tonytone is offline Anabolic Member

applying for a job.......

So I am senior at a local university, and will be going to grad school next summer. I am moving to the area the school is located and was looking for a part time job that was close to home. I got an interview at a low carb grocery type store. Seemed like an alright job. While in the interview the lady was asking about my diet. I explained about switching between bulking and cutting diets, and my current diet. She then tells me that since I am not actually ON the atkins diet, I am not a good candidate for the job. Now keep in mind, this is for a part time sales position. She then begins to explain all this nutritional/diet info to me, and keeps saying "this is for your own personal info..", and "well i disagree with that". I was 2 steps away from strangling her. Is that the most ignorant thing you have ever heard? I said "so you mean to tell me that I cannot learn all there is to know and be able to pass that along to customers??" She says they want people who "embrace" the diet. At this point im pissed and bring up the 2 chubby sales people that were in the store when I entered. I said "well I can't tell if your current employees are on the atkins diet or not, or any diet for that matter, but I think that I would at least look better than them, and in a short amount of time would know everything you want me to." Needless to say at about this point I knew I wouldn't be working there. She forces a smile and says "thanks for applying" and I just walked off. Some people need to be slapped.....

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    ... kinda feel bad for those two employees, but i probably would've done the same. Some people just need to be put in place sometimes!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    your silly.. i would of just lied and told her how i have a huge shrine of atkins memrobilia at the house..

wasnt trying to be mean, just pointing out what i saw wrong with her statement. We were in the office so the other employees could not hear

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    your silly.. i would of just lied and told her how i have a huge shrine of atkins memrobilia at the house..

I didnt think for one second that it was necessary for me to actually be on the diet, thats why i told her i was not on it

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Dude, it was a sales job. You don't apply for a job at the Ford shop and proceed to inform the interviewer that Ford's are POS.

Sales = spoonfeed people what they want to hear

ColdSore is offline Banned
    thats fukkin gay...kinda like the time i tried to get a job at GNC for about 2 weeks and the lady kept saying she was gonna fire someone...walked in a week later and a little 5'5'' tub of goo tried selling me the new liquid creatine bull****...lol...so i asked "are you new"...and i got this reply..."im new to gnc, but i have alot of personal experiences with all of these supplements...i have been working out for a long time now"...funniest **** i had heard in awhile...

comes to show you that 99% of the people that talk the talk, dont walk the walk...

i would of told that lady she should try going high carb to get rid of that "3rd" chin...that would have gotten her in a frenzy...lol

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Never tell anyone in an interview what you actually think, feel the situation and ride with it dont buck it. Nver tekk anyone your opinion that you are trying to sell, at an interview your selling yourself. Always walk in stand tall own the moment, never be unsure of what your answer is even if its wrong allow them to think they changed your mind if you know you were wrong, never argue a point with a interviewer/customer. Always remember "you" have the golden touch no matter what you do it will spin into gold.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    when i was in uni i had a job interview for GNC. Diddnt get hired for some reason??? they hired this tubby girl instead. Go figure. Anyway i saw it as a personal favour because i then got a job in a gym which was way better

Thread Information