juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member

problems with dress shirts

Hey guys i gotta do some work at a office that im doing business with... anyways im laid back when it comes to dressing since i own my business, but now i have to act professional. This is the first time ive needed dress shirts since ive started my cycle. None of my old ones fit and im having a hard time finding off the shelf ones. In order for them to fit my neck, back and arms (circumference)... its to baggy every where else and the arms are to long. Anyone got a different company to shop at or any ideas? I dont want to look like i cant dress myself since my cloths dont fit right lol

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    time for custom tailoring!

ColdSore is offline Banned
    had the same problem the other day when getting my wedding cloths...finally found some brand that had "fitted" shirts"...still kinda baggy after i tucked it in, but looked much better...but it still doesnt taper tight to my body like i want...

you learn quick that dress clothes are centered towards fat a$$ white corporate america, and the fat pencil pushers...rediculas...someone should start a clothing line called "Big Legs, Wide Back, Small waist"

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I have just had all my shirts made I picked evrything from collars to cuffs it cost about $90 a piece but its worth looking better than the next guy. Thats why we do what we do anyway

decadbal is offline Banned
    my shirts fit like crap..

id like to look into custom ones, but dont know where to look

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    go to a tailor and get your measurements and then go to a dept store and buy off the shelf. You're getting big but you're not ronnie coleman yet. they have shirts that will fit you.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    go to a tailor and get your measurements and then go to a dept store and buy off the shelf. You're getting big but you're not ronnie coleman yet. they have shirts that will fit you.
    oh no doubt im not ronnie or even anything remotely close to that, but i am short and i do like to look good in my dress cloths so i dont want sleeves to long and a ton of extra material that makes it baggy

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Get shirts that say "athletic cut" or "fitted" on them. I get all mine from Geoffery Beane or Perry Ellis.....I have a 17 1/2 inch neck with 32 sleeve...they fit incredibly and you won't have to get them tailored.....Filene's carries the shirts in stock.....

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    Get shirts that say "athletic cut" or "fitted" on them. I get all mine from Geoffery Beane or Perry Ellis.....I have a 17 1/2 inch neck with 32 sleeve...they fit incredibly and you won't have to get them tailored.....Filene's carries the shirts in stock.....
    I was just going to say something like that. When shopping for dress shirts, mojority of the time they do not come in S,M,L. you find your neck size and sleeve length, I am not sure about chest size but when I did buy shirts i use to get them in the size above with no problems. All mojor desiners build their shirts like that.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

thanks ill try those brands!

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I was just going to say something like that. When shopping for dress shirts, mojority of the time they do not come in S,M,L. you find your neck size and sleeve length, I am not sure about chest size but when I did buy shirts i use to get them in the size above with no problems. All mojor desiners build their shirts like that.
    The problem is I take a 34/35 with a 17.5 in collay and the body of the shirt is for fat albert, Im no Ronnie either but in my biz looks make ya or break ya, I refuse to have anyone ever out dress me or have to feel insecure about my apperence. The tailor shop is the way to go, you pick everything its awsome

what number is 34/35 refuring to?

i think length of the arm

uggg i just got back from "shopping"... no luck yet. Im going to try a few different malls

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    I feel the pain bro ... I'm 5'9" barely with a 17-1/2 neck and 32" waist. When you buy a dress shirt that fits this size neck it's like buying an XL shirt ... it looks sloppy and could almost double as a dress because its so long and baggy.

I take the shirts to a tailor .. for $7 they taper the sides for a better fit. Just a thought!

oh by the way .. Perry Ellis dress shirts have an unusual taper at the top of the sleeve near the shoulder ... now I have large shoulders anyway but the taper makes the shoulders look freakin hugh! Every time I go into see a client with a PE dress shirt on I always get comments on "how big I am" or "man you've really been working out" Nice ego booster to make a sales rep day!
    Last edited by OverDrive; 06-14-2004 at 09:46 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    express makes one that is cotton/spandex mix... dark colors....

taperd around the lats... and waist..

i love the feel of these shirts too.................
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    express makes one that is cotton/spandex mix... dark colors....

taperd around the lats... and waist..

i love the feel of these shirts too.................
    Yea i loved those... i had a bunch of them, but those are the ones that no longer fit

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Ok apparently some people missed this.....buy FITTED dress shirts. They have less material around the waist and are made for people that workout and have a slimer waist. Geoffery Beane makes them and you can get them at FILENES...

Ok apparently some people missed this.....buy FITTED dress shirts. They have less material around the waist and are made for people that workout and have a slimer waist. Geoffery Beane makes them and you can get them at FILENES...

Did you say something?

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    i feel ya bro. im a personal trainer and i jsut got promoted to run the department, so now instead of wearing a polo and workout pants which i have done so for the past 4 years, i have to wear a tie and dress slack every day. nothing fits. i look like a fatass in my shirts and it ****ing sucks!!!

Hey man you can also try FITTED dress shirts. They taper at the waist.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    fitted dress shirts to fit better, but they still have no much material for it to fit like i would like on me...

Farmer is offline Member
    I was doing a presentation in front of the class the other day and as I reached forward to grab my notes off the podeum I almost pulled a "fat guy in a little coat" and split my shirt up the back...rofl

Peace

Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer
    I was doing a presentation in front of the class the other day and as I reached forward to grab my notes off the podeum I almost pulled a "fat guy in a little coat" and split my shirt up the back...rofl

Peace

Farmer
    lmao yea thats how i knew it was time to get new shirts... when i tried going to a ceremony... put on a shirt and couldnt move... then had to find someone to help me take it off lol

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer

Peace

Farmer

that must have been a cool feeling! were you embarressed at all?

Thread Information