Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

Rant.. of my own...

I'm so dam worried about the rest of my life.. it at times keeps me up all night. i'm attempting pre med currently yet im scared ****less of not making it to med school. then if i don't wtf am i going to do? i go to a decent school even though i have much greater potential yet no $$ to act on it. im work in a ER and i love it so much that sometimes i go in just to hang out and look at procedures on incoming trumans, cardiac, etc. Speaking of work my supervisor is horrible she dislikes me for the simple fact that im a 19 year old white kid who seems to be spolied, yet she doesn't know about all the lost vacations i spent doing construction to have the money to seem "spolied". i cant leave my job since it pays me fifteen dollars an hour with no educational requierments and gives me medical/dental/optical insurance along with 2 weeks of vacation and holidays, on top of being around what i love to do. Im the youngest one at my job and i get a lot of shi.t for it on top of been taken advantage of. At times like these all i can think of is my ****ty ass 3.34 gpa and being a fuc.king looser for the rest of my pittyful life. i just had to get that out and being that its 4:17 am i dont want to wake people up.. thanks.

elliot..

ttuPrincess Guest
    hey Im here for ya.. they say high school is the hardest time of your life.. hell i think its much harder being in college.. I mean in HS we atleast had 4 more years to pick something and get our heads on staright.. now everyone is expecting everything.. and people wonder why we drink so much.. lol.. ok well most college students anyway.....

elly hun.. everything will fall into place.. dont worry.. if not yu can move to Texas.. its all good!!

Hey Ill be on AIM/AOL for a while if you need me ok!!!!
    Princess

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    You are one step ahead of the game: You have a job you actually like going to. That is hard to find. You will do fine if you enjoy it that much.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea bro, alot of ppl will never get a 3rd of the oppurtunities you have either got or earned, so relax and focus on creatin a life from them, not worrying if you gonna .. good luck bro, head in the books..

Matty is offline Junior Member
    I'd say as long as you get a degree you'll do ok. It seems most employers in my area are simply looking for those who have a degree - doesn't really matter what it's in. Hell, I have a sociology degree and work as an IT project manager in a top 3 pharmaceutical company - go figure...

Of course, if you are applying for a position that requires a specific degree, the above does not apply.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    WOW you sound like your having a tough time! I dont have it as hard as you but i can still relate. You should see some of my housemates, the laziest buggers ever, they do hardly any work and never get a job due to the fact their parents buy them everything.
    When you become a doctor do we get free medical advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    I'm so dam worried about the rest of my life.. it at times keeps me up all night. i'm attempting pre med currently yet im scared ****less of not making it to med school. then if i don't wtf am i going to do? i go to a decent school even though i have much greater potential yet no $$ to act on it. im work in a ER and i love it so much that sometimes i go in just to hang out and look at procedures on incoming trumans, cardiac, etc. Speaking of work my supervisor is horrible she dislikes me for the simple fact that im a 19 year old white kid who seems to be spolied, yet she doesn't know about all the lost vacations i spent doing construction to have the money to seem "spolied". i cant leave my job since it pays me fifteen dollars an hour with no educational requierments and gives me medical/dental/optical insurance along with 2 weeks of vacation and holidays, on top of being around what i love to do. Im the youngest one at my job and i get a lot of shi.t for it on top of been taken advantage of. At times like these all i can think of is my ****ty ass 3.34 gpa and being a fuc.king looser for the rest of my pittyful life. i just had to get that out and being that its 4:17 am i dont want to wake people up.. thanks.

elliot..

If you haven't yet taken the MCAT, don't worry so much about the other factors. Not to put additional pressure on you, but rather to give you more hope, great MCAT scores can overshadow all else, despite what admissions commitees may tell you.. My advice to you....take a full-length MCAT practice test at least every other Saturday until the test date. if you're taking the Aug test, you still have plenty of time.
    The MCAT can be your saving grace (not that you're not in the running as is), but so many schools have statistical cutoffs, whether they be explicit or tacit, your main concern should be GPA and MCAT, so that you get interviews. After that, it's up to you to sell yourself......without those initial numbers, they won't even grant you that opportunity.

Thread Information