Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

One year ago today.....

It's been exactly one year since I lay on the operating table, my lower legs detached from my upper legs. Knees the size of large grapefruits, totally ruptured patellar tendons, and depressed beyond imagination.

I find it ironic that it's also Father's Day, and the anniversary of my horrific experience. I'm about 70%, and I'm doing all I can to get into some shows in Oct/November. Never thought I'd even say that at this time last year.

I pray this never happens to any of you. It's a very bad injury, very bad!

Just wanted to share in my early morning realization.

~SC~

psleez65 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Bro I can relate. I had back surgery 14 month ago and am finally gettin back to the lifestyle. Even had a MAJOR back spazam attack 3 days ago, had me screaming in pain. Injurys suck, surjury sucks. The worst thing is you think your Dr. will "fix" you but they can only do so much. You will NEVER be the same. Good Luck!

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

You go Bro...Never say Never!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's been exactly one year since I lay on the operating table, my lower legs detached from my upper legs. Knees the size of large grapefruits, totally ruptured patellar tendons, and depressed beyond imagination.

I find it ironic that it's also Father's Day, and the anniversary of my horrific experience. I'm about 70%, and I'm doing all I can to get into some shows in Oct/November. Never thought I'd even say that at this time last year.

I pray this never happens to any of you. It's a very bad injury, very bad!

Just wanted to share in my early morning realization.

~SC~
    Two and 1/2 years ago I was on a kawasaki 125 (imagine that 240lbs on a 125)...so anyways like the typical bodybuilder I let go for a day and decided to drink a little...well, after four beers I thought i was fukin Superman...jumped a 40 ft table top and lost it mid air about 25ft up in tha fukin air...came down and crushed my ankle(look it up...p-line fracture) the worst ankle injury there is. The Doc told me to get a cane...I asked the Doc how hard I could push it and how heavy I could go. He responded with as much as you can handle the pain. My response. "Doc as long as you are alive you will never see me on a fukin cane" I then asked him for a script of Deca and he told me no. The rest his history boyz....Peace

I remember reading somewhere about what happened. But refresh my memorie if ya don't mind homechicken.

Speed Trials is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like quite an ordeal, Swole. Your determination is admirable, as it seems like you're well on your way to recovery.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    It goes to show what heart and determination can do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I remember reading somewhere about what happened. But refresh my memorie if ya don't mind homechicken.
    Just after pics, a week after, I was playin' hoops in a gym. I was gettin' alley-oops thrown to me and was loving the fact I could still dunk my (__!__) off. I then grabbed the ball, went to do a two hands/two feet dunk, and right when I planted both legs to lift-off, knees bent, quads contracted, and SNAP........me in the air near the rim, sideways, legs flailing in the air and I smack the ground. Kneecaps 1/4 of the way up my thighs.........something telling me "yo, you can't walk"........

Ugh, don't even wanna think about it.

~SC~

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    Whack story bro. Glad to hear it all more or less worked out. Just goes to show you though what the will is able to accomplish.

Fuk me Bro!!!

Just after pics, a week after, I was playin' hoops in a gym. I was gettin' alley-oops thrown to me and was loving the fact I could still dunk my (__!__) off. I then grabbed the ball, went to do a two hands/two feet dunk, and right when I planted both legs to lift-off, knees bent, quads contracted, and SNAP........me in the air near the rim, sideways, legs flailing in the air and I smack the ground. Kneecaps 1/4 of the way up my thighs.........something telling me "yo, you can't walk"........

Ugh, don't even wanna think about it.

~SC~
    I guess Basketball for either one of us is out of the question!!!
    I still limp after a heavy leg day. I cringe on calve day. But pain is just another factor of life that we now have to deal with. It will only make us stronger and more hungry. Question being...Can I make it another grueling day??? Why don't I just give up and be a normal guy??? Why?? I'll tell ya why. Cuz we are Iron Brothers. We were made to be superior to the average person. We have the drive and desire to be the best and only the best will suvive under pressure. I say Bring It On and I will see ya on the other side. Peace

palequail is offline Banned
    **** Swole...Well good to see you are getting back on track...I hate getting hurt...Knock on wood!!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    holy ****, glad that you're doing good now man

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Glad you are still with us and going strong.

1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    yeah your legs are never the same after something like that. I had a terrible break in my left leg playing football almost 3 years ago and its still not like it used to be, never will either. it sucks having to end my fball days like that.
    Last edited by PrairieDawg; 06-20-2004 at 12:19 PM.

butterface is offline Banned
    Thats why I swore off sports, I kept getting injured becuase I tried too hard. Yet I am still trying to take up a sport and keep looking at baseball clubs. I am scared to take up a new sport because I always break something.

The good thing is that the injury made me refine leg day. I actually have better development going than I ever have, even though I can't sprint yet. (that will come soon)
    Reason being, I never liked hacks, but have learned to use that exercise to my advantage for size/shape, as well as the leg press, sissy squats, and leg extensions.
    Later on for stability will be lunges, but my upper leg size is already the same if not past what it was, because of me concentrating on working the area correctly. Ego had to be set aside w/the weights of old, and I had to learn the movements all over again. It's made my training better, and my whole body actually looks better because of those principles being applied all over the body. Legs also help the upper body's appearance, and I can begin to see that natural size enhancement that heavy leg work gives your overall look, so that's great.

Won't be too long, but I actually think I'll definitely be better than before. I have no choice, I'll work until I'm there, and I'm already past it in some regards. The mind is incredible, let me tell you. It can help to heal you, or it can tear you apart. It's your best friend and your worst enemy. It's you, and only you know what you are capable of.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 06-20-2004 at 12:43 PM.

OUCH sissy squats sound real paintful with injured knees. BTW you got the body I most admire on AR youre what i'm training to look like. I'm on your meal plan since last 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by butterface
    OUCH sissy squats sound real paintful with injured knees. BTW you got the body I most admire on AR youre what i'm training to look like. I'm on your meal plan since last 3 days.
    Thanks for the compliment bro, that's absolutely flattering as sh*t to hear.

Sissy squats are indeed intense, and are not indicative of being a sissy at all, quite the opposite.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Be proud of yourself SC...well done...props to both of you for not letting it keep ya down...

Sounds like a song I know...'thru the wire.."

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Be proud of yourself SC...well done...props to both of you for not letting it keep ya down...

Sounds like a song I know...'thru the wire.."
    Funny, when I first saw that video I thought of the same thing bro.

~SC~

cb25 is offline Banned
    Swole, congrats on the one-year recovery...

It's a scary ass story to hear, but the drive to recover and improve is definitely an inspiration...the next time i whine about a torn ACL or blown ankles...i'll shut the f*ck up for a bit...I'm still recovering from an ankle injury but reading this type of stuff makes me want to go and work on my legs right now...

You may never be the same...but it sounds like you'll be better.

Funny, when I first saw that video I thought of the same thing bro.

~SC~
    Great minds think alike

Great minds think alike
    Indeed!

~SC~

Awe Group Hug....I love you guys!!! But no ball grabbing...seriously...mine are gone. This thread is what motivation is all about!!!

Awe Group Hug....I love you guys!!! But no ball grabbing...seriously...mine are gone. This thread is what motivation is all about!!!
    Dam Clomid
    The board needs more of this IMO...

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to know that you are commin through this bro. Its an testiment to what will power can help you acomplish. Great work. Hope your at 100% soon

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    One year since surgery dude? $HIT, you are the pimpingest dawg on the block!! Congratulations bro. I'm here rooting for you and I'll help in any way I can.

mass junkie is offline banned
    I thought this thread was going to be about swole losing his virginity or something ........Seriously I know a little about what you went through bro.......I blew out my right knee a couple of years ago and had to be rushed to the ER for surgery ........but I was so liquored up when it happend I had to wait for the alcohol to get out of my system...............that was by far the worst pain I ever had to endure......I couldnt even imagine it of happening to both legs at the same time.......... IF I had a quarter for every time my arms went knumb from the crutches Id be rich..........so congrats bro on all your rehabilitation this far......Your journey back to swoleville must of been a very difficult one.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I thought this thread was going to be about swole losing his virginity or something ........Seriously I know a little about what you went through bro.......I blew out my right knee a couple of years ago and had to be rushed to the ER for surgery ........but I was so liquored up when it happend I had to wait for the alcohol to get out of my system...............that was by far the worst pain I ever had to endure......I couldnt even imagine it of happening to both legs at the same time.......... IF I had a quarter for every time my arms went knumb from the crutches Id be rich..........so congrats bro on all your rehabilitation this far......Your journey back to swoleville must of been a very difficult one.

Arm numbness is from a bad grip on the cruthces. You are not supposed to support any of your weight on the armpits. You damage the nerve in the armpit and cause pain, swelling, and numbness from it. 100% of your weight is to be supported by your arms and the armpit just keeps the crutch stable. I used to be a mad man on crutches when I broke my leg in high school. I was faster on them than on feet. I would leave early after class and you would see me flying down the halls using them like pogo sticks at 50mph it was dangerous as hell but funny as ****.

Thanks you guys.........this kind of support makes me want to work even harder. Going to have to do just that.

~SC~

VIXI is offline Female Member
    grrrrrrrr tiger...lol

Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    grrrrrrrr tiger...lol

~SC~

~SC~
    SC gets all the ladies...

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    bro a fter hearing that story your a true soldier IMO....

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LilVito469
    bro a fter hearing that story your a true soldier IMO....

I agree

<<LMO>>

SC gets all the ladies..

nah......

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    swole is my hero , hes just like batman..

Im jealous bro!!!

~SC~
    Just j/k...can I watch(if you get tired just holla tag)...please

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

that is just disturbing..

@ watching......

Hollering tag won't happen, as this cage match is 1 on 1, no rules, no time limit.

~SC~

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    good job man... keep the faith......
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information