JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent

Irish Smoking Ban

Did you guys hear they are banning smoking in all public buildings in Ireland? Including that 1,000,000,000,000 pubs they probably have down there.

Bump

HaHa...No one cares

decadbal is offline Banned
    smoking should be illegal everywhere...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMSilviaSpecR
    HaHa...No one cares
    No one cares. They banned smoking in restaurants and bars here in NYC and guess what ... the bars make more money. Think about it. There are more people who do not smoke than smokers. Most non smokers hate going to bars because of the smoke.

I think smoking should be banned from all public places including out doors. Let them do that $hit in their homes or on their own property.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    No one cares. They banned smoking in restaurants and bars here in NYC and guess what ... the bars make more money. Think about it. There are more people who do not smoke than smokers. Most non smokers hate going to bars because of the smoke.

I think smoking should be banned from all public places including out doors. Let them do that $hit in their homes or on their own property.
    I don't advocate smoking...but Carlos is there anyone in your eyes that is allowed to have rights besides afro Americans or Latins?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I don't advocate smoking...but Carlos is there anyone in your eyes that is allowed to have rights besides afro Americans or Latins?
    Asians...but they are not in LOTR!

It's a great ban, in 2005 we will get the same laws here in Sweden, i love it!

Asians...but they are not in LOTR!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..............I forgot about that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Don't be a $hit head. You forgot Asian, gays and non-southern white people.

stack-a-licious is offline Associate Member
    smoking is gay... my eyes get all dried out in a bar where everyone is smoking... smoking should be banned from earth... only to be allowed on other planets...

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    It's a great ban, in 2005 we will get the same laws here in Sweden, i love it!
    Congrats!

It's nice to go out and not have your eyes burning from some asshole next to you smoking.

Don't be a $hit head. You forgot Asian, gays and non-southern white people.
    OOOOPPPPPPSSSS...........my bad!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    They have had that bann here for a few years now....it's nice not waking up and your room smells of smoke, your cloths smell, your skin and hair smell too...it's nice. However, I smoke when I drink...but i have no problem going outside and doing it....I don't want to ruin anyone's night with my vice's....shiat, they even banned smoking on the beach where I live includeing the other three next to it....and now Santa Monica wants to do it as well..... it's nice though.....

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Well this is the first weekend where the ban is in force, I'm off to work very shortly so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm being brought in 2 hours early tonight because there's been trouble already today!.
    I suspect getting Irish people to respect this law is going to be awhile lot different than Americans. We have a much stronger pub culture here, plus we ain't called 'The fighting Irish' for nothing.

Should be fun!.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Well this is the first weekend where the ban is in force, I'm off to work very shortly so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm being brought in 2 hours early tonight because there's been trouble already today!.
    I suspect getting Irish people to respect this law is going to be awhile lot different than Americans. We have a much stronger pub culture here, plus we ain't called 'The fighting Irish' for nothing.

Should be fun!.
    grand, the craic sounds good ah.

Well first night worked under the ban. There was some bitching but no trouble, I've no smell of smoke from my clothes and I'm not coughing up sh*t this morning. But the down side, there was absolutely no athmospher in the pub tonight, some people likened it to an American bar. Dull and boring, but the American tourists loved it!. We have a beer garden out the back for the summer, most people brought their drinks out there where their allowed to smoke and drank out in the rain and cold.

Time will tell if its a good thing, oh and I was pestered with drunks on the front door talking bullsh*t to me all night.

Well first night worked under the ban. There was some bitching but no trouble, I've no smell of smoke from my clothes and I'm not coughing up sh*t this morning. But the down side, there was absolutely no athmospher in the pub tonight, some people likened it to an American bar. Dull and boring, but the American tourists loved it!. We have a beer garden out the back for the summer, most people brought their drinks out there where their allowed to smoke and drank out in the rain and cold.
    What a great feeling huh? Not smelling like a ashtray.

Time will tell if its a good thing, oh and I was pestered with drunks on the front door talking bullsh*t to me all night.
    I got that last night too, i hate drunks!

Palme wait untill your bouncing 17 yrs!...

But yes its nice not smelling like ****, the suit I wore last night can be worn again tonight, makes a change. As for hating drunking, I'm an aspiring alcoholic myself so I won't stand in judgement over them

Hahaha! Good bro we need to set up high goals for ourselves

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    seems like there hitting smoking bands everywhere.my hometown is having a temp one right now too see how it works,i guess ppl there r really pissed.

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    I'm an aspiring alcoholic myself so I won't stand in judgement over them

I'm not an alcoholic.... Alcoholics go to meetings!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    in california they are trying to make it illegal to smoke a public beaches...

i like the idea............
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    No one cares. They banned smoking in restaurants and bars here in NYC and guess what ... the bars make more money. .
    They Def lost money because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234
    They Def lost money because of that.
    Not true. From what I've read, the bars and restaurants are making more money with the smoking ban.

Ok just finished a Saturday night on the door, had two fights over smoking and spent a few hours in the police station charged with assault. Oh, plus my car was beat up too, and I'm the asshole getting charged!, go fcuking figure.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Smokers are the scourge of the earth. Had the same probs when they first banned that crap here also. People just don't like being told that they can't do something......especially if they think they have a right to do it. Hope this little legal fiasco works out ok for you.

Ok just finished a Saturday night on the door, had two fights over smoking and spent a few hours in the police station charged with assault. Oh, plus my car was beat up too, and I'm the asshole getting charged!, go fcuking figure.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Smokers are the scourge of the earth. Had the same probs when they first banned that crap here also. People just don't like being told that they can't do something......especially if they think they have a right to do it. Hope this little legal fiasco works out ok for you.
    A girl said she would complain cause i told her to get her foot down from a chair, she didnt like being told what to do either and got all pissy with me, another girl asked me if i knew who her father was after i told them they were to many in the toilet (3 girls), i said no and she said he had all this power bla bla, i wasent impressed and told her he could call me if he wanted to. She said she would be nice to me and wouldnt tell him

Maroon is offline Junior Member
    I don't smoke and can't stand the scent, but I believe that the business should have the final say as to whether or not it wants to be smoking or non-smoking.....not some government policy. Personally, I don't go to restaurants that allow smoking (sorry Waffle House). If nonsmokers would boycott businesses that allowed smoking, a decrease in business would force them to change their smoking policy. Just a thought.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer

sean224 is offline Junior Member
    I work in Nightclubs in Belfast and ****ing hate smoking. I go home every night smelling like sh*t and with a huge lump in my throat that I can never get rid of or swallow. I have know idea what it is. And the amount of mucus created by my throat is quadrupled. I just wish they would bring that law into the north. Can't wait until it happens.
    Until then I'm contemplating moving to Dublin for a while. LOL. Wish I could.

sean224 is offline Junior Member
    I also think parents who smoke in there houses should be brought up for child abuse. If they want to smoke in ther houses then don't have kids, if you do then do it outside. Think of the damage your doing to your children. It really pisses me of when smokers think they are the only ones with rights. Don't forget smokers are the ones who are commiting the actions and disturbing the peace. If you want to do something you have to get permmision of the people around you incase you are disturbing them. They have rights also. Would it be acceptable to have sex in the middle of the street?

Sorry about that, I just needed to get that of my chest. I just really hate this "smoker's rights" crap.

It's illegal to smoke in Malibu (California Beaches) and a few other beaches retroactive to 2 weeks.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no snmoking in any public building up here, no bars restraunts nothing. I think its great, seeing I am a reformed smoker

Ah, this old thread...

Well here's the up to date situ here, 2 months on. The bars are losing money hand over fist, before the smoking ban I worked 23 hours over the weekend, I'm now down to 14 hrs and there's talk of reducing that further. The owner also had to let one barman go and put another on part time work. I work in Dublin city centre, Sean you've probably heard of TempleBar, its where I work. I'd say 80% of our business is tourist. Like I said earlier, the Americans love it because you don't have the same pub culture the Brits and Irish do. But (and this is not mean't in a disrectfull way) you wouldn't want to live on what American tourists spend!, its only a rumour their as tight as a camels ass in a sand storm. Also recently 4 pubs and clubs have closed because of lack of business, IN IRELAND!!. I've NEVER heard of a pub closing in Ireland!.

What else!.. Mmmm, the pavements are filthy with cigarette ends and its disgusting to see a hundred people outside on the pavement smoking. One barman has been stabbed when he asked a customer to leave the bar with his smoke, Sean it was in the media here you might have heard. Overall its been a disaster, our business is down maybe 40%. But the public face the Government put on it it looks all rosey!. I'll be lucky to be working in my present bar this time next year.

Thread Information