats right ?????

Befor e religous vows we would knock a women out and drag her to our cave. Now we pick a mate for life. In my belief God puts a natural urge to find him and his way. So yes narural to me.

I don't believe in sin in the religious sense as I do not believe in religion....

But adultry in my book shows a lack of respect to the ones we love and very poor moral judgement.

Red

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Amoral, and a good way to get shot.

thegorilla is offline Associate Member
    We are animals.

We like to hump.

TheInfamousApe

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I do not believe it is a sin but it is definertly wrong IMO. You say that this will be the only one you will love and cherish, and so on at the alter and then you go and cheat,its kick kicking dirt in your spouses face, I think that if someone cheats on their husband or wife that was not the one they should have married in the first place.

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    Adultery sucks, but swinging Rules!!!!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    It's one thing if you're in an open marriage and swing or whatever, but lying to your spouse like that is never justifyable.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think its a sin, i just think its wrong. If uv made a commitment to someone i believe u should live upto it.

OG

zOaib is offline VET
    ditto to all the comments ! pretty much what i believe , but also since i am religious i also take it as a sin ....... but thats just me ! .......... thx

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    I don't believe in sin in the religious sense as I do not believe in religion....

But adultry in my book shows a lack of respect to the ones we love and very poor moral judgement.

Red
    I feel the same way....... I'm not a religious person....... but I feel cheating/adultry is wrong and shows no respect for the other person.

Like someone else wrote if I was thinking about cheating then I know it's time to get out of the relationship because something isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I feel the same way....... I'm not a religious person....... but I feel cheating/adultry is wrong and shows no respect for the other person.

Like someone else wrote if I was thinking about cheating then I know it's time to get out of the relationship because something isn't working.

Hey Mud. Not trying to call you out or anything but are you getting maried by a preacher or in a church? If you do not want to answer just ignore it. I was just wondering for myself.

Hey Mud. Not trying to call you out or anything but are you getting maried by a preacher or in a church? If you do not want to answer just ignore it. I was just wondering for myself.
    LOL yeah I'm getting married in Nov........ JOP will be doing it........ but what does that have to do with anything

I was raised a good Catholic Italian boy and my gf Irish Catholic....... she changed her religion to something else..... I don't know what it is and I haven't been to church in years and I don't think I will be going anytime to soon.

I don't believe in "marriage" itself. It's just a technicality. All marriage does is make breaking up more of a hassle.....more paperwork. If two people really love eachother (whatever that relative term means), then they should be able to stay together without any documents to "strengthen" their union. "'Til death do us part" is ridiculous. Change is a given. We can't predict the future. Think how much you've changed over the last 5 years, 10 years, etc. To make the assumption that the changes you'll undergo will somehow complement the changes that your "spouse" will undergo isn't very realistic. Some will say, "marriage is something you have to work at"......fair enough, to some extent, but you shouldn't have to hide who you are or be forced to accept the person that your spouse has evolved into....that too is unrealistic. It takes a lot more for two people to stay together without "marriage" binding them than it does for a married couple to remain together. There is no real stigma to two unmarried people "breaking up", so their remaining together is more based on positives than fear of negatives.

"Let's stay together until this doesn't work out anymore"....that's realistic.
    Marriage just seems like what people are "supposed to do". Let's be realistic, about 2/3 of marriages end in divorce. "Til death do us part" is pretty unrealistic and naive.

Marriage has just evolved into a thoughtless act akin to a handshake.....an action that formerly had meaning and purpose but has since lost it's meaning, and therefore its purpose.......but people still get married, and people still shake hands.....we're just a bunch of mindless lemmings.

LOL yeah I'm getting married in Nov........ JOP will be doing it........ but what does that have to do with anything

I was raised a good Catholic Italian boy and my gf Irish Catholic....... she changed her religion to something else..... I don't know what it is and I haven't been to church in years and I don't think I will be going anytime to soon.

AAHH I see a little something in you that resembles religion. Maybe it's just that you are a good person.

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

Dayum

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I don't believe in "marriage" itself. It's just a technicality. All marriage does is make breaking up more of a hassle.....more paperwork. If two people really love eachother (whatever that relative term means), then they should be able to stay together without any documents to "strengthen" their union. "'Til death do us part" is ridiculous. Change is a given. We can't predict the future. Think how much you've changed over the last 5 years, 10 years, etc. To make the assumption that the changes you'll undergo will somehow complement the changes that your "spouse" will undergo isn't very realistic. Some will say, "marriage is something you have to work at"......fair enough, to some extent, but you shouldn't have to hide who you are or be forced to accept the person that your spouse has evolved into....that too is unrealistic. It takes a lot more for two people to stay together without "marriage" binding them than it does for a married couple to remain together. There is no real stigma to two unmarried people "breaking up", so their remaining together is more based on positives than fear of negatives.

Marriage just seems like what people are "supposed to do". Let's be realistic, about 2/3 of marriages end in divorce. "Til death do us part" is pretty unrealistic and naive.

Marriage has just evolved into a thoughtless act akin to a handshake.....an action that formerly had meaning and purpose but has since lost it's meaning, and therefore its purpose.......but people still get married, and people still shake hands.....we're just a bunch of mindless lemmings.

Awesome post. OUTSTANDING

TheInfamousApe

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    I was raised a good Catholic Italian boy

me too....but i can't handle the Catholic church anymore.....just the other day i was sitting there and this lady kept coughing at me.......i was 4 pews back....like she could smell the smoke.......

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

I love you man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    me too....but i can't handle the Catholic church anymore.....just the other day i was sitting there and this lady kept coughing at me.......i was 4 pews back....like she could smell the smoke.......

I hear ya....... I just don't agree with thier way of "thinking"........ I have sins that I will never be able to get rid of because of what is written in the bible...... and all it is are some tatt's but marking your body is a sin in the eyes of the Catholic church.......... but I guess molesting a bunch of little kids isn't

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL

pot makes you peranoid.

pot makes you peranoid.

who me??? why me??? i didn't do nothin.....whats that noise.....shlt someones at the door....ssshhhhh....be quiet.....

I hear ya....... I just don't agree with thier way of "thinking"........ I have sins that I will never be able to get rid of because of what is written in the bible...... and all it is are some tatt's but marking your body is a sin in the eyes of the Catholic church.......... but I guess molesting a bunch of little kids isn't

yeah...your tatts are nice....i like sex out of marrige so....i'm out.....well according to them......

oh well....you and i will have alot of fun down there.....

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I still have the one sided view on this- cool for dudes, not for chicks.

I wouldn't cheat on a girl I was going to marry,besides thats what dating is for.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    Cheating is bad, cruel, and cold hearted, I personally couldnt do it b/c I believe in certain morals and my conscience would tear me apart. I know the feling of being cheated on and wouldnt want to make someone else feel that way.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    You have a way with words my friend... Very bright on all ends of the spectrum... Well said

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Awesome post bro, I would like to offer up something. I think it may be worth noting that people's ideas towards commitments in general, marriage sort of being the granddaddy of commitments, has seriously waned in the past generation or two. Things tend to become thoughtless acts when consequence is removed from the equation. Psychologists have found that when our options increase (decisions that aren't final always have increasing numbers of options asscoiated with them) our subjective well-being (ie happiness) tends to decline. Marriage, like everything else in the 21st century, has become a 90 days or your money back affair. Its almost like people have this attitude of why not just get hitched because I can always back out of it later. IMO this lack of commitment somewhat devalues the whole institution for everybody.

spyderman is offline New Member
    Like just about everyone else here, I think that adultery is wrong...being in a monogamous relationship means that you are dedicated to one person. Leaving religion out of it...marriage, if nothing else, is the opportunity to commit yourself to someone else, and receive that same commitment in return. Although I really like the way einstein1905 thinks (and actually agree with much of his thinking), he has forgotten that there is another reason why commitment is so important...the children that you produce from that relationship. Yes, people do change, and trust me, as you raise children you will run into so many things that will change you. You and your spouse will not always agree on things, and you have to learn how to live and love to keep a family together. If your attitude is that, "well, we have changed, so let's move on", you probably have no chance at ever having a family. No relationship is ever completely perfect...it may seem to be at first, but eventually you will find something in your partner that you wish could be different...that's natural. I think that a lot of people are in love with falling in love...you have to work to turn that initial passion into a more mature relationship. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a marriage counselor! Anyway, just my 2 cents.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderman
    Like just about everyone else here, I think that adultery is wrong...being in a monogamous relationship means that you are dedicated to one person. Leaving religion out of it...marriage, if nothing else, is the opportunity to commit yourself to someone else, and receive that same commitment in return. Although I really like the way einstein1905 thinks (and actually agree with much of his thinking), he has forgotten that there is another reason why commitment is so important...the children that you produce from that relationship. Yes, people do change, and trust me, as you raise children you will run into so many things that will change you. You and your spouse will not always agree on things, and you have to learn how to live and love to keep a family together. If your attitude is that, "well, we have changed, so let's move on", you probably have no chance at ever having a family. No relationship is ever completely perfect...it may seem to be at first, but eventually you will find something in your partner that you wish could be different...that's natural. I think that a lot of people are in love with falling in love...you have to work to turn that initial passion into a more mature relationship. Wow, I'm starting to sound like a marriage counselor! Anyway, just my 2 cents.
    i like the way how u expressed , that there is no perfect relationship out there , so ppl who have the attitude " well we are different now " and just move on , will definately and most likely will never settle down , they are probably the ones who will keep changing from one to another ! ............. so mutual understanding and a strong commitment is required !

zOaib is offline VET

ALSO my question to u einstein is WHY IS THAT ? why are 2/3 marriages ending up in divorces !

TheOak182 is offline Associate Member
    If you are married or the other person you are involved with is married (and you know about it) then I believe it is a sin. If you are just seeing someone even if you are serious about that person I believe you are in the clear. It really comes down to when you take that plunge and get married. Anything before that you're good.

As for what a sin is? Well thats one I'll leave for the big man...

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    ALSO my question to u einstein is WHY IS THAT ? why are 2/3 marriages ending up in divorces !

This is a Western trend. Most sociologists would say the women's rights movement, and the change of traditional family roles in the post-modern era.

Women have changed in the West.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I think its instinctive to cheat on your partner, its natural to want to have more than one sexual partner if it wasn't we wouldn't need a false institution like marriage to help us not to stray. Example being some animals in the wild, lion's, swans and some species of fish mate and stay with that partner for life without ever venturing outside that partner ship, why?. Because its natural for them to do that. So if it was natural for us humans to be faithfull we wouldn't need marriage because it wouldn't enter our thoughts.

However having said all that, I believe its showing the utmost disrespect to your partner and family, to yourself its disrespectfull and highly destructive to your own well being. I've yet to meet one person who's been proud of themselves for having strayed but I know alot of people who are very proud to be married and in a loving relationship.... Go figure!

We as a culture are realizing the inherent superficiality of these customary/obligitory acts. We're leaving behind the "what will the neighbors think?" mentality and doing what is logical. My question to people is this: when a marriage has progressed to a point where two people no longer enjoy each other's company, why are they so compelled to "try and make it work"? I'm not referring to a weekend spat here....I mean the relationship isn't what it was....it's devoid of the very things that were its foundation. People change....that's a given. People are just becoming more cogniscent of this and realizing that just as you, yourself, change, so too can your situation.
    I, all too often, hear, "we're a perfect match"......... Really? The odds of you finding your perfect match at age 19 in Cornstalk, Nebraska (population 135), despite a world population of over 6 billion isn't very good. A lifelong commitment to anything beyond breathing is fairly naive. The person you marry is not the same person in 5, 10, or 50 years, and neither are you. A real relationship is independent of social and cultural "norms"; you stay together because you want to, and you separate because it's best for both of you.

Marriage originated as an "ownership", not a union of "love". It's evolved into what we've convinced ourselves is a union of love, but what it really is is just a default custom....it's what we do. How dare you question it....of course it makes perfect sense

Really? Think about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information