mass junkie is offline banned

How would you react in this situation?

I was talking with a guy today and for some odd reason he felt the desire to tell me that he was HIV positive....and I totally froze......My mind was racing with all of the things that I know about HIV but I stood there totally unable to carry on with the conversation and all I kept thinking about was getting away from him.. its weird what goes through your mind when put in certain situations....I know that must make me a shallow person......I totally freaked out..... Have you guys and guys ever been in a similar situation where you were caught off guard like that?

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you know this guy well? If you don't, that is an odd thing for someone to volunteer up in a conversation.

I don't know man, HIV is a scary thing. I may have lost my train of thought as well.

D

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Well since this is something very personal I figure he confides in you and he considers you a close friend. If you feel the same way just support him and be there for him when he needs you. I would more than likely be lost for words too. If you're not too familiar with the Virus, just read up on it. Don't be scared bro, I think he needs you bud.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I am the same germs and stuff freak me out I clean my house with bleach and scrub my hands after leaving the gym. So I probably would have lost my bearing for a moment, but I would have put my sales face on carried on with the convo then run home and changed. Sorry I am not trying to offend anyone but I am kind of germ phobic, nothing personal. It is odd he volunteered that though, were you talking to him at the rest area or the mens room

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    It sounds to me that the guy wants to talk to anyone that will listen. He's probably thinking about dying and scared, I would be. It doesn't make you shallow that is a bomb to just toss out there.

I have no idea how I would have reacted.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Was not a friend...the Conversation was work related and being as such...I had to ask a few medical related questions....and out of my 5 years of being in this business Ive never encountered it.......im still a lil freaked out about it

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I don't think something like that would freak me out.

Of course if you were planning to have, or already had sex with him............ then sure.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Was not a friend...the Conversation was work related and being as such...I had to ask a few medical related questions....and out of my 5 years of being in this business Ive never encountered it.......im still a lil freaked out about it
    Seems strange that he would just drop this bomb on you like this. Not really something that I would go parading around.

So he was at your private stall at the rest stop huh bro? Did you make sure he had a condom

Danielle is offline Female Member
    of course............an old friend of mine confessed that she had herpes after i knew her for about 6 months...........i got so nervous because i've shared drinks with this girl, shared clothes, etc....and i know obvisuely you can't contract it like that.....but still i was so nervous........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Of course if you were planning to have, or already had sex with him............ then sure.
    lol oh **** and u gotta wait 6months before it will show up on a test... make peace with god mass

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I was talking with a guy today and for some odd reason he felt the desire to tell me that he was HIV positive....and I totally froze......My mind was racing with all of the things that I know about HIV but I stood there totally unable to carry on with the conversation and all I kept thinking about was getting away from him.. its weird what goes through your mind when put in certain situations....I know that must make me a shallow person......I totally freaked out..... Have you guys and guys ever been in a similar situation where you were caught off guard like that?
    Nope, because I only drink in the finest gay bars not those nasty little places your type freqent

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Back in the 80's there was such an uproar about AIDS or HIV positive people in society. Like, "Don't drink from the same water fountain or you'll die like them!" But the truth is that its not that easy to catch. For instance, I think once their blood is exposed to the air the virus dies off... it's not like they are infested with little creature trying to infect you (scary thought)...

I have only met a few people that were HIV+ and I try and put them in my shoes much like I hope they will put me in theirs... treat them with respect and dignity... knowing that they have a serious terminal disease and please take precaution in how they conduct themselves... they know more about how the disease is spread than I do... I hope...

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Back in the 80's there was such an uproar about AIDS or HIV positive people in society. Like, "Don't drink from the same water fountain or you'll die like them!" But the truth is that its not that easy to catch. For instance, I think once their blood is exposed to the air the virus dies off... it's not like they are infested with little creature trying to infect you (scary thought)...

I have only met a few people that were HIV+ and I try and put them in my shoes much like I hope they will put me in theirs... treat them with respect and dignity... knowing that they have a serious terminal disease and please take precaution in how they conduct themselves... they know more about how the disease is spread than I do... I hope...
    Good reply. I'm a medic in my unit so I'm pretty aware of this stuff, plus I've grown up in a city where we had an AIDs explosion during the 80's too. I've a few school friends who've died of AID's and some, who are now in the late 30's who are going that way too.

birddog is offline Junior Member
    He has an underlying agenda. It is natural for you to be freaked out by his statement, but he said that because he was 1) hoping you were a pillow biter with HIV also 2) hoping you would realize that he needs anabolics to maintain mass 3) pretending that he was sick because you might offer him some anabolics to help him stay big 4) he just wants to feel like he is normal still. No need to be over-compulsive and scrub with bleach and be a germ freak. If you talk to him again ask him what his CD4 count is and if he has no idea what you're talking about then he is feeding you bullsh*t and isn't sick at all. Birddog student physician.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    He has an underlying agenda. It is natural for you to be freaked out by his statement, but he said that because he was 1) hoping you were a pillow biter with HIV also 2) hoping you would realize that he needs anabolics to maintain mass 3) pretending that he was sick because you might offer him some anabolics to help him stay big 4) he just wants to feel like he is normal still. No need to be over-compulsive and scrub with bleach and be a germ freak. If you talk to him again ask him what his CD4 count is and if he has no idea what you're talking about then he is feeding you bullsh*t and isn't sick at all. Birddog student physician.
    Aren't they having an issue with people getting AAS and GH from AIDS patients... thought I read that in an issue of MD... the dud might be a source looking to help ya out

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Well, if you were at work and asking his medical history then you shouldn't be shocked. He was honest. You can't get HIV from a casual conversation so you have nothing to worry about.

Now if this was a roommate where you could have accidentally used the same razor... YEAH! I'd freak the hell out to.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Working in a hospital I encounter this more then the avg person. At first it used to bother me, but after a while you realize theres nothing diffrent about the person and you almost feel sorry for them.. But yeah the first few times i was scared **** less.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    By conversation I assume you mean you were rimming him? And didn't I tell you a ways back you were gonna get burned if you stayed in the 'biz' for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    By conversation I assume you mean you were rimming him? And didn't I tell you a ways back you were gonna get burned if you stayed in the 'biz' for too long.

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    I had a situation where I had been working with a guy on occassion for quite some time and found out he was positive for Hep-C. That craps more contagious, as well as incurable, than HIV! The only thing racing thru my mind was trying to figure out ANY time he might have bled at work and I might have come in contact with it in the past. Scary. I was kinda freaked for a few days.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i dont think your shallow bro, i think some person who would expect u to risk your health over them and their problems is.

RJM03 is offline Senior Member
    I think you were just caught way off guard not reacting shallow.

barbarian is offline Banned
    its like in that movie philadelphia with tom hanks and denzel washington..tom hanks comes in shakes denzels hand then tells him he has aids..denzel looks like he wants to jump out the window and dip his hand is acid....that movie is classic for showing how people react to people with diseases...it seems a lil harsh but i dont want no ****in aids or hep c....

I was in DaNang once and this dude that appeared to have leprosy because he literally looked like he was falling apart all over, reached up for us... like he wanted us to help him and give him money - we freaked out big time and nearly knocked a bunch of sh!t over in the market trying to get out of his reach... the guy just came out of no where! Yeah, freaked us out. Not sure if that disease is found in remote areas of South East Asia or not - but the we all looked at each other and said the same thing, "That guy must have leprosy!" Nasty...

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    half of my growing up was done in my fathers house here in denver. he's had aids for almost thirty years now, since before i was born. aside from the obvious precautions of blood on towels or razors and such, it never crossed my mind to be overly cautious. most people in that situation aren't going to risk infecting someone else and putting a stranger through that mess because they were being careless. and unless they're wasting away, it's probably not very polite to feel sorry for them either. my father is one of five of the longest living full blown aids patients in colorado. right now his count is undetectable, which means his health is such that if he was to take a standard hiv/aids test, no one would know, including him. people that make the correct choices(at least in the developed world) can live a happy and prosperous life, much healthier than just about any one of us. just something to think about for all of you who are rightfully freaked out, i handshake, hug, or make physical contact with him almost every day, not to mention the 10 or so years spent living in his home, i'm still negative... not meant to sound like i'm preaching, but i never think about it until it is brought up.

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Wait bussiness related questions?. Hey Mass are you the guy from Milfhunter.com!?. He's about your height and from the Miami area. Mass if your him you nail some hot mommies .

Thread Information