Lonsdale is offline New Member

Working and Training

How does everyone cope with working 5 days a week, training hard and eating propley, does everyone make sure you get time to work out and eat.

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    im working about40 hours a week at a steakhouse right now cooking in between 85-95 degree heat at some points...its very difficult but i wake up extra early to hit the gym. I have 1 meal before the gym.. a shake after...i pick up 2 met rx meal replacement bars prior to work and eat them during my 8 hour shift. at the same time stealing chicken breasts and steaks when i can and eating them. i then come home and eat/slam down another protien shake. Its hard as balls but in all honosty the 8 hour cardio sessions have made me shed 4% of my bodyfat in a little over a month.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That's what I love about being a trainer. I am around what I love to do 24/7.

My father once told me, "Find something you love to do, and you'll never work a day in your life".

He was absolutely correct.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That's what I love about being a trainer. I am around what I love to do 24/7.

My father once told me, "Find something you love to do, and you'll never work a day in your life".

He was absolutely correct.

~SC~

Thats such a great qoute swolecat.....Im trying to decide what to do with my life since its the last year of college for me...and well that helps..thanks.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are fortunate enough to be able to be in school and live until you find your "dream" job, I say go for it. I realize that's not always possible, as I too worked for colleges/publishing companies for tests in California, etc., and I got paid well, but I was never TRULY happy. I used to think money was the answer, now I realize that it answers nothing when it comes to being happy "inside". Paying the bills and being happy are really two entirely different things. I wish you luck in success of both.

~SC~

Thank you swole...It means alot.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    I work in the IT department (computer geek) and put in about 50 hours week on an average week. I also own my own company and trying to get it off the ground which is now about 30 hour a week so I don't have a lot of time. I get up extra early and do cardio and do quite a few workouts a week using my home gym & free weights. (Luckily I work from home too) This way if I have a free hour I go upstairs and start lifting. Its nearly impossible for me to lift the same time every day but worst case scenario I lift before going to bed. As long as I'm not sick I lift 5 days a week.

With regards to food, I have protein bars and shakes ready in case I don't have time for a full meal. I keep some meal replacment in my desk so I don't have an excuse to not eat. I make my own jerky in my food dehydrator and keep bags of that around too. I use my Foreman Grill (actually Hamiltom Beach brand) and can cook up a chicken breast or burger in less than 5 minutes if I just have a short time to get away. I have salads premade in containers so I can grab them quick and also buy a lot of veggies at the grocery store and when I get home I vaccum pack them and put some in ziplock bags, that way they are already washed and cut up so that I just grab a bag and don't have to mess around with it.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thread Information