GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

dealing with an injury

I work at a biker club as the head doorman, and at another club as a regular doorman and I recently broke my right hand (about 2 1/2 weeks ago)

their was a patron outside that was coked-out (under the influence of cocaine which gives people incredablie energy) and wanted to fight a bouncer, the head bouncer came and got me from inside to go deal with this guy (fight him)

i am a 251 pound muay thai kickboxer

so we setup the fight between me and this guy, i hit him just above the eye (twice) with my right cross (which knocked him down twice), unfortunetly, i forgot that i didnt have 16oz gloves on, so i broke my hand in the process, he got back up in a dazed sunder and charged me which his head down (as if he was going to do a leg pick) and i simply grabbed the back of his hair and kneed him in the head, he went down and i put him in a pain compliance hold for the ambulance and the police. he had lost about a pint of blood at this point, which isnt too much and had a swollen cut above his eye

but i was left with a deformed broken right hand, to be specific i broke my 4th meta-carpel (near the middle), it was a complete compression break and the knuckle got pushed back, my 5th knuckle (the pinky) was re-broken and now as a result i my pinky finger will naturally bend inward. luckly my 2nd/3rd turned out to be okay). i had to go to court for being a witness to a shooting that happened earlier in the year, and a few hours later my surgery would take place where the rebroke the hand and place a pin in so it could re-set

2 weeks ago on my birthday(June 7th), i had to kickout some guys teeth for threatening to shoot my friend and about a week ago i had to chase down some crackhead and beat him up not using my right hand for hitting one of my bouncers.

how do i deal with this hand? i can't really workout, any suggestions?
    any viteamins i can take?

(PS this post took a while to type out )

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ouch, I feel for ya man.

Perhaps it's time to look for a different line of work. At this rate, you'll have no hands in the future.

~SC~

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

thats sux bro

I hate hand injuries. they suck.. Ive had my share of ****ed up knuckles and broken bones in the hand. Ive worked doors for 7 years now and it didnt take me long to see that a trained fighter like myself didnt need to bring out my thai arsenal to take down some idiot coked up drunk, so....unless im in trouble i dont hit people, its easy enough to get on their back and choke them until their in a horizontal and unthreatneing postion.(wink)

the hand....if the bones are broke they need to be set straight otherwise if they heal and they are not set correctly then everytime you hit the thai bag you may feel it..like i said, and Im more than sure you know, hand injuries suck !

check your pms bro

TheInfamousApe

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Maybe you should wear your 16oz gloves while at work. Just an idea

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Maybe you should wear your 16oz gloves while at work. Just an idea
    lol ... yeah man the grapeling gloves would be perfect. Remind me not to hang out at that bar!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    growth hormone could help you heal up.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Ouch, I feel for ya man.

Perhaps it's time to look for a different line of work. At this rate, you'll have no hands in the future.

~SC~
    hahaha swolecat you rock - thanks alot to everyone who replied

bouncing is great buddy, love going to work everyday, infact i wake up in the morning and just cant wait to go to work, i work out at the gym and do my MMA training just so i can be a more effective bouncer

i think my passion of being a doorman is like yours for being a bodybuilder

anyways, thank you once again to everyone who replied

butterface is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    i am a 251 pound muay thai kickboxer

how do i deal with this hand? i can't really workout, any suggestions?
    any viteamins i can take?

(PS this post took a while to type out )

I suggest you quit fighting people and be a nicer guy in general so that people dont want to shoot you or your friends.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    To be honest I don't feel sorry for you at all considering you could have walked away from either of these situations.
    Your bounceing job isn't practice for your martial arts class....
    Yes there is some situations while bounceing that are unavoidable but if you continue to look for fights your either gonna end up in the hospital or dead.
    You obviously don't have the temperment for the job so until you grow up you should find another line of work.
    I certainly wouldn't wanna work with you...

bdmothafukka is offline New Member
    dude i feel 4 u, i really do cos when i was ur age i was exactly the same. but let me just giv u sum advice that helped me with the error of my ways.
    "karma", doesnt matter if u believe it or not but it visits all of us sooner or later, u need 2 learn to relax or sooner rather than later sum1 bigger and better will cum a knocking.
    and besides do u really need the headaches of all that sh*t getting in the way of ur training, not likely.
    and if all that fails get sum CS gas, it works wonders and it will drop any man without any force.
    by the way GH and not fighting will save u sum serious injuries.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm lol u sound mean, i hope i dont ever run into u while drunk ill endup dead for nothing:|

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    To be honest I don't feel sorry for you at all considering you could have walked away from either of these situations.
    Yes there is some situations while bounceing that are unavoidable but if you continue to look for fights your either gonna end up in the hospital or dead.
    You obviously don't have the temperment for the job so until you grow up you should find another line of work.

Couldn't have said it better myself. MB, I remember you posting a thread when you started bouncing first, sounds like you've matured well. I'm working doors 17 yrs now and have NEVER put myself into a position whereby I'd to fight a guy one-on-one like that. And if any of my lads got themselves into that position they'd be looking for a new door P.D.Q.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Couldn't have said it better myself. MB, I remember you posting a thread when you started bouncing first, sounds like you've matured well. I'm working doors 17 yrs now and have NEVER put myself into a position whereby I'd to fight a guy one-on-one like that. And if any of my lads got themselves into that position they'd be looking for a new door P.D.Q.
    Yep I remember that thread as well.
    I was lucky enough to start off in that line of work with experienced guys who showed me the proper way to work the door.
    And just to add something else that I think alot of bouncers forget:
    Wearing the yellow security shirt doesn't give you a free pass to bash someone's skull in with-out facing charges from the law.
    A few years back in ocean city MD there was 4 bouncers that beat a guy to death...Now 2 of them are spending the rest of their lifes in jail and the other 2 got 15yrs a piece.
    Something to think about before you square off with someone....

BWHAHAHAHA

i gotta pretty good sense of humour so i'll ignore all the bashing were doing on poor GQBouncer today

okay, i guess you guys have never worked a crackhead biker club before..

now, you all assume i'm just some bully that goes around and picks on the first person who's half my size, with no capability of intelligently defending themselves right? or even more, i beat up drunks who get a little to cocky and start lipping me off?

these guys are hells angels members, prospects or lackies and of course all the independents, youth underground and asian dudes -> now how it works is that there's an honor system, there ain't no 8 on 1 beat down because they could come back on you for that. So, for example, if someone has to leave, you simply approach him and say "excuse me sir, it's time for you to go " to which there reply is almost always a classy "**** you".

(now i should interject - if they are so drunk that they can't intelligently defend themselves than we just haul them out or talk to his senior in which he deals with it.)

now back to how it works, so he says "**** you", all of his buddies are there, and there are much more of them than there are bar staff (not just security) and they've all gone quiet and are getting ready to tear apart the bar for such "disrespect"

so you simply reply indicating that you want him 1 on 1 outside - ussually it goes something like this "**** me? **** YOU! YOU PIECE OF ****, you wanna be a toughguy? you wanna fukaround? (clearly say this) i want you one on one outside - now" and walk towards the front door.

at this point everyones following you outside to see this fight - which is important to establish reputation. ensure you show respect to the older bikers and allow them to handle the refree position (street rules - if they're knockedout or tapped out there done)

importantly, when you win - shake his hand and allow him to leave with his masculinity in check, the next time he comes back he'll shake your hand and give you alot of respect.

---

Now sometimes there certainly are exceptions for these "1 on 1" rules, but only 3 instances happened where they pulled a knife on the spot - remember if you don't stand up for yourself you'll get walked on all your life

bouncing is great, i work nights, i'm in a leadership position and it supports me through college (which strangely enough i'm taking criminology to be a cop )

...can someone please come to my defence so i don't sound like a dork?
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 06-24-2004 at 05:52 AM.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    part of your line is work is dealing with trash- in trashy places! Chalk it up to on-the-job injury.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    BWHAHAHAHA

i gotta pretty good sense of humour so i'll ignore all the bashing were doing on poor GQBouncer today

okay, i guess you guys have never worked a crackhead biker club before..

now, you all assume i'm just some bully that goes around and picks on the first person who's half my size, with no capability of intelligently defending themselves right? or even more, i beat up drunks who get a little to cocky and start lipping me off?

these guys are hells angels members, prospects or lackies and of course all the independents, youth underground and asian dudes -> now how it works is that there's an honor system, there ain't no 8 on 1 beat down because they could come back on you for that. So, for example, if someone has to leave, you simply approach him and say "excuse me sir, it's time for you to go " to which there reply is almost always a classy "**** you".

(now i should interject - if they are so drunk that they can't intelligently defend themselves than we just haul them out or talk to his senior in which he deals with it.)

now back to how it works, so he says "**** you", all of his buddies are there, and there are much more of them than there are bar staff (not just security) and they've all gone quiet and are getting ready to tear apart the bar for such "disrespect"

so you simply reply indicating that you want him 1 on 1 outside - ussually it goes something like this "**** me? **** YOU! YOU PIECE OF ****, you wanna be a toughguy? you wanna fukaround? (clearly say this) i want you one on one outside - now" and walk towards the front door.

at this point everyones following you outside to see this fight - which is important to establish reputation. ensure you show respect to the older bikers and allow them to handle the refree position (street rules - if they're knockedout or tapped out there done)

importantly, when you win - shake his hand and allow him to leave with his masculinity in check, the next time he comes back he'll shake your hand and give you alot of respect.

---

Now sometimes there certainly are exceptions for these "1 on 1" rules, but only 3 instances happened where they pulled a knife on the spot - remember if you don't stand up for yourself you'll get walked on all your life

bouncing is great, i work nights, i'm in a leadership position and it supports me through college (which strangely enough i'm taking criminology to be a cop )

Bro. that sounds like high school ****. I worked at one of the toughest bars in town and never had to fight anyone. Not saying that I did not have to get into big scuffles but never went outside and fought. I'm not bashing you bro but from my expierence that is no way to run a club. In most towns 3 calls for outside fighting and you get fined. After a certain amountr they take your liqour license or shut the door. I would go work some place else.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Sorry, buds but I agree with what Bouncer, MBaraso and the other guys all said. You shouldn't engage in that type of altercation, not because of some moral reason but it it definitely not in your best interest in the long haul. Remember you job is to make it home not to be the baddest dude in town.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I said that somebody outside wanted to fight a bouncer, and i was the one that the head bouncer (of the other club i work at) picked.

I didn't look for this fight, I didn't provoke this fight, and I didn't want to fight

please don't tell me to grow up, because i was promoted to head bouncer after i disarmed a gunman wielding a glock when i was 19 (about 5 months ago)

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    fair enough bouncer, i respect you alot so i won't talk back to you

Thread Information