Thread: DVD X Copy

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member

DVD X Copy

Hey can any one help me get a key code for X copy...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I tried the trial and it never worked right for me. I went with DVD Decryptor and Nero Recode to copy DVD's.

jmp51483 is offline Member
    Use dvd shrink bro... its extremely easy and free dvdshrink.com

I agree, DVDshrink it is for me too... works great.

Red

Every computer nerd i know said that DVD X Copy was the way to go.. huh.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I have nero6 on my machine.

I also have dvdshrink and dvd decrypter.

dvdshrink will strip the copywrite protection and then it integrates nero to do the burning. Very rarely will dvdshrink have trouble doing the decryption. But if it does dvd decrypter does the job. Both dVD decrypter and dvdshrink are free. Also Nero is widely available for free download on kazaa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhallmark
    Every computer nerd i know said that DVD X Copy was the way to go.. huh.
    This computer geek says DVDShrink

I've copied over 80 movies with it and only one would not work (had to use dvddecryper)

I like the fact you have total control over the compression levels on the copied DVD with it. Makes for really nice copies.

Red

Finally got X copy to work..Holy cow is that easy, one click and it burns it..Lol..

But you get the movie only. With nero/decrytpor, you have control over a lot more... just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    But you get the movie only. With nero/decrytpor, you have control over a lot more... just a thought.
    What do you mean by the movie only...? I still get the menu and every thing else..?

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanhallmark
    What do you mean by the movie only...? I still get the menu and every thing else..?
    Not postive but I think he is talking about how with the software you have you can not take things out. What happens is you have a blank dvd, that is single layered, 4.7 GB. Most movies are on Dual layered DVD's of 9.4 GB. Dual Layerd burners will become common in the next 5 years. So your software takes the movie and compresses it, which results in a loss of visual quality. DVD shrink gives you the flexability to take parts out that you do not care about, it also does a deep scan of the movie to see where there is less movement to reduce the compressin level and give you the highest visual quality possible. For example, I could care less about the menu's, I take out the warnings, I take out any extra's I don't care about, I also take out audio tracks and captions I do not want. What do I need with French captions taking disc space up? Why do I need 4 different types of audio to choose from? I pick the best one for the equipment I have and drop the rest. Combine all that with the deep scan and the picture quality is amazing because the video compresion is much less, and the software is free.

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Not postive but I think he is talking about how with the software you have you can not take things out. What happens is you have a blank dvd, that is single layered, 4.7 GB. Most movies are on Dual layered DVD's of 9.4 GB. Dual Layerd burners will become common in the next 5 years. So your software takes the movie and compresses it, which results in a loss of visual quality. DVD shrink gives you the flexability to take parts out that you do not care about, it also does a deep scan of the movie to see where there is less movement to reduce the compressin level and give you the highest visual quality possible. For example, I could care less about the menu's, I take out the warnings, I take out any extra's I don't care about, I also take out audio tracks and captions I do not want. What do I need with French captions taking disc space up? Why do I need 4 different types of audio to choose from? I pick the best one for the equipment I have and drop the rest. Combine all that with the deep scan and the picture quality is amazing because the video compresion is much less, and the software is free.
    Ohh..Yeah you can do all of that with this program...I just use the compression and put the whole movie on the disk, but yeah you can choose wich chapters and what night you want on the disk. We got dual layer burners at my work now for around 200.00 so there not the far out of reach..I just dont know how much the disks cost.

sp9
    What's the current situation with the ban on Xcopy? I know that the company was talking about actually terminating the ability for the software to work somehow through a software update.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,115081,00.asp

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    What's the current situation with the ban on Xcopy? I know that the company was talking about actually terminating the ability for the software to work somehow through a software update.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,115081,00.asp
    Dont really know..I work for a major electronics retailer..Iam not the most computer literate person, but they computer nerds at my work say that this is the best/easy-est program to use. It was pulled off the shelfs iam told because of how easily you can burn a disk. The movie industry some how got to pulled from the shelfs. It was selling for around 100.00.

I tried DVD X Copy Express and it just copied the movie only... no menus or extras. You must have a better version. I like Recode and decrytpor becasue they were free and gave me more control over what I copied. If your way works then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    I tried DVD X Copy Express and it just copied the movie only... no menus or extras. You must have a better version. I like Recode and decrytpor becasue they were free and gave me more control over what I copied. If your way works then go for it.
    yeah, i got the platinum version about 100.00 when it was in the stores.

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    DVD shrink & Nero=the perfect recipe for burning and editting, and all free.

Thread Information