Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hybrid is offline Member

What to do and see in LA???

Hey bros. I am going to LA for 9 days in July on business. I have never been to LA (or even to California).
    I will have a couple of days free during my visit and I want to see some sites.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to spend a couple of days and nights in LA?
    I would like to go to Venice Beach and stuff (don't even know how to do that)
    Any good places for dinner or nightlife? Any must see spots?
    What is the best way to get around. I won't have a car, but I could rent one if that made the most sense.
    Thanks a ton for any ideas here.
    hybrid

mass junkie is offline banned
    The best thing you can do to be Mr popular...is to drive around town with a bull horn screaming out that the Lakers suck!!! That ouuta get you laid

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    check out gold's gym in venice beach, not muscle beach, it sucks shiatt, gold's has a lot of big boys there, probably a lot of AR members,

hybrid is offline Member
    I'm pretty sure the hotel I am staying at is out by the airport. What would be the best way to get to Venice Beach? Taxi, rental car, mass transit??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Buy all the Laker's gear.........

It's 95% off........

~SC~

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Do NOT get a taxi. It will cost you 50 dollars just to get 10 miles. If you are in town for a week, you definately need a rental car. If you are by the airport, Im sure there is a rental place right there.
    Go see Hollywood. Go see Universal studios. See Disney Land. Other than that Calif sucks.

Don't forget your FREE beating from the LAPD

Red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What to do and see in LA???-vimage013.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Other than that Calif sucks.
    LMFAO, you obviously aren't from California, nor have you seen any other areas of the state.

~SC~

palequail is offline Banned
    Rent a car first of all...Venice is cool....Go train at Golds then go Eat at the Firehouse Restaurant...went there today.

Umm....Go to Hollywood Blvd. at night...plenty of party spots...You like shopping???

Go to Beverly Hills and look for Celebrities...That is sooooooooooooooooooo FUN!!!!!!!!!!! Ask Ron he does it all day long.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    go check out Rodeo Drive during the day (hot rich chicks) and Hollywood during the night...that is from my experience...I liked "The Standard" and "The White Lotus" - both in Hollywood I believe...its a cool ass place bro...i loved it!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Buy all the Laker's gear.........

It's 95% off........

~SC~
    bahahahahaha

LMFAO, you obviously aren't from California, nor have you seen any other areas of the state.

~SC~
    Youre kidding right?? Dude, I lived in Calif my entire life. I cant think of anything to show tourists when they come here other than what I mentioned. Sure I can show them the beach, the amusement parks and Hollywood (which IMO, is one place in the world I avoid) Other than that, Caif has NOTHING to offer except nice weather. At least Northern Ca has the red woods.

1000's of miles of beaches, Hollywood, some of the best sports teams, San Fran, L.A, Bay Area, Yosemite, the general mountain ranges, golf courses second to none, impeccable weather, etc.

That ain't enough?

~SC~

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Ok now i wanna go I bloody hate England!

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Ok now i wanna go I bloody hate England!
    Grab a flight and I will take you around New England

If i wasnt over £1000 overdrawn, with no job or a passport i would take you up on that

Wheres New England by the way

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    North east coast bro

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Sh*t, there have been so many threads on wher eto go in LA....most of which the boys said above are good p0laces...however, I must disagree with bermich....there is more to offer here....we have some of the best museums....the Getty is awesome....venice is a must see....Santa Monica pier is another one....Universal Studios....is okay....Disneyland is a must see....skip Six Flags Gangster Mountain. Um....what else...Hollywood clubs are cool....White Lotus is still good...the Standard in downtaon LA is the best (the other is in Hollywood...not as cool as the DTLA one). Try to fit in a Dodger game....just so you can say you went to the stadium.

It all depends on how much time you have in LA....you MUST rent a car....just stay away from the ghettos....our ghettos are not in one segrgated (sp?) area...they are spread out everywhere...lmao....town is huge.

LA is a awesome place to be....our beachs are cool and the women are fine....however the rest of the people arer assholes....oh yeah, watch out cause we are some of the most aggressive drivers next to NY cabbies.

PM me if you want to know anything else!

Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    Rent a car first of all...Venice is cool....Go train at Golds then go Eat at the Firehouse Restaurant...went there today.

Umm....Go to Hollywood Blvd. at night...plenty of party spots...You like shopping???

Go to Beverly Hills and look for Celebrities...That is sooooooooooooooooooo FUN!!!!!!!!!!! Ask Ron he does it all day long.
    me too, had the bodybuilder breakfast with multi grain blueberry pancakes and steak, also fresh to go is very good around the corner, try the tri tip breakfast burrito, it has egg whites, fat free hash browns, and steak, also get hot sauce with it

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    cali sucks, especially LA. have fun with the traffic at all hours of the day. ugly sh-t brown landscape and the worse public transportation in the nation. northern cali is better but LA f-cking blows big time. i was a few times and the last time i was there for 10 days for a movie premeir at the chinesse theater. after the second day i wanted to get the hell out of there and back to philly. venice beach was nice, so was the golds gym. but manhatten beach i liked a little better. but its not relaxing at all, its all soooo **** ugly sh-t brown and the city butts right up to the shore. your never away from the bustle and hustle of the city. not very relaxing if you ask me. IMO L.A. is the worse city in our nation to live in.

If your going to cali stay up north. definatly better landscape. the drive to tahoe is great from san fran, what else? mammoth lakes is beautiful, and anywhere around there, just stay where its green lol, down south gets like i said before UGLY SH_T BROWN
    Last edited by jcstomper; 06-16-2004 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    cali sucks, especially LA. have fun with the traffic at all hours of the day. ugly sh-t brown landscape and the worse public transportation in the nation. northern cali is better but LA f-cking blows big time. i was a few times and the last time i was there for 10 days for a movie premeir at the chinesse theater. after the second day i wanted to get the hell out of there and back to philly. venice beach was nice, so was the golds gym. but manhatten beach i liked a little better. but its not relaxing at all, its all soooo **** ugly sh-t brown and the city butts right up to the shore. your never away from the bustle and hustle of the city. not very relaxing if you ask me. IMO L.A. is the worse city in our nation to live in.

If your going to cali stay up north. definatly better landscape. the drive to tahoe is great from san fran, what else? mammoth lakes is beautiful, and anywhere around there, just stay where its green lol, down south gets like i said before UGLY SH_T BROWN
    Are you kidding me...and this is coming from a dude in Philly....?....holy sh*t. We'll I guess I could say the same...cause I felt Philly was the ****test brown...boring ass town. IMO.....

Now, I live in Mahattan Beach and I think it is by far the best beach in LA....and VERY REALXING! Any beach is relaxing...except Philly beachs....but for the most part our beaches are good...not Hawaii good....but good. Nor Cal is nice....but only if you stay for a day....Tahoe is awesome but too far from LA....Mammoth is the best ski resort in the USA hands down....up North there are quit a few tree hugging liberals...if this is your cup of tea...then you will love it.

All major cities have bad traffic....Atlanta was second in cities with the worst traffic....dude, you are going to have a blast here. Have an open mind....and no not everything is brown....it's a city for Gods sake...there will be smog.....at least it won't be NY/Philly humid here....

Like I said if you want PM me or RON....we'll shoot you straight

Ditto!

LMFAO @ Philly......like it's some travel destination or some sh*t, hahahah.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Are you kidding me...and this is coming from a dude in Philly....?....holy sh*t. We'll I guess I could say the same...cause I felt Philly was the ****test brown...boring ass town. IMO.....

Now, I live in Mahattan Beach and I think it is by far the best beach in LA....and VERY REALXING! Any beach is relaxing...except Philly beachs....but for the most part our beaches are good...not Hawaii good....but good. Nor Cal is nice....but only if you stay for a day....Tahoe is awesome but too far from LA....Mammoth is the best ski resort in the USA hands down....up North there are quit a few tree hugging liberals...if this is your cup of tea...then you will love it.

All major cities have bad traffic....Atlanta was second in cities with the worst traffic....dude, you are going to have a blast here. Have an open mind....and no not everything is brown....it's a city for Gods sake...there will be smog.....at least it won't be NY/Philly humid here....

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I went to to southern cali for the fourth last year and it kinda sucked. We had a hell of a time gettin fireworks and then had to light them on the beach and try to hide from cops. Where I'm from you can buy them all over and light them anywhere in the country. I stayed in ventura and keeped arguing with the gf's uncle (who we were stayin with) saying that ventura was part of la, **** town never ends. I like to be able to drive an hour and hit a lake in any direction. Sites were pretty cool though in la though, had a fun time, just would never in a million years move there. Too **** many ppl ends up ruinin the land.

decadbal is offline Banned
    south central, crenshaw and compton baby..lol

hey i never said philly was a good destination, so dont put words in my mouth. and as for philly beach's? there are none, so what are you talking about? do you know any thing about geography? phillys on a river and its not one youd wanna go swimming in to begin with, let alone have a beach there. yeah our humidity sucks, but at least are grass is green and we have no smog whats so ever lol. and traffic wise, there is no freaking way philly's is anywhere close to LA's. lets put it this way, our rush hour is your normal traffic. you have freaking traffic lights at the end of the on - ramps to get on the freaking highway? where the hell else do you see that in the USA? enuf said. i mean come on, i get on the on ramp just to be stopped at the end by a light that changed to green ever 10 seconds or so? you gotta be kidding me

but lets get one thing straight, i never said come to philly instead or that philly was a great travel destination. as far as im concerned i hope everyone stays the hell out of philly, so it doesnt get over crowed like the rest of the US. my citys grimey, and filthy, hense the nick name filthadelphia and yes we all love it that way lol. all i did was state my opinion of LA. and IMO i think LA f-cking blows. northern cali is nice, but LA sucks
    Last edited by jcstomper; 06-16-2004 at 05:26 PM.

Ditto!

LMFAO @ Philly......like it's some travel destination or some sh*t, hahahah.

~SC~
    when did i say my city was a travel destination?

palequail is offline Banned
    LA and Orange County are the ****...I don't care what anyone says...I was born and raised in Hawaii and I love living here.....Where else can you party at the best night clubs in the world, with the HOTTEST Chicks around...Celebrities everywhere..money left and right, go to the the most world Renound Gym in the World and Meet Pro BBers anytime of day???????????????????/// Tell me guys????

Butch you know I got your back...

BTW I just got this chicks number from Redondo..I might be partying up there this weekend with her in Manhattan.

hey i never said philly was a good destination, so dont put words in my mouth. and as for philly beach's? there are none, so what are you talking about? do you know any thing about geography? phillys on a river and its not one youd wanna go swimming in to begin with, let alone have a beach there. yeah our humidity sucks, but at least are grass is green and we have no smog whats so ever lol. and traffic wise, there is no freaking way philly's is anywhere close to LA's. lets put it this way, our rush hour is your normal traffic. enuf said
    You got me....there are no beachs...just a river....but our grass is green bro....however, you may have bought the mexican dirt weed....the **** we get is much better and more dense....and not as many seeds....and is really green with a few red hairs and crystals.....lmao....

Seriously, our lawns are green....our hillsides are not because...um...it doesn't rain much here....so naturally everything is going to be....dry! Which answers the question on why fireworks are not allowed in most cities....dry hillsides/brush....equals more fires......

Okay so you don't have smog...but you have Eagle fans....I think the average IQ at any Eagles game is no more than the alcohol content in the beer they drink......and that is saying a lot.....lmao...j/k.

Anyway, everyone is going to like where they live (some don't) so most people are naturally going to talk highly of where they live(like I said...most of us). I like it here....and I like the surroundings!

JC - I meant no disrespect towards your hometown/philly

You got me....there are no beachs...just a river....but our grass is green bro....however, you may have bought the mexican dirt weed....the **** we get is much better and more dense....and not as many seeds....and is really green with a few red hairs and crystals.....lmao....

Seriously, our lawns are green....our hillsides are not because...um...it doesn't rain much here....so naturally everything is going to be....dry! Which answers the question on why fireworks are not allowed in most cities....dry hillsides/brush....equals more fires......

Okay so you don't have smog...but you have Eagle fans....I think the average IQ at any Eagles game is no more than the alcohol content in the beer they drink......and that is saying a lot.....lmao...j/k.

Anyway, everyone is going to like where they live (some don't) so most people are naturally going to talk highly of where they live(like I said...most of us). I like it here....and I like the surroundings!

JC - I meant no disrespect towards your hometown/philly
    i dont smoke weed so i wouldnt know about that grass. haha j/m
    i didnt take what you were saying as disrespect, i just wanted to point out some technicalities lol.
    another thing, the lawns are only green if you water them, soooo unless the house has a sprinkler system its gonna have a brown lawn.
    when i was in LA it seemed like no matter where i went it took forever to get there, and the traffic never ever cleared.
    next time your in philly, go to the jersey shore, to a nice little dry town called ocean city. while its defiantly no way a party town, its just peaceful and relaxing. it doesnt even have a bar. thats a relaxing shore, and thats what i compare other shores to when i hear people say about being relaxed

LA and Orange County are the ****...I don't care what anyone says...I was born and raised in Hawaii and I love living here.....Where else can you party at the best night clubs in the world, with the HOTTEST Chicks around...Celebrities everywhere..money left and right, go to the the most world Renound Gym in the World and Meet Pro BBers anytime of day???????????????????/// Tell me guys????

BTW I just got this chicks number from Redondo..I might be partying up there this weekend with her in Manhattan.
    downtown huntington beach is the sh*t, nothing but hot stripper chicks everywhere from Mr. J's, redondo is my old stomping ground, orange county is better, i am going to sharkees in hermosa on friday getting sh*tty

Okay, okay....I tried to hold it as long as I could.....YES OUR TRAFFIC DOES SUCK MONKEY BALLS! But we all have SUV's so our air quality is much better now....lmfao...yea, right!

Everything sucks in this state....the only good thing we have is.....ummm....*scratching head.....ugh....**** we have nothing....oh wait, we have good looking ladies walking around. We use to have the Lakers....we always have the Clippers!
    Last edited by Butch; 06-16-2004 at 05:39 PM.

Okay, okay....I tried to hold it as long as I could.....YES OUR TRAFFIC DOES SUCK MONKEY BALLS! But we all have SUV's so our air quality is much better now....lmfao...yea, right!

Everything sucks in this state....the only good thing we have is.....ummm....*scratching head.....ugh....**** we have nothing....oh wait, we have good looking ladies walking around. We use to have the Lakers....we always have the Clippers!
    ok i thought i was going nuts if you thought that traffic was good lol. sorry about the lakers lol

Where else can you party at the best night clubs??? Fvckin' anywhere. Every major city has great night clubs. Mexico has clubs, vegas has clubs, hawaii, florida. Dont base LA on clubs cause LA SUCKS for clubs. What do we have? Hollywood? Hollywood can suck my dick. Traffic takes 10 minutes PER BLOCK LITERALLY. LA has absolutely NO GREEN. Go too far down the 110 and you hit COMPTON. I could go on.
    The beaches are nice. Manhatten, Hermosa, Newport, and Sandiego beaches are nice. Santa Barbara.

Griffith observatory is nice if it is open. I think it is being renivated. Someone take him to Huntington or Newport.

Sorry but anyone who likes living in LA or even likes driving to LA is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Where else can you party at the best night clubs??? Fvckin' anywhere. Every major city has great night clubs. Mexico has clubs, vegas has clubs, hawaii, florida. Dont base LA on clubs cause LA SUCKS for clubs. What do we have? Hollywood? Hollywood can suck my dick. Traffic takes 10 minutes PER BLOCK LITERALLY. LA has absolutely NO GREEN. Go too far down the 110 and you hit COMPTON. I could go on.
    The beaches are nice. Manhatten, Hermosa, Newport, and Sandiego beaches are nice. Santa Barbara.

Griffith observatory is nice if it is open. I think it is being renivated. Someone take him to Huntington or Newport.

Sorry but anyone who likes living in LA or even likes driving to LA is crazy.
    thank you bermich, i knew i wasnt crazy. when i was in LA i actually thought the club scene sucked my left nut. if your not somebody your a nobody and you can barely get into a club. real clubs are not like that. everyone can party if they want to. and i also knew i was right about the green problem lol

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    thank you bermich, i knew i wasnt crazy. when i was in LA i actually thought the club scene sucked my left nut. if your not somebody your a nobody and you can barely get into a club. real clubs are not like that. everyone can party if they want to. and i also knew i was right about the green problem lol
    WHAT??? you went to the wrong clubs I guess bro. Cali club can be sweet. I say with out a doubt Cali is the best state in the nation. The clubs are jumpin the women are hot and the weather is nicer than anywhere else in North America or maybe even the world.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    California sucks. There's no snow. j/k

RON
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    California sucks. There's no snow. j/k
    LMAO spoken like a true Igloo Dweller

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    LMAO spoken like a true Igloo Dweller
    Don't make me get on my Skidoo...come down there and kick your a*s!

RON
    Skidoo??? They make dogsleds too now or what?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information