LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

What is the worst injury you have ever had?

Reading palequail's thread about the face beating thing for my thinking about when I got my jaw broken. I got punched in the face while I was sitting in a chair and it broke my jaw in 2 spots. I had to have my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks and I missed the 1st 3 weeks of my senior year of high school. I would have to say that was the worst injury I have ever sustained as far as training goes.... I could not lift or eat solid food, and even when taking down 4000-6000 kcals of liquid food a day I lost about 20 pounds.

I was just wondering what injuries other people have had that messed up their training / lives for a while?

<<LMO>>

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wild sex.......... folded the willie in 1/2........... hurt for some time..................
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    wild sex.......... folded the willie in 1/2........... hurt for some time..................

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard

Ouch!

Had tons of small injuries and crap... I think the worst was when I was 6 or 7, had a little firearm accident... 22cal in my left arm. Ahhh kids playing with guns...

Red

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    How about thrown 172' in a motorcycle accident.. intensive care for 5 days...

but i ok now.............. see my pic... they got most of the hair to grow back..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    I bet there are gonna be some pretty good ones. Mine are pretty weak; got shot in the leg with a bow and arrow; last summer doin construction between school, i got chemical burns on my ankle down to my veins (skin graph from my thigh), left me on crutches all summer; a sh*tload of motocross, snowmobile, etc accidents, but nothing severe.

Knock on wood, thus fat ive been fairly lucky

-ost

butterface is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Reading palequail's thread about the face beating thing for my thinking about when I got my jaw broken. I got punched in the face while I was sitting in a chair and it broke my jaw in 2 spots. I had to have my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks and I missed the 1st 3 weeks of my senior year of high school. I would have to say that was the worst injury I have ever sustained as far as training goes.... I could not lift or eat solid food, and even when taking down 4000-6000 kcals of liquid food a day I lost about 20 pounds.

I was just wondering what injuries other people have had that messed up their training / lives for a while?

<<LMO>>
    Guys on this board sure do get punched in the face a lot. My worst injury was a broken jaw but it was self-inflicted from passing out and falling face first onto a door handle in college. Also did a 360 on my ankle and broke it off in football and the coaches called me a pussy and left the field leaving me along to hop home. Could have sued on that one and made millions but my parents wouldnt let me. You should have seen the whole administrative staff making personal visits to my hospital bed including the coaches they were scared stiff of a lawsuit.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    L4 and L5 acute lower strain with fluid build up. ouch...but valium and percacet were very good to me .

Ttt

<<lmo>>

decadbal is offline Banned
    hernitated disk in my back

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bi-lateral patellar tendon ruptures.

Horrific experience.

~SC~

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    when I was a in 8th grade, I was trying to jump over a rod-Iron fence (the balck metal fences w/ the triangular heads on top of each bar) at night when it was real wet outside. Well I put my two hands over the fence onto the crossbar to lift myself up so that i could manuever my foot onto the crossbar and jump over, but right as i lifted my bodyweight up on the crossbar of the fence my hands both slipped and I was leaning forward. Well, the top of the triangular head gashed my stomach and then impaled me under my armpit. The fence was about 8 inches into my arm running parallel to my bicep and it looked like a HUGE bulge in my arm (disgusting). I was hanging on this fence by my arm, and i had to pull up with my opposite arm to get unhung from the fence. WHen I got off i was in real shock and could feel nothing, but i lifted my arm and blood shot about 8 feet. I tookd off my shirt and rapped it under my arm and went to tthe hospital and got mad stiched, but then after about a week I got a bad infection in my arm b/c the hole was so deep, so I had to go into surgery and they cut a hole that was about 2.5 inches in diameter on the top side of my arm (bicep area). They had to stuff the hole with guaze for the first week after so that the wound would heal from the inside out and the infection wouldnt come back, and they had to remove the gauze everyday to clean the incision which was the worst pain i have ever felt. So I had a hole in my arm for about a month and just had to rap it up, but now it is just like a 3 inch frenkenstein looking scar on top of my bicep.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Bi-lateral patellar tendon ruptures.

Horrific experience.

~SC~

I couldn't even imagine it..... just curious Swole after reading your story etc.... did the docs ever come up with a cause of why your tendons gave out? Or was it just from years of lifting and playing sports and it finally had its toll on your legs?

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    when I was a in 8th grade, I was trying to jump over a rod-Iron fence (the balck metal fences w/ the triangular heads on top of each bar) at night when it was real wet outside. Well I put my two hands over the fence onto the crossbar to lift myself up so that i could manuever my foot onto the crossbar and jump over, but right as i lifted my bodyweight up on the crossbar of the fence my hands both slipped and I was leaning forward. Well, the top of the triangular head gashed my stomach and then impaled me under my armpit. The fence was about 8 inches into my arm running parallel to my bicep and it looked like a HUGE bulge in my arm (disgusting). I was hanging on this fence by my arm, and i had to pull up with my opposite arm to get unhung from the fence. WHen I got off i was in real shock and could feel nothing, but i lifted my arm and blood shot about 8 feet. I tookd off my shirt and rapped it under my arm and went to tthe hospital and got mad stiched, but then after about a week I got a bad infection in my arm b/c the hole was so deep, so I had to go into surgery and they cut a hole that was about 2.5 inches in diameter on the top side of my arm (bicep area). They had to stuff the hole with guaze for the first week after so that the wound would heal from the inside out and the infection wouldnt come back, and they had to remove the gauze everyday to clean the incision which was the worst pain i have ever felt. So I had a hole in my arm for about a month and just had to rap it up, but now it is just like a 3 inch frenkenstein looking scar on top of my bicep.

OMG.... that sounds soooo painful.

<<LMO>>

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i blow up my knee doing a handrail with my bmx bike 3 years ago. took me 3 years to finally get it fixed i had a meninsectomy last week and seems like i will need another surgery for the join slack. i had aparrently a fuked up ACL & MCL and there is 2 liguaments that have disapear ... im sooooo fukin tired of the operation table, i had like 5 serious surgeries from my birth to 3-4years old and another in 99 to fixed a malformation to my feet...

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    A broken heart.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I couldn't even imagine it..... just curious Swole after reading your story etc.... did the docs ever come up with a cause of why your tendons gave out? Or was it just from years of lifting and playing sports and it finally had its toll on your legs?

<<LMO>>
    Years and years of blacktop basketball in my hood.......then jumpsoles for many training sessions and lots of basketball and track activities in general. Developed really bad tendonitis, and had to lay off b-ball because any time I'd jump and "smack" the ground, they would immediately swell inside. Yet, I could run a 4.5 40 at 230 lbs, and no pain. No pain either squatting or anything in the gym, only when I would jump.......

The jumping finally took it's toll........not much tendon was left to support my muscle.......now there is!

~SC~

DoctaBig is offline Member
    some already know this, but i was in a head on dirt bike colision about 5 years ago that "disconnected" my leg... yada yada yada 2 weeks in hospital and 2 months in traction 6 months of physical therapy. now i have a 24" scar, a boat load of titanium, and a very crappy leg day. all well....someday i'll have one leg thats 36" and another that's 26". then i can ask snotty people which leg they want their a$$ kicked by..

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Years and years of blacktop basketball in my hood.......then jumpsoles for many training sessions and lots of basketball and track activities in general. Developed really bad tendonitis, and had to lay off b-ball because any time I'd jump and "smack" the ground, they would immediately swell inside. Yet, I could run a 4.5 40 at 230 lbs, and no pain. No pain either squatting or anything in the gym, only when I would jump.......

The jumping finally took it's toll........not much tendon was left to support my muscle.......now there is!

~SC~
    How many times have you played Bball since the injury?

Thread Information