Thread: 30 second rule

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

30 second rule

When i was living in halls (dear go i have to talk past tense now ) Money was tight so we diddnt like to waste things. So as a result we instigated the 30 second rule. If a peice of food fell on the floor we had 30 seconds to recover it before it was classed as dirty. I once ate some onion rings out from the bin they werent bad. Ahh the good old days.
    Anyone else have a simmilar rule?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Sure but mines about 20 seconds less then urs...

OG

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    wow, you must have had good reactions. our was 30 seconds cos we were so pissed it took a while to figure out where the food had rolled to.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes im hungry and some food that I was lookin forward to eating big time falls on the floor, ill say FCK IT and give it a good minute before its deemed bad. lol

-ost

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Sometimes im hungry and some food that I was lookin forward to eating big time falls on the floor, ill say FCK IT and give it a good minute before its deemed bad. lol

-ost

same here, it will just give your imune system some practice

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a 3 second rule, f-ck 30 seconds lol

butterface is offline Banned
    Yeah I got a 30 second rule. If some chicks passed for 30 seconds or more jump on top of her and do your business. I'm done in 30 seconds or less anyways. Just kidding folks I dont take advantage of drunken women But my rule is if its falls on something clean then I can eat it. But if its meat or something thats potentially sticky and can pick up debris then I must wash it.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    in 30 seconds a homless man would piss on it in nyc.. so yeah i kind of have the dont let the homeless pee on it rule..

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    in 30 seconds a homless man would piss on it in nyc.. so yeah i kind of have the dont let the homeless pee on it rule..

Elliot I told you to stop pissing on **** people drop.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Elliot I told you to stop pissing on **** people drop.

<<LMO>>

hey mike maybe if got of the pipe you might loose the shakes you get.. so inturn i wont have to piss on **** you drop.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Elliot =

<<LMO>>

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....

Elliot =

<<LMO>>

lol.. they aways told me that homosexuals express them selves better visualy do to thier crativity.. now if mikey isnt the most crative guy on the board..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    lol.. they aways told me that homosexuals express them selves better visualy do to thier crativity.. now if mikey isnt the most crative guy on the board..

Creative.... probably not. Biggest homosexual award goes to you though No one will ever take your title. haha....

<<LMO>>

Creative.... probably not. Biggest homosexual award goes to you though No one will ever take your title. haha....

<<LMO>>

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I once bought a foot long steak and cheese, extra steak and cheese... got it made my way of course.. walked out of the store whirling the bag in circles overhead.. i was kinda makin fun of my buddy who only got a 6 inch meatball... then karma hit and the bottom of the bag blew apart and the sub flew out all over the road. I was 16 or 17 and not a rich guy... It took alot of willpower to walk away from that sub... it cost round 10$ (can.) if i recall correctly.

moods is offline Junior Member
    i try and stickj with the 5 second rule, 30 seconds is far too long for your food to be sitting in nasty a$$ grime

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    When i was living in halls (dear go i have to talk past tense now ) Money was tight so we diddnt like to waste things. So as a result we instigated the 30 second rule. If a peice of food fell on the floor we had 30 seconds to recover it before it was classed as dirty. I once ate some onion rings out from the bin they werent bad. Ahh the good old days.
    That's actually a very old restaurant rule.Ask any chef,they'll tell you.I've heard fish is the only thing that this rule doesn't apply to,since it can't survive the impact after hitting the kitchen mats.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    That's actually a very old restaurant rule.Ask any chef,they'll tell you.I've heard fish is the only thing that this rule doesn't apply to,since it can't survive the impact after hitting the kitchen mats.
    I hate you.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    I hate you.
    As do I....that's gross DB lol...

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Unless someone or thing has stepped,sneezed,pissed,spit or defecated on it I would eat it after 5 minutes or more.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime

with me it was 5 secs. if food fell i had 5 secs to retreive it before it got contaminated.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    I once bought a foot long steak and cheese, extra steak and cheese... got it made my way of course.. walked out of the store whirling the bag in circles overhead.. i was kinda makin fun of my buddy who only got a 6 inch meatball... then karma hit and the bottom of the bag blew apart and the sub flew out all over the road. I was 16 or 17 and not a rich guy... It took alot of willpower to walk away from that sub... it cost round 10$ (can.) if i recall correctly.
    One of the funniest things I heard tonight,

VIXI is offline Female Member
    8 second rule...til then ...god made dirt and dirt don't hurt...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Im sorry but if you are too lazy to pick something up after it falls on the ground then it deserves to stay on the ground. What do you do for 30 seconds? Do you just stare at it? WTF dont you pick it up? If my **** ice cream falls on the ground, sure as hell better bet Im gonna pick it up and eat it. Unless it fell in a pile of shlt, but how often do you stand in a pile of shlt?
    Half the time, your hands are dirtier than the ground.
    How many times do you go to an amusement park, touch the railings, hold onto the railings. The same railing that SNEEZING, cold infested kids have been hanging on for the past 20 years. Then you go and buy yourself a cheeseburger and fries and pick up all that food with your hands and fingers. You get ketchup on your fingers and then you LICK and suck the ketchup off your fingers.

COME ON. Grow up, pick up the food and fvckin eat it and quit worrying about what other people think.

Thread Information