spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

Interviews with Kerry's fellow veterans

Finally, the truth - SWIFT BOAT QUOTES ABOUT KERRY

These come from people who were actually close to Kerry in Vietnam - with their pictures. They are not afraid to speak out! Pass this on to all your contacts - Republicans and Democrats! Everyone needs to read it.
    Swift Boat Quotes about John Kerry
    "We resent very deeply the false war crimes charges he made coming back from Vietnam in 1971 and repeated in the book "Tour of Duty." We think those cast an aspersion on all those living and dead, from our unit and other units in Vietnam. We think that he knew he was lying when he made the charges, and we think that they're unsupportable. We intend to bring the truth about that to the American people.
    We believe, based on our experience with him, that he is totally unfit to be the Commander-in-Chief."
    -- John O'Neill, spokesman, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
    "I do not believe John Kerry is fit to be Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces of the United States. This is not a political issue. It is a matter of his judgment, truthfulness, reliability, loyalty and trust -- all absolute tenets of command. His biography, 'Tour of Duty,' by Douglas Brinkley, is replete with gross exaggerations, distortions of fact, contradictions and slanderous lies. His contempt for the military and authority is evident by even a most casual review of this biography. He arrived in-country with a strong anti-Vietnam War bias and a self-serving determination to build a foundation for his political future. He was aggressive, but vain and prone to impulsive judgment, often with disregard for specific tactical assignments. He was a 'loose cannon.' In an abbreviated tour of four months and 12 days, and with his specious medals secure, Lt.(jg) Kerry bugged out and began his infamous betrayal of all United States forces in the Vietnam War. That included our soldiers, our marines, our sailors, our coast guardsmen, our airmen, and our POWs. His leadership within the so-called Vietnam Veterans Against the War and testimony before Congress in 1971 charging us with unspeakable atrocities remain an undocumented but nevertheless meticulous stain on the men and women who honorably stayed the course. Senator Kerry is not fit for command."
    -- Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman, USN (retired), chairman, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth
    "During Lt.(jg) Kerry's tour, he was under my command for two or three specific operations, before his rapid exit. Trust, loyalty and judgment are the key, operative words. His turncoat performance in 1971 in his grubby shirt and his medal-tossing escapade, coupled with his slanderous lines in the recent book portraying us that served, including all POWs and MIAs, as murderous war criminals, I believe, will have a lasting effect on all military veterans and their families.
    Kerry would be described as devious, self-absorbing, manipulative, disdain for authority, disruptive, but the most common phrase that you'd hear is 'requires constant supervision.'"
    -- Captain Charles Plumly, USN (retired)
    "Thirty-five years ago, many of us fell silent when we came back to the stain of sewage that Mr. Kerry had thrown on us, and all of our colleagues who served over there. I don't intend to be silent today or ever again. Our young men and women who are serving deserve no less."
    -- Andrew Horne
    "In my specific, personal experience in both coastal and river patrols over a 12-month period, I never once saw or heard anything remotely resembling the atrocities described by Senator Kerry. If I had, it would have been my obligation to report them in writing to a higher authority, and I would certainly have done that. If Senator Kerry actually witnessed or participated in these atrocities or, as he described them, 'war crimes,' he was obligated to report them. That he did not until later when it suited his political purposes strikes me as opportunism of the worst kind. That he would malign my service and that of his fellow sailors with no regard for the truth makes him totally unqualified to serve as Commander-in-Chief."
    -- Jeffrey Wainscott
    "I signed that letter because I, too felt a deep sense of betrayal that someone who took the same oath of loyalty as I did as an officer in the United States Navy would abandon his group here (points to group photo) to join this group here (points to VVAW protest photo), and come home and attempt to rally the American public against the effort that this group was so *******ly pursuing.
    It is a fact that in the entire Vietnam War we did not lose one major battle. We lost the war at home... and at home, John Kerry was the Field General."
    -- Robert Elder
    "My daughters and my wife have read portions of the book 'Tour of Duty.' They wanted to know if I took part in the atrocities described. I do not believe the things that are described happened.
    Let me give you an example. In Brinkley's book, on pages 170 to 171, about something called the 'Bo De massacre' on November 24th of 1968... In Kerry's description of the engagement, first he claimed there were 17 servicemen that were wounded. Three of us were wounded. I was the first..."
    -- Joseph Ponder
    "While in Cam Rahn Bay, he trained on several 24-hour indoctrination missions, and one special skimmer operation with my most senior and trusted Lieutenant. The briefing from some members of that crew the morning after revealed that they had not received any enemy fire, and yet Lt.(jg) Kerry informed me of a wound -- he showed me a scratch on his arm and a piece of shrapnel in his hand that appeared to be from one of our own M-79s. It was later reported to me that Lt.(jg) Kerry had fired an M-79, and it had exploded off the adjacent shoreline. I do not recall being advised of any medical treatment, and probably said something like 'Forget it.' He later received a Purple Heart for that scratch, and I have no information as to how or whom.
    Lt.(jg) Kerry was allowed to return to the good old USA after 4 months and a few days in-country, and then he proceeded to betray his former shipmates, calling them criminals who were committing atrocities. Today we are here to tell you that just the opposite is true. Our rules of engagement were quite strict, and the officers and men of Swift often did not even return fire when they were under fire if there was a possibility that innocent people -- fishermen, in a lot of cases -- might be hurt or injured. The rules and the good intentions of the men increased the possibility that we might take friendly casualties."
    -- Commander Grant Hibbard, USN (retired)
    "Lt. Kerry returned home from the war to make some outrageous statements and allegations... of numerous criminal acts in violation of the law of war were cited by Kerry, disparaging those who had fought with honor in that conflict. Had war crimes been committed by US forces in Vietnam? Yes, but such acts were few and far between. Yet Lt. Kerry have numerous speeches and testimony before Congress inappropriately leading his audiences to believe that what was only an anomaly in the conduct of America's fighting men was an epidemic. Furthermore, he suggested that they were being encouraged to violated the law of war by those within the chain of command.
    Very specific orders, on file at the Vietnam archives at Texas Tech University, were issued by my father [Admiral Elmo Zumwalt] and others in his chain of command instructing subordinates to act responsibly in preserving the life and property of Vietnamese civilians."
    -- Lt. Col. James Zumwalt, USMC (retired)
    "We look at Vietnam... after all these years it is still languishing in isolated poverty and helplessness and tyranny. This is John Kerry's legacy. I deeply resent John Kerry's using his Swift boat experience, and his betrayal of those who fought there as a stepping-stone to his political ambitions."
    -- Barnard Wolff
    "In a whole year that I spent patrolling, I didn't see anything like a war crime, an atrocity, anything like that. Time and again I saw American fighting men put themselves in graver danger trying to avoid... collateral damage.
    When John Kerry returned to the country, he was sworn in front of Congress. And then he told my family -- my parents, my sister, my brother, my neighbors -- he told everyone I knew and everyone I'd ever know that I and my comrades had committed unspeakable atrocities."
    -- David Wallace
    "I served with these guys. I went on missions with them, and these men served honorably. Up and down the chain of command there was no acquiescence to atrocities. It was not condoned, it did not happen, and it was not reported to me verbally or in writing by any of these men including Lt.(jg) Kerry.
    In 1971, '72, for almost 18 months, he stood before the television audiences and claimed that the 500,000 men and women in Vietnam, and in combat, were all villains -- there were no heroes. In 2004, one hero from the Vietnam War has appeared, running for President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief. It just galls one to think about it."
    -- Captain George Elliott, USN (retired)
    "During the Vietnam War I was Task Force Commander at An Thoi, and my tour of duty was 13 months, from the end of Tet to the beginning of the Vietnamization of the Navy units.
    Now when I went there right after Tet, I was restricted in my movements. I couldn't go much of anyplace because the Vietcong controlled most of the area. When I left, I could go anywhere I wanted, just about. Commerce was booming, the buses were running, trucks were going, the waterways were filled with sampans with goods going to market, but yet in Kerry's biography he says that our operations were a complete failure. He also mentions a formal conference with me, to try to get more air cover and so on. That conference never happened..."
    -- Captain Adrian Lonsdale, USCG (retired)
    "I was in An Thoi from June of '68 to June of '69, covering the whole period that John Kerry was there. I operated in every river, in every canal, and every off-shore patrol area in the 4th Corps area, from Cambodia all the way around to the Bo De River. I never saw, even heard of all of these so-called atrocities and things that we were supposed to have done.
    This is not true. We're not standing for it. We want to set the record straight."
    -- William Shumadine
    "In 1971, when John Kerry spoke out to America, labeling all Vietnam veterans as thugs and murderers, I was shocked and almost brought to my knees, because even though I had served at the same time and same unit, I had never witnessed or participated in any of the events that the Senator had accused us of. I strongly believe that the statements made by the Senator were not only false and inaccurate, but extremely harmful to the United States' efforts in Southeast Asia and the rest of the world. Tragically, some veterans, scorned by the antiwar movement and their allies, retreated to a life of despair and suicide. Two of my crewmates were among them. For that there is no forgiveness. "
    -- Richard O'Meara
    "My name is Steve Gardner. I served in 1966 and 1967 on my first tour of duty in Vietnam on Swift boats, and I did my second tour in '68 and '69, involved with John Kerry in the last 2 1/2 months of my tour. The John Kerry that I know is not the John Kerry that everybody else is portraying. I served alongside him and behind him, five feet away from him in a gun tub, and watched as he made indecisive moves with our boat, put our boats in jeopardy, put our crews in jeopardy... if a man like that can't handle that 6-man crew boat, how can you expect him to be our Commander-in-Chief?"
    -- Steven Gardner
    "I served in Vietnam as a boat officer from June of 1968 to July of 1969. My service was three months in Coastal Division 13 out of Cat Lo, and nine months with Coastal Division 11 based in An Thoi. John Kerry was in An Thoi the same time I was. I'm here today to express the anger I have harbored for over 33 years, about being accused with my fellow shipmates of war atrocities.
    All I can say is when I leave here today, I'm going down to the Wall to tell my two crew members it's not true, and that they and the other 49 Swiftees who are on the Wall were then and are still now the best."
    -- Robert Brant
    "I never saw, heard of, or participated in any Swift boat crews killing cattle, poisoning crops, or raping and killing civilians as charged by John Kerry, both in his book and in public statements. Since we both operated at the same time, in the same general area, and on the same missions under the same commanders, it is hard to believe his claims of atrocities and poor planning of Sea Lord missions.
    I signed this letter because I feel that he used Swift boat sailors to proclaim his antiwar statements after the war, and now he uses the same Swift boat sailors to support his claims of being a war hero. He cannot have it both ways, and we are here to ask for full disclosure of the proof of his claims."
    -- James Steffes

Last Updated Monday, May 17 2004 @ 12:16 PM PDT

-- ExplorationFilms.com
    "Where curious truths and uncommon minds meet"
    P.O. Box 1069
    Monument, CO 80132
    email: [email protected]
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    Wow.
    Nice post.

Matty is offline Junior Member
    Right wing propaganda, nothing more. This organization was put together by Bush supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty
    Right wing propaganda, nothing more. This organization was put together by Bush supporters.
    Actually it is a well established orginization http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.pht...rans_for_Truth

but thanks for researching so much...... you truely have an open mind
    Last edited by spywizard; 06-17-2004 at 01:11 PM.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    It is a fact that in the entire Vietnam War we did not lose one major battle. We lost the war at home... and at home, John Kerry was the Field General."

-- Robert Elder

yep....

oh btw....love the post...thx....

uhh....aren't you the one who posted this propaganda??

Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides

talk about calling the kettle black.....

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL

yea.......... that's him....... silly left wing liberal communist.........

Rules

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

I was thinking the same thing...

Oh, I see long time Bush supporter Merrie Spaeth is behind this. Perhaps it is you who needs to look her - I'll give you a hint...she worked in the Reagan administration and was tied to then governor Bush's election. And who else do we have? Margeret Wilson. Well, I'm sure your tireless research has show that Margeret was General Counsel to Governor George W. Bush from 1998-2000. Who else is behind this? How about John E. O'Neill who, of course, is partners with Margeret Wilson at Clements, O'Neill, Pierce, Wilson & Fulkerson which represents such major Bush contributors such as Exxon Mobil, General Electric, Reliant Energy, Koch Industries.

Next!

That was a lame attempt at a joke. My point being that anytime anyone expresses disatsfaction with the current administration they are immediately labeled as left wing commies who hate our country, don't support the troops, and are spreading left wing propaganda.

I am not left wing. I am not right wing. I am not democrat or republican. I am anti Bush. I think he's done a miserable job and is completely and utterly inept.

That was a lame attempt at a joke. My point being that anytime anyone expresses disatsfaction with the current administration they are immediately labeled as left wing commies who hate our country, don't support the troops, and are spreading left wing propaganda.

I am not left wing. I am not right wing. I am not democrat or republican. I am anti Bush. I think he's done a miserable job and is completely and utterly inept.

joke? naw...just stating the facts....

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    great post...hey matty, by saying they are BEHIND this, what exactly do you mean? Did they go find everyone that served with Kerry and give them lines to read bashing Kerry or what? And yes, your other post is seriously left wing propaganda, while this one quotes actual living, breathing people, from a credible organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy34
    great post...hey matty, by saying they are BEHIND this, what exactly do you mean? Did they go find everyone that served with Kerry and give them lines to read bashing Kerry or what? And yes, your other post is seriously left wing propaganda, while this one quotes actual living, breathing people, from a credible organization.
    bump............ I haven't voiced an opinion yet......... this is just comments from people that served with him....

and the source that is keeping them in a forum that has public exposure..

But to be fair... these are some of the same soldiers that contacted the kerry campaign, and asked them to stop using thier pictures in his tv commercials..

but that's just them

Rules

Matty stated that my original post was "Propaganda" = lie and misleading..

a lie is when someone looks at you and says

"I did not have sex with that woman"

that's a lie..

when someone says "I am a war hero" (John Kerry) that is up for discussion..

my personal experience is a war hero saves lives, and typically gives up thier life for that descriptive term..... When my Brother in law died in Iraq, some of the soldiers that he saved spoke at his funeral, different soldiers spoke of the heroism that he displayed in Afganistan that saved thier whole platoons lives from certain death when he single handedly repelled a group of 6 Afgans that were crawling up on the company while they were asleep... By the by he was the only soldier from the 82nd airborn to be awarded the Bronze star for bravery from congress during that tour.. 2003

Kerry's fellow soldiers........... well, his commanding officer, and fellow troops say what they did.

Rules

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    good points guys...and nice post!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    OUCH
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    "Kerry would be described as devious, self-absorbing, manipulative, disdain for authority, disruptive, but the most common phrase that you'd hear is 'requires constant supervision.'"

-- Captain Charles Plumly, USN (retired)

that's a lie..

my personal experience is a war hero saves lives, and typically gives up thier life for that descriptive term..... When my Brother in law died in Iraq, some of the soldiers that he saved spoke at his funeral, different soldiers spoke of the heroism that he displayed in Afganistan that saved thier whole platoons lives from certain death when he single handedly repelled a group of 6 Afgans that were crawling up on the company while they were asleep... By the by he was the only soldier from the 82nd airborn to be awarded the Bronze star for bravery from congress during that tour.. 2003

Kerry's fellow soldiers........... well, his commanding officer, and fellow troops say what they did.
    Actual definition of propaganda: The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.

I'm not saying that Kerry's fellow soldiers are lying. I'm saying that this is group is being driven by those mentioned above whom have questionable ties to the Bush administration.

IMO, if you go to war you are a war hero. That said, perhaps we should ask President Bush's fellow soldiers to comment on his conduct during Vietnam?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Matty,Matty,

Your liberal goo is gushing out of you. Conspiracy theories? You're losin it.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member

that's a lie..

So in that vein...

How do you interpret :
    "Iraq tried to get uranium tubes"
    "Iraq is an immenent threat"
    "I served my time in the National Guard"
    "I wan't avoiding the Vietnam War"

Hmmmm.... if the worst clinton could do was lie about a blow job, he seems to have done pretty well. Just want to throw that out there.

well i would have run the campaign differently...

for i feel Iran is more of an Immenent threat...

Iraq was just contained..........

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    So in that vein...

How do you interpret :
    "Iraq tried to get uranium tubes"

"Iraq is an immenent threat"
    "I served my time in the National Guard"
    BEEN PROVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN
    "I wan't avoiding the Vietnam War"
    NOT SURE ON THIS ONE...

Hmmmm.... if the worst clinton could do was lie about a blow job, he seems to have done pretty well. Just want to throw that out there.
    THAT'S WHY HE WAS IMPEACHED... HE IS INNOCENT OF WRONG DOING.

Rules

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    bump............ I haven't voiced an opinion yet......... this is just comments from people that served with him....

and the source that is keeping them in a forum that has public exposure..

But to be fair... these are some of the same soldiers that contacted the kerry campaign, and asked them to stop using thier pictures in his tv commercials..

but that's just them
    well, i guess i'll voice my opinions now...or did i already?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    well, i guess i'll voice my opinions now...or did i already?
    I beleive you did

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yes, I already did.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    oh, okay, i didn't want to sound redundant or anything

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Don't worry..I didn't

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    wtf

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Kerry=Jane Fona..

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    wtf
    I was thinking the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Kerry=Jane Fona..
    How rich is she now? He might marry her next...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    said, perhaps we should ask President Bush's fellow soldiers to comment on his conduct during Vietnam?
    Well if we did and they said he was an awesom guy, YOU would come back and say it is progaganda. If they came back saying he sucks, we would have to turn around and say that the democrats got behind them and made them say bush is a bad man.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy34
    How rich is she now? He might marry her next...
    They should! Perfect match!

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Well if we did and they said he was an awesom guy, YOU would come back and say it is progaganda. If they came back saying he sucks, we would have to turn around and say that the democrats got behind them and made them say bush is a bad man.
    Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but the point of that comment was that BUSH DID NOT GO TO VIETNAM.

For the record, yes it would be propaganda. It's all propaganda. Kerry's campaign, Bush's campaign...all propaganda. Doesn't make it necessarily untrue - it makes it one sided and biased. And Bush is a bad man. He's a dangerous person who should not be in any government anywhere on the face of the planet. And again, for the record, I am not a democrat nor am I a republican. I'd vote republican in 2004 if the candidate were reasonable. But Bush is not reasonable and has done nothing positive for this country since he took office.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Matty,Matty,

Your liberal goo is gushing out of you. Conspiracy theories? You're losin it.
    That's all you got? See, this is what I'm talking about. You have no rebuttal just name calling. Again it comes back to this "liberal, commie, freedom-hating, soldier-hating, baby killer" brand that's tossed around anytime someone disagrees with the GOP. Is this an attempt to silence opposition without actually confronting it? Or a way to try and discredit someone without any knowledge or forethought?

decadbal is offline Banned
    these threads are beyond boring

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bermich

Haha!! So true.

r u guys still beating this horse???

Jezzz...........

The guys that served with him... stated what they stated...

motivated or not

Rules

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

same here

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Does anyone know where I could find and read some interviews with George W's fellow veterans??

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    sad thing is that i dont doubt any of the things those people said, but i still think kerry is the lesser of two evils right now.

Thread Information