Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bad_man is offline Anabolic Member

9/11 panel finds no link between Sadaam and Al Quaida

PLUS, we still haven't found the weapons of mass destruction. So WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?

Look, I was very much in favor of this war at the start but we were either wrong or were lied to about the reasons for the war and it just isn't turning out like we hoped. Let's pack up our $hit and bring our people home - ALIVE!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    The President, and now the 911 commision just stated that your statement is not true...

Fox news 1300 hrs... central time...........

There is a link.......
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

From the story you mention...

The independent Sept. 11 commission said Wednesday that no evidence exists that Al Qaeda had strong ties to Saddam Hussein.

And sorry, I'm not going to believe there's a link simply because George Bush says so.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122956,00.html

Matty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    From the story you mention...

The independent Sept. 11 commission said Wednesday that no evidence exists that Al Qaeda had strong ties to Saddam Hussein.

And sorry, I'm not going to believe there's a link simply because George Bush says so.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122956,00.html
    Agreed - this adminstration makes it a point to never admit wrong doing even in the face of blinding truth.

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    Actually, badman, that report is media-spin. That is not what the commision said. That information\passage is out of context. Here is the lowdown of the actual report:
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...6/132355.shtml
    The above URL quotes the ACTUAL briefing, in context.

Quote Originally Posted by ntwrk
    Actually, badman, that report is media-spin. That is not what the commision said. That information\passage is out of context. Here is the lowdown of the actual report:
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...6/132355.shtml
    The above URL quotes the ACTUAL briefing, in context.
    I've never heard of NewsMax but it looks pretty pro-Republican to me. Dammit, this whole thing is going to make me go off on my rant about how I hate the media!!!! Fuk it all, I'm buying an island and declaring it my own country. It will be called BadMania. I'm the dictator and you can apply for citizenship if you want - line forms to the right.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    the same people that say saddam had no links to al quaida are the kids of the people that said hitler and japan had no ties.....

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Hey, just came on here real quick.

"Despite George Bush claiming ties between Al-qaeda and Saddam Hussain, the 9/11 commission has found none."

-Peter Jennings

Just saw that a few minutes ago.

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    Don't get me wrong. Newsmax is slanted towards the right, no doubt. However, they give factual and quotable (in context) information from the commisions report. Peter Jennings and other such news outlets on the otherhand, seem to be more prone to quote (out of context) and spit out their own opinions as fact.

I don't care. I don't believe anyone any more. Everyone is a liar.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    the same people that say saddam had no links to al quaida are the kids of the people that said hitler and japan had no ties.....
    and there was no tie to France and Germany .... food for Oil program........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    We opened this can of worms now we have to stay or we will look like sh!t. I dont believe Iraq with their 50 rusty tanks and starving army were going to be a threat to anyone, it was a mind game to keep the other arab nations from attacking them. This just my opinion so please dont waste your time to flame me or some heated discussion its just my thoughts peace

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I guess we were suppose to wait on Iraq to use their WMD before we went in?

Everyone thought he had them...in fact...at one time he did....snubbed his nose at UN inspectors and resolutions for 10 years.....

Saddam would have done harm to the world had he not been removed....plain and simple....now all the pussies that support Kerry need to go hide under a rock again....

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I hate to say it but ''I Told..................... nah, just do a search, I'll not repeat myself again.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    You're there because your president is leading a global war against terrorism. It's all connected, don't you see? Al Qaida, Hizballa, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Tanzim, PLO, PLF, etc. They co-operate, they share knowledge, they teach each other, train eachother. You can't declare a global war on terrorism but concentrate on one organization only. That won't solve anything, because the co-operation goes on between them. What if tomorrow another plane crashes into a building in the US, and it turns out this time Hizballa carried it out? Will you then only fight those who help Hizballa? Why not fight it now, when you know there are the motivation and plans, and make sure they don't ever become capable of doing it? Iraq's connection to terror has been proven, and that makes it a good enough reason to include it in the war on terrorism.

***cough*** OIL ***cough***

Na. Bouncer, the Europeans need the ME oil more than the US. Besides that, I hear that Toyota has a new car coming out now, runs mostly on electricity. So....hopefully in a few years we won't depend on that environmental disaster (the oil) as much as we do today.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty
    Agreed - this adminstration makes it a point to never admit wrong doing even in the face of blinding truth.

The Clinton administration isnt in office anymore. Why did you mention them?

Joke.... So then Mose's goes to God and says ''Let me get this straight God, the Arabs get to have all the oil, and we get to cut our WHAT OFF?''...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    America will use all the ME oil and then when that is out, we will KEEP OUR oil for ourselves and take over the world cause none of your tanks or planes can start.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Joke.... So then Mose's goes to God and says ''Let me get this straight God, the Arabs get to have all the oil, and we get to cut our WHAT OFF?''...
    Ha.
    Do you know why the 10 amendments were given to the Jews? God when to the Romanians (not Romans) and asked them if the want to be His chosen people and in return have to follow a few simple rules. The Romanians asked what for example, and God said "don't steal". The Romanians decided to pass. So He went to the French and the French asked what kind of rules they'll have to follow, and God said, for example, don't cheat (on wife or husband). The French decided to pass. Then God came to the Jews and asked them if they want to be his chosen people and in return get a few simple rules to follow. The Jews asked how much it costs, and when God said it doesn't cost, they said ok, give us 10.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Ha.
    Do you know why the 10 amendments were given to the Jews? God when to the Romanians (not Romans) and asked them if the want to be His chosen people and in return have to follow a few simple rules. The Romanians asked what for example, and God said "don't steal". The Romanians decided to pass. So He went to the French and the French asked what kind of rules they'll have to follow, and God said, for example, don't cheat (on wife or husband). The French decided to pass. Then God came to the Jews and asked them if they want to be his chosen people and in return get a few simple rules to follow. The Jews asked how much it costs, and when God said it doesn't cost, they said ok, give us 10.
    Anyone who can laugh at themselves and their beliefs is OK by me.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Ha.
    You have a good sense of humor. If anyone else told this joke they would be called Anti Semitic.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    We can only believe or listen tro the media why we are there...you think Bush is going to come out and say why he is doing this...no...he has never been one to notify everyone of his next move....I still stand for Bush...he has a good reson for being there and I trust his ass....and if I were in between those ages of the draft and they did implement it.... I WOULD GO IN A HEARTBEAT!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    This Iraq thing is Vietnam part II. I think eventually the USA will pull out having solved virtually nothing and many US soldiers will have died becasue of a strategically flawed operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    You have a good sense of humor. If anyone else told this joke they would be called Anti Semitic.

SV-1 , thank you.

Carlos, Israel has people from all over the world, all religions, all backgrounds, and that's where the jokes come from. A joke will be taken as anti semitic if the one telling it is one, and just as well will be taken as a joke if you know the person telling it doesn't hate you. For example, I won't laugh if M'guy told me a Holocaust joke, but I probably will if my friends told me one.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    SV-1 , thank you.

Carlos, Israel has people from all over the world, all religions, all backgrounds, and that's where the jokes come from. A joke will be taken as anti semitic if the one telling it is one, and just as well will be taken as a joke if you know the person telling it doesn't hate you. For example, I won't laugh if M'guy told me a Holocaust joke, but I probably will if my friends told me one.
    Understood. I feel the same way about racial jokes. Depends if you know the person and also on their intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    We can only believe or listen tro the media why we are there...you think Bush is going to come out and say why he is doing this...no...he has never been one to notify everyone of his next move....I still stand for Bush...he has a good reson for being there and I trust his ass....
    I wouldn't be able to do it, I can't trust a word this administration says. Too many lies, poor planning. When fallujah erupted, they acted like everything was jolly and well, and even if you did bring something up to the effect that things weren't going well, they respond by saying that all Iraqi's wake up every day and thank the USA every single morning because saddam is no longer there. Well, i'm sure its nice that he's not there, but i'm sure the troops would feel much nicer if they stopped getting shot at. How can you explain this administration's plan in iraq? Why is it that so many troops continue to get killed when we are supposed to be helping Iraq? I think there have been more US troops killed after the war "ended" then in the war. As far as I know, there is no plan to pull out the military until 2006, in which we will still be there because we have built several bases there now.

Please don't give the arguement that its good we got rid of saddam cause he was a threat, there are many many worse ppl in the world that endanger the security of the US much more dearly. I strongly agree with rak ani, we can't just go after iraq, we have to go after all of them.

You guys really thing bush is a leader? Do you know where he was when the first tower got hit and he was notified? He was reading books to 2nd graders. Do you know where he still was when the 2nd tower got hit and he was notified? Still reading to 2nd graders, and then he stayed there for another 15 minutes. When sh!t hits the fan, thats when you find out what type of leader you are.

[QUOTE=Butch]We can only believe or listen tro the media why we are there...you think Bush is going to come out and say why he is doing this...no...he has never been one to notify everyone of his next move[QUOTE]

The problem is that bush never comes out and speaks, he never has to answer to anyone unlike tony blair who continually has to defend himself to parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian

You guys really thing bush is a leader? Do you know where he was when the first tower got hit and he was notified? He was reading books to 2nd graders. Do you know where he still was when the 2nd tower got hit and he was notified? Still reading to 2nd graders, and then he stayed there for another 15 minutes. When sh!t hits the fan, thats when you find out what type of leader you are.
    Hey reacted in a way any other president would...he knew he was on TV and did not want to freak out which would lead the nation to freak out...we all have to understand the president is our leader...like him or hate him...he is still our leader....if he gets scared thens hit I am going to be scared...casue this f*cker knows more than me...so if he thinks it is bad...then it is really bad.

He knows what he is doing....we have to keep some troops there...not as mnay as there are now...Iraq will soon enough be under order....we are only seeing what the "gorillas" are doing....the rest of the country is fine...they want order and they want stability....

I spoke with a solider who recently returned home...he told me you would not believe how many people love us over there....how appreciated they are we are there...these are poor ass families...yet they would still pour out in the street and give the soldiers gifts while they patrolled....

I don't know...it is a sticky situation that will get better...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian

The problem is that bush never comes out and speaks, he never has to answer to anyone unlike tony blair who continually has to defend himself to parliament.
    That is a problem...he chooses to not speak...where as other presidents would give speeches everytime they took a **** or farted!

That is a problem...he chooses to not speak...where as other presidents would give speeches everytime they took a **** or farted!
    There is a tiny little difference between farting and invading a foreign country under false pretenses and having your kids come home in boxes on a daily basis.

I expect a LOT more accountability from my government.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    There is a tiny little difference between farting and invading a foreign country under false pretenses and having your kids come home in boxes on a daily basis.

I expect a LOT more accountability from my government.

Red
    But then again Red, you and I can question our government without being branded ''un-patriotic'' and ''Anti-American''.

Hey reacted in a way any other president would...he knew he was on TV and did not want to freak out which would lead the nation to freak out...we all have to understand the president is our leader...like him or hate him...he is still our leader....if he gets scared thens hit I am going to be scared...casue this f*cker knows more than me...so if he thinks it is bad...then it is really bad.

He knows what he is doing....we have to keep some troops there...not as mnay as there are now...Iraq will soon enough be under order....we are only seeing what the "gorillas" are doing....the rest of the country is fine...they want order and they want stability....

I spoke with a solider who recently returned home...he told me you would not believe how many people love us over there....how appreciated they are we are there...these are poor ass families...yet they would still pour out in the street and give the soldiers gifts while they patrolled....

I don't know...it is a sticky situation that will get better...IMHO
    How many days after 9/11 did it take to hear anything from bush? I honestly don't know the answe. How long was it before he visited the wtc? These are important things to remember, why is it that ppl see mayor giuliani as the hero instead of bush?

Joe Biden (senator from somewhere in the NE), when he was speaking at the internation school of relations at GWU (Can't remember the school name exactly), someone asked him about iraq and the war on terror. Biden's response was basically, the pres should call a meeting with all the european powers, invite the arabs, and ask them what it is we need to do to work together and make iraq successful, how to to work together to clean out terrorists. Get everyone involved, to fight terror we're gonna need cooperation, do you think the US will be better off if we have hostile relations with france 20 yrs from now? To fight this war on terror we're gonna need global cooperation. We had that cooperation in afghanistan, but in iraq and since then, it has been lost.

I also knew someone that was there for 6 months, and i don't remember where he was in iraq, but it wasn't in one of the 'hotspots', and although he said he wouldn't walk without his gun, he said he really never felt threatened by any of the ppl there. So i definitely agree that there certainly are ppl over there that are appreciative.

I was listening to a very pro-bush radio talk show last week, and i think they were doing it outside or something, anyways a soldier walked by, and the talk show host asked the soldier what he thought about the job bush was doing, and the soldier declined to comment.

I'm not sure if you have heard of the movie "control room", i didn't hear about it just until yesterday when i was watching the daily show. Anyways they showed a 1v1 talk between an al-jazeera reporter and a marine PR guy, the marine was very open minded to both sides, the type of person you would want in PR, and soon after they moved that marine to a non-pr position somewhere else. I don't know the circumstances surrounding it, i just saw it, hopefully someone else happened to watch it so at least i'm not talking in the dark, but anyways it just seemed very fishy.

The former cent-com commader (can't remember his name) along with tom clancy both appeared on one of the cnn shows together last week (can't remember the show name) and the commander said he would not vote for bush, (although i must admit he did not seem very pleased with kerry, and clancy even less so).

So just thought i would mention a few different view points.

I just saw on tv as they were showing hi lights from earlier today from the 9/11 commission, "no credible evidence" in regards to a link between the 9/11 attacks and hussain. BTW, i am looking forward to fahrenheit 911, i did see moore speak a few months ago, and he's not as big of retard slob as you think, he raised many important questions about the administration that make ya raise your eye brow.

I agree though, very sticky situation, and it is an absolute must for the US to succeed. But then what? there's still syria, saudi arabia, pakistan, jordan, and a host of many, many others. We can't fight the world.
    Last edited by saboudian; 06-18-2004 at 01:56 AM.

He was on TV on the 12th. He was also at Ground Zero that day. I'm not a huge Bush fan, but let's keep the facts straight.

He was on TV on the 12th. He was also at Ground Zero that day. I'm not a huge Bush fan, but let's keep the facts straight.
    Thank you for clarifying.

Symian is offline Member
    Not another political thread?

PLUS, we still haven't found the weapons of mass destruction. So WHY ARE WE STILL THERE?
    Who cares!?! There's so much I want to say, but it's already been said a hundred times in the other hundred political threads. Can't we get past this already?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

Look, I was very much in favor of this war at the start but we were either wrong or were lied to about the reasons for the war and it just isn't turning out like we hoped. Let's pack up our $hit and bring our people home - ALIVE!!
    Why are we still there? It is obvious.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    But then again Red, you and I can question our government without being branded ''un-patriotic'' and ''Anti-American''.
    True Bouncer...
    What are your feelings towards Canada as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    True Bouncer...
    What are your feelings towards Canada as a whole?
    I like polar bears. And beavers can chop down tree's with their teeth, thats cool too

You might think I don't like America, when the opposite is true. I just think Bush is a lier who brought his country into a war they don't need. Watching him on TV is pathetic, poor ba$tard can't string two words together.
    Unfortunetly I'm not as articulate as some here, but looking at America as an outsider it appears like the blind leading the blind. I don't think Kerry will be much better than Bush either. But in a single party political system they don't have much choice. I like our proportional representation system.
    It also appears to an outsider too that most Americans are led by blind patriatism (sp'ing) where they don't have too many 'floating voters' and you don't question the party line.

back to Canada, its one on the countries on my 'must visit' list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information