Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member

Good bench for home for cheap

I'm looking at getting a bench for home cuz the **** gym always seems to be closed when i'm not working and open when I am. Anyway I'd like an adjustable one(so i can do incline and flat) that is pretty sturdy but wont be putting 2 much weight on it(300 max probably) since I won't have a spotter. Also need an olympic bar, weights, and maybe some dumbells. All on a broke college student budget. Suggestions guys? Should I order it online or be cheaper just 2 go to academy or something? Any brands liked or disliked?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quit griping and go to the **** gym on campus. Actually if ya had the time and could make it to NB, I'd get ya in my gym.... the manager is cool as hell. Academy you can buy an actual olympic bench, bar and about 300 lbs of weight for a good deal. I thought about it but I have no place to put it.

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    Check to see if you have a "Play it again sports" around you.....they have good cheap used and some new equipment. as for the olympic bar, academy is a good bet....this time of year there are a ton of sales going on for sports equipment. (new year "I want to get in shape thing")

Bigtex: The stupid campus gym is closed till school opens again and even when it's open it's crowded as s*** the times when I can go in. What time does the one in NB close? I usually workout around 10:30. I'm going to have to go to academy and check that out... any idea on the price? I'm tired of feeling like I only get 3 workouts in a week cuz the sh**ty gym doesn't feel like being open. WE NEED a 24 hour fitness here.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Sorry.... the gym closes here at 10pm bro. As for price range, I looked when they were on sale. I couldn't tell ya what it is now.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    is there a "play it again sports" chain where you live? is so, they have great prices on used equipment for all sports.
    -Cy

slamd097 is offline Banned
    hey lets hear it again for ****ing Play it again sprots!!

I'll check into a play it again... i haven't seen one in san marcos but maybe sa or austin have one....

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Is there a 24/7 Fitness center around your area bro? I can get you in for free.

no I wish there was THe closest one is in austin like 45 mins away. I used to go to one in houston and loved it... thanks though!

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Is there a 24/7 Fitness center around your area bro? I can get you in for free.
    OK, Im digging up old threads, but I was looking to buy a home gym, but would love to get hooked up at 24/7. You still looking to hook a brother up!

L8

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlocRoc
    OK, Im digging up old threads, but I was looking to buy a home gym, but would love to get hooked up at 24/7. You still looking to hook a brother up!

L8

Bro hoss has been banned like for ever

Thread Information