smalldogbigdogbrain is offline Junior Member

Can you help a junkie?

This is a way off question, but i dont know who else to ask. I know a junkie that shoots up all kinds of stuff. Can anyone tell me if i can do anything to help them quit? Talking to them and the things i say dont seem to help. I need a miracle bro's!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    they need to accept the fact that they need help. If there not ready then most likely they wont seek for help. see if your friend will go talk to a counselor
    abstrack@protonmail.com

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    No. You can not do anything for them but enable them to keep going. Tell them about Jesus.

Weird thing is i took GODs name in vein, and she shushed me for it"like dont say that". And im like i cant believe that even matters to U. Their is like a few junkie church girls that i know if around here.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    whats she on?

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    deeeeeee toxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and rehab inpatient heroin is really hard to kick

It was heroin and the problem started with the devils drug OXY. Id like to kill the f0000ker that invented them. So she got consuling and they put here on pills that are pain killers of some sort or something. They help H people get off the crap, and now she is shooting Cocain. And so is half the town and county!

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalldogbigdogbrain
    It was heroin and the problem started with the devils drug OXY. Id like to kill the f0000ker that invented them. So she got consuling and they put here on pills that are pain killers of some sort or something. They help H people get off the crap, and now she is shooting Cocain. And so is half the town and county!
    I know what you mean aout oxys if shes religious try telling her family, but most likely theres nothing you can do she has to want help for herself

Exclamation

My question is why will the goverment not do something about it, what the hell is going on. I just dont understand, Im thinking about starting a site to fund going after the oxy market and getting them off of the street.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    My housemate was on **** and diddnt stop till i found him passed out having drunk half a litre of vodka, numerous beers and having consumed over 60 paracetemol. That was scary ****, he nearly died! Only advice i can give you is steal all the pain killers from their house, apart from that, it can take hitting total rock bottom to make someone realise what **** their in!

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalldogbigdogbrain

Methadone...Thats prolly what they gave her. I have a friend who keeps going thru the same thing. Its an addiction that most cant break. Best of luck bro...prayers go out to ya.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    they need to accept the fact that they need help. If there not ready then most likely they wont seek for help. see if your friend will go talk to a counselor
    You are so right bro!

I have a 2 friends (brothers) that both have had near death experiances with GHB these past weeks, ones heart stopped for 3 minutes in the movieteather. He is so lucky his dad could see something was wrong!!!

The older one of them just know realised what he has put his family true all these years and have gotten help from former junkies, he understands and i think he will quit now.

Quake is offline Member
    Get in touch with your local Mental Health Authority and ask them to give you contacts to Substance Misuse Departments and Information Centres, these will give you good advice on how best to help your friend. I know, I work for them here in the UK.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    You really cant help someone that does not want to be helped bro. Its great that you are so worried about her and you care that much that are you willing to go through that for her. Hopefully she realizes how great of a friend you are.

I would contact your local hospital, they can refer you to a drug rehab center or something similar.

Good Luck.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Who am i to offer advice when i stick myself way more that any junkie!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    turn you friend in to the cops and the jail time will dry them out,, just kidding!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

not good

group hug

tic toc tic toc....the clock is running bro..

theres alot of good advice here. For me it took hitting rock bottom for me to realize that I could no longer travel down the path that I was on.It was a very lonely and scarey time of my life.Now, 10 months after I put down the "grated devil" I still havent recovered. there are still things that dont seem right, always seems like theres something missing, something extra that Im waiting on, but as of yet I havent found it or even identified it.

DO or DO NOT

LIVE or DIE

pretty simple sometimes

TheInfamousApe
    Last edited by thegorilla; 06-16-2004 at 02:18 PM.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    turn you friend in to the cops and the jail time will dry them out,, just kidding!!

Just as easy to get drugs on the inside as it is on the outside bro.

Like someone already said, you can't help someone until they want to be helped.

D

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Kidnap her, lock her up in a closet or basement, and after a few months, she'll be clean.

Ya well i would love to kidnap her and help her clean up. I told her today that we can no longer hang out together, I feel like im giving up but im really not. We have went through alot in the past and i dont like reruns. I just told her the whole shooting up thing freaks me out and i cant handle it. And if she ever does get over this to give me a call and we will hang. I cant go on feeling like im a looser on a cycle because people abuse needles. I feel im not in the wrong, well kind of. I also told her i realize she will never be better if she dosent want to clean up. So she finaly she says she will not do it again and i told her i would like to believe that, then she says "call me when you can handle things"and hangs up. The sad thing is , i will never call her, and i pray to God that im never at her funeral. All of these former H heads around here are on some kind of program that supplies them with a sedative that releaves the cravings ,and no its not methedon. Also i find out they sell this new pill for like 25 bucks a pill. It sounds like one habit to get off of another one. Her family can help her more than me, and they know about things . So all i can do is pray for them and her, and for everyone that has this crazy problem. Thanks for the input bros. later
    Last edited by smalldogbigdogbrain; 06-16-2004 at 08:43 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Push the falling, crush the crawling. The world has no place for feable minded and weak.

barbarian is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Push the falling, crush the crawling. The world has no place for feable minded and weak.
    ejoying the cheuqe drops i see LOLLLLLL

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    broo OC's are the worst thing ever to hit america since crack...if you only knew how many teens have died over the past year in MA becuase of overdosing on OC's. Then the kids start to realize 80 bucks for a little pill is too much and the heroin is only 10 bucks...so of course they turn to the H. scary **** when u think about it but its true.

I saw a TV show called Brookside based in Merseyside,England. Man was addicted to heroin so his wife locked him up in a padded room. He was screaming and banging etc but she never let him out. He was clean a few months later. I dont remember the full story however.....

Quake is offline Member
    Any of you yankees heard of a film called "Trainspotting"?

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    rock bottom and guilt, worked for me years ago... didn't have oc back then but slammed just about everything else. seriously, let her hit the ****, have the family put the guilt on heavy, and voilah... or kick her in the face and tell her to get her **** together and that you're done with her.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    If she doesn't want help, rehab and detox won't help either. I've been there, drug addict and went through 6 treatment centers before I really wanted to cleanup. And having been through the program a few times when I didn't want it... it does not work. The saying from AA, NA, and treatment centers in general is very true...

It works if you work it so work it your're worth it.

Bottom line, she doesn't want it she won't work it and all you can do is wait till she does. What she needs till she realizes she needs help is a friend that will not tolerate her using when you are around (or being around her just after she shot up and shes high) but someone who will be there for her. Make it clear to her you won't be around her when she is doing this but will be there for her otherwise.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Brookside

Quake is offline Member
    Trainspotting

decadbal is offline Banned
    eventually they all crash and start back up, thats the only hope you have, that she doenst die first..

Matty is offline Junior Member
    This person has three ways out:

1. Jail
    2. Rehab
    3. Death

One of my good friends is finishing up methadone treatment now. He was shooting up for several years and finally got clean. How'd he do it? He wanted to. All other interventions failed. I suggest looking up drug rehabs in the area and other resources online. I think your best bet would be to discuss this with professionals. Not that anyone here would give you bad advice, but you'd probably get more informed advice from someone who deals with this regularly.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    eventually they all crash and start back up, thats the only hope you have, that she doenst die first..
    Not true, there are some who actually get cleaned up and stay that way (although most of them see to be born again christians). I've been clean now for 11yrs so it does happen, but it usually causes something major to make the person wake up and realize they gotta quit. It has to get to the lowest point when you think it can't be any worse and then thats when the light comes on, at least when it did for me.

If they aren't 100% into it then rehab is a waste of time and money cause they will go back to it.

BTW... I'm not one of those born again christians.
    Last edited by doby48; 06-18-2004 at 09:38 AM.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally Posted by decadbal
    another not true, i wont read the thread, cos opinions get to much for me, but im close to 10 years clean this year, for me thats total abstinence no alcohol or anything. All i can say is, i stopped when I had had enough, no matter what or anything that anyone told me, i never took it in, when i was on my knees in enough pain, i asked for help, and i got it. Im not a born again christian either lol.

peace

Thread Information