Thread: raw eggs

DavidJoseph is offline New Member

raw eggs

what are the pros and cons of eating raw eggs??? do they pack on lbs or what?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    ...besides bacteria?

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Just drink portien shakes or egg whites.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear salmonella is good for cutting.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i drink raw eggs in a milkshake when im bulking. i do 2 cups of milk, 6 egg whites, 2 full eggs, and 2 huge scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream. the sh-t taste soooo freaking good and its like 1000 calories right in the morning. i also eat normal cereal with this or something like that. ive never gotten sick from it, and ive been doing it for years

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    i drink raw eggs in a milkshake when im bulking. i do 2 cups of milk, 6 egg whites, 2 full eggs, and 2 huge scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream. the sh-t taste soooo freaking good and its like 1000 calories right in the morning. i also eat normal cereal with this or something like that. ive never gotten sick from it, and ive been doing it for years
    Exactly how I make it. Never got salminila yet. It takes some getting used to though. If I havent eating raw eggs in a couple of weeks and then put four in my shake, I will have to go ka ka for awhile. 6 eggs is like 400 calories rigth off the bat. Cant beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Exactly how I make it. Never got salminila yet. It takes some getting used to though. If I havent eating raw eggs in a couple of weeks and then put four in my shake, I will have to go ka ka for awhile. 6 eggs is like 400 calories rigth off the bat. Cant beat it.
    and its way freaking cheaper then weight gainer, and dont taste like paste

Da Bull is offline Banned
    If an egg isn't cracked,it's free of disease unless passed on by the hen.I've been eating raw eggs for over 20 years and NEVER once became ill.Please show me documentation to back up your facts that it's danderous.I've actually had doctors tell me to take raw eggs when I had liver issues years ago...I'll be waiting patiently for your facts.

and honestly if i did get salminila, i wouldnt even know, i have no idea what the signs are lol

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    ...besides bacteria?
    BULLSH!T

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    They can contain bactria if handled wrong, ie leaving them unrefridgerated.. but if it managed to make it from the chickens anus to your glass with being refridgerated properly you will be fine..

The somenila stuff happens more with maynoiase that is left out, chicken that is left out too long etc..........

But I really don't see why ppl don't just cook them. From what dbull and JStomper say i guess they do it because its more convient to blend and drink then cook and eat. Understandable..

I took Human nutrition in unveristy for a year. ALot of my one class was on food handling, food poisoning, proper cooking etc...
    you would not beleive some of the shiit you can get from EVERY peice of food and every drop of liquid... You can get somonalia from freackin lettuce... there was a huge out break of it in this one area of a country (not a 3rd world) when they recived a shippment in there grocery store that was washed in tainted water where they were harvested. The water the was used to wash it was taken too close to a farmers cow feild.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    The symptoms are food poisoning - lots of vomiting.

Da Bull, you're right. With proper handling, there is nothing wrong with raw eggs. The problem arises if the egg is cracked or if it has not been kept refrigerated during it's entire shipping/storage. The same thing goes for ground beef. People eat steak tartar which is raw and when it's handled properly, it is fine for you. However, if it is handled improperly, bad things can happen - like e colli.

oh ya, you will greatly reduce the chances of getting bacteria if you wash your eggs well with some anitbacteria soap before cracking... in the nutirtion course I took they recomend this even if you are planning on cooking the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside

I took Human nutrition in unveristy for a year. ALot of my one class was on food handling, food poisoning, proper cooking etc...
    you would not beleive some of the shiit you can get from EVERY peice of food and every drop of liquid... You can get somonalia from freackin lettuce... there was a huge out break of it in this one area of a country (not a 3rd world) when they recived a shippment in there grocery store that was washed in tainted water where they were harvested. The water the was used to wash it was taken too close to a farmers cow feild.
    I took a food safety course about 2 yrs ago as well.Interesting course.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think you're all disgusting!! Raw eggs..You guys watched Rocky too many times!!

Doc M

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    I think you're all disgusting!! Raw eggs..You guys watched Rocky too many times!!

Doc M

Agreed..... Raw eggs = YUCK

<<LMO>>

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    mix them with a shake....they just make it thicker.....don't really taste them or i've just gotten used to them...

It's amazing that all that posted in this thread have reported NO illness due to eating raw eggs.If you listened to a few(2) in this thread,we all should be posting from our coffins!!!!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Actyaully i might start eating raw eggs i need more quality time on the bowl. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    It's amazing that all that posted in this thread have reported NO illness due to eating raw eggs.If you listened to a few(2) in this thread,we all should be posting from our coffins!!!!
    Are you angry all the time?

BDTR is offline Retired
    I've never seen anyone so fiercly defend raw eggs.

On that note... if im trying to gain weight FAST, ill go through a dozen or two in a day in my shakes, and im still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Are you angry all the time?

Just seems like he's always angry. Maybe it's just my interpretation.

barbarian is offline Banned
    good to know its safe...im gona try a afterworkout shake now with raw eggs..

Barbarian- its only safe if they were handled from the chickens arse to your glass properly. You don't know that unless you got them straight from the chickens anus yourself... but for sake of arugmeent i wouldn't be worried, its like playing russian roulette ha... the odds are very low you will get a bad egg.. even if you do the worst that woudl happen to healthy people like us is flu like sympotms

BDTR is offline Retired
    Not a favorable choice for PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian
    good to know its safe...im gona try a afterworkout shake now with raw eggs..

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Just use Homogenized eggs and you won't have to worry about salmonella. They cost a little more but it's worth it.

helios is offline Associate Member
    yah seriously Egg Beaters is the way to go

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    wow, my cousin has been drinking raw egg whites (8-10) mixed with a cup of raw oatmeal every morning for past 6 years i think, and never sick from it ever... i thought it was just him im going to give it a try too

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Heres some good info on eating raw eggs...

OG

Raw eggs for health
    I highly recommend consuming raw eggs as a way of making sure you get high quality protein and fats into your diet.

Why would anyone eat the eggs in a raw form? Heating the egg protein actually changes its chemical shape, and it is this change in the protein structure which can easily be a cause of allergies. The heating also destroys many of the nutrients and proteins found inside the egg.

What usually pops in people's minds when you talk about raw eggs are the risks of being infected with salmonella.

There is no doubt that salmonella is a serious infection. Its symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, feve, chills. The symptoms of salmonella food poisoning can strike anyone, but they're more likely to hit 3 groups: the elderly; children; and people with HIV, cancer, or other diseases which impair the immune system.

Salmonella is usually a self-limiting illness in healthy people
    However the truth is that salmonella is generally a benign self-limiting illness in healthy people. The key principle to keep in mind here is that if you are healthy a salmonella infection is not a big deal. You may feel sick and have loose stools for a day or 2, but this infection is easily treated by using high-quality probiotics which contain friendly bacteria. Take some probiotics every 30 minutes until you start to feel better, and in most cases your condition will improve within a few hours.

The risk of salmonella infection is usually only present in traditionally raised commercial hens. If one purchases ones eggs from healthy chickens, the risk of infection is dramatically reduced. It's important to note that only sick chickens lay salmonella-contaminated eggs. If you purchase high quality, cage-free, organically fed, chicken eggs, the risks are dramatically reduced.

If one looks at studies which have been done to analyse the risks of contracting salmonella from raw eggs, it is surprising to find out how low this risk actually is. A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002 (Risk Analysis April 2002 22(2):203-18) indicates that only 2.3 million, out of the 69 billion eggs produced annually, are contaminated with salmonella.

So this really means that only 0.003 % of eggs are infected. Viewed another way, only 1 in every 30,000 eggs is contaminated with salmonella, which shows how uncommon this problem actually is.

Based on those numbers, the average person would come across a contaminated egg only once in 42 years.

What about the biotin-deficiency risks from eating too many raw egg whites?
    Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called "avidin" which binds biotin - one of the B vitamins - very effectively. The cooking process deactivates the avidin in the egg, much the same way it deactivates every other protein in the egg white.

While it is true that eating too many raw egg whites by themselves will cause you to suffer from a biotin deficiency, the fact is that nature created the egg in such a way that its yolk is very rich in biotin. One of the highest concentration in nature. Eat the egg whole together with the egg white and you will be fine.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I through some egg whites in my shake -- it is pre packed egg whites so i don't have to crack each one open.

Dmize9 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helios
    yah seriously Egg Beaters is the way to go
    Not as many calories in eggbeaters as there is whole raw eggs.

worldman is offline New Member

raw eggs

I drink 10-12 raw egg whites in the morning and the same at night and have been doing so for six months. I haven't gotten sick yet. But if I do it will be worth it.

I also drink a few cartons of pasteurized egg-whites every day... each carton is 250ml, and contains 25g of nice protein.

I just drink it straight, it has NO taste, but it's texture does take some getting used to, but its no worse than slurping raw oysters.

Red

decadbal is offline Banned
    usually eggs that are cold and taken care of never have anything in them, broken or cracked eggs are dangerous

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Here's the deal...

As long as they're pasturized, you're okay and risk free. The only problem is some people get gas and some serious diarhhea, but besides that you won't drop dead.

If you find yourself getting some stomach aches and nasty gas, just lower your protein consumption per meal. (EX. 50g Protein from raw egg whites to 25g Protein).

dannyisaacs is offline Member
    eating eggs rore does it have the same protein in it as cooked. i know it is a dum ass question but i dont know

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Here's the deal...

As long as they're pasturized, you're okay and risk free. The only problem is some people get gas and some serious diarhhea,
    im going to start eating them then, ive been constipated for 3 years

Thread Information