Thread: Scuba Diving

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Scuba Diving

Just wondering if anyone else on the board is into Scuba diving? We're going diving next week in Saint Croix and we're finishing up PADI certification.

List of dives I'd love to do.

1) Shark Dive
    2) Night Dive
    3) Ship Wreck
    4) Wall Dive
    5) Cave Dive

Pictures from Hawaii. Taken with an underwater digital camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scuba Diving-pict0052.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0054.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0051.jpg  

more picts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scuba Diving-pict0049.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0045.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0040.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0039.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0038.jpg  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scuba Diving-pict0031.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0017.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0018.jpg   Scuba Diving-pict0023.jpg  

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey C, ya bro iv been diving since, **** like 15 yrs now. Showing my age... One of my close bros has a boat and we go all the time. Iv done #'s 2,3,and 4. Wreck diving is awsome! Here in South Fl. There are a lot of them. Id love to do a cave dive, but havent had the chance so far. I love to spear fish. Got a 25lb hog fish once. It was yummy...

Is this ur first ocean dive? Ur going to love it bro!! Its a whole other world...Make sure u tell us all about it. Have fun!!

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Hey C, ya bro iv been diving since, **** like 15 yrs now. Showing my age... One of my close bros has a boat and we go all the time. Iv done #'s 2,3,and 4. Wreck diving is awsome! Here in South Fl. There are a lot of them. Id love to do a cave dive, but havent had the chance so far. I love to spear fish. Got a 25lb hog fish once. It was yummy...

Is this ur first ocean dive? Ur going to love it bro!! Its a whole other world...Make sure u tell us all about it. Have fun!!

OG
    This will be my 4th ocean dive. So far I've only gone in Hawaii. My first dive it was pretty freaky. I agree it's like stepping into another world.

Snorkeling picture taken last year. *Warning, I'm small in the pict.* I think 180.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scuba Diving-pict0019.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin

OG
    A 25lb Hawg snapper? Thats huge bro...the biggest one Ive ever shot was 12lbs.....and thats big for hogs down in south Fl..what year was that?

Beautiful pics by the way Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Thanks!

skinnyhb is offline Member
    1,2,4 for me. been to cozumel, mexico and roatan in honduras. pretty awesome. just picked up my first speargun today, and am lookin forward to some huntin. expensive sport though.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Been diving for, well, a long **** time..Since the 80's..I started diving when I was in the Marine's, and have continued to dive very regularly..In fact, I just dove in Nevis, West Indies a month or so ago..BEAUTIFUL!!! Besides being certified through the Navy, I am also NAUI certified as a Dive Master..I have been working on finding the time to get my Instructor rating..Lots of book work and time involved though..Anyway, I will say that the fun has just begun for you..Have fun with it, and be safe!!

Doc M

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I like to do muff diving for snapper fish:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I did go scuba diving a few times in the Bahamas. My sister used to date a guy who owned a dive shop on Nasua(SP?) We went reef diving and also diving for conk shells. I saw a nurse shark up close which was pretty cool. The conk salad we made from the conk was awsome!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Dee-termined is offline Associate Member
    I have my advanced, which allows you to go down 100 feet. It's awesome down there!! Theres a place close by me where you can go down a huge rock wall and check out all the octopus in the cracks, pretty wild, I love it!!

go4gold is offline Member
    dream dive would be to cage dive with the great whites off south africa. I also don't mind the occasional muff dive.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    A 25lb Hawg snapper? Thats huge bro...the biggest one Ive ever shot was 12lbs.....and thats big for hogs down in south Fl..what year was that?

Ya mass the thing was HUGE. I couldnt believe it myself. I hit it right above the gills and it took off like fright train. When i finally got it i had to bear huge it to the surface. This was back in the mid 90's off of Hollywood Bch.

og

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I would like to get into diving, the only thing that keeps from doing it is that in the NE, the water is very dark b/c of the ledge bottom

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I have been snorkleing numerous times and I definietly want to start diving. There is so much more to see.

Carlos?? Have you been diving in Cosumel? I went snorkling there for a day it was absolutely amazing. It is rated as one of the top dive spots in the world. I will try to dig up some pics.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    cozumel was pretty sweet. lots of drift diving which is awesome beceause you can just sit back and let the current take you where you want to go. i got pretty good at air conservation down there. a little too much of an amatuer diving destination though as a lot of the reefs are damaged from divers and such.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    cozumel was pretty sweet. lots of drift diving which is awesome beceause you can just sit back and let the current take you where you want to go. i got pretty good at air conservation down there. a little too much of an amatuer diving destination though as a lot of the reefs are damaged from divers and such.
    I got the same thing in Hawaii. We just stopped swimming and let the current carry us. It was pretty cool. We'd be over 1 spot taking pictures and checking out the scenery them WHAM a current hits us and we're moved over to another spot. We drifting around with the turtles for a while.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    We did Cozumel also. Actually that was my first open water dive. It was real fun and beautiful to but you get tired of looking at coral after awhile. I was kinda hoping for a shark or something. We dove with some other tourists with their expensive neon colored wetsuits and digital underwater cameras. I wore a t'shirt and shorts with rented gear. Our first dive was 100' down. This was my first dive outside of a swimming pool and they ran out of air first.

Thread Information