singern is offline Banned

Changing times require open minds.

Just like the Bible, the constitution was written in a different time. Today the world is a different place, and certain aspects of both are no longer applicable to the times. The bible used the power of God to keep people in line and out of trouble. Our constitution also should be viewed as such, and laws need to reflect those changes. Weather it be the right to bear arms, or the right to withhold your name.
    Those who use the constitution as a non alterable, non breakable constant of there universe need to keep an open mind and move forward.
    The best example is the middle east where the Arab nation was once regarded as the capital of intellectual progress, but the closed mind of religious zealots has kept them in the dark ages for several thousand years.
    Last edited by singern; 06-23-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    The reason they became so stagnant was giving the government too much power.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    too much reading do u have any pictures

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    lmao at bubba...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Well the reason they became stagnant, was the empire began to fall and they could no longer reap the benifits of the advances of those they exploited!

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Actually, they had to get approval from their religious leaders to use any new technology to determine if it should be allowed under their religion.

only an example

I only used the Arab nation as an example, I didnt mean to single them out. Any nation with a dictatorship, strict religious controle, or non democratic government reflects this problem in some way. It is our diversity in Culture, politics, and religion that make us strong.
    Viva la democracy......

decadbal is offline Banned
    mindless propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    mindless propaganda

Why??

decadbal is offline Banned
    saying the bible and our constitution needs to be changed, i dont think they govern as much now as they used to, but changing them....mindless and propoganda for some stupidier reason which i care not to know

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    What about amendments?

saying the bible and our constitution needs to be changed, i dont think they govern as much now as they used to, but changing them....mindless and propoganda for some stupidier reason which i care not to know

I respect your opinion, but dont agree with you at all.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    What about amendments?
    You beat me to it dude. The constitution has been changed numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    What about amendments?
    Amendments are our strength, our ability to effect change, but try and discuss amending something like the right to bear arms, and see the constitution shoved down your throat. Or how about abortion and get the bible thrown at you. these are just examples I use to describe the fanatical use of a book, or document created to control a population. The constitution is a great asset, but people must understand it is imperative we keep it current and dated relevant to our times.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Is there a specific point in the current constitution that you fel needs to be changed today?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Agreed. We have exactly the same issues in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Amendments are our strength, our ability to effect change, but try and discuss amending something like the right to bear arms, and see the constitution shoved down your throat. Or how about abortion and get the bible thrown at you. these are just examples I use to describe the fanatical use of a book, or document created to control a population. The constitution is a great asset, but people must understand it is imperative we keep it current and dated relevant to our times.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Is there a specific point in the current constitution that you fel needs to be changed today?
    Good question, but my point was really regarding open minded reasonable flexability.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i understand your analagy, but the constitution is a "flexible" document. depending on your interpritation and political point of view- strict constitutionalist/ loose. thats why the united states, as a relativley young country has the oldest running constitution, its ment to be bent and interprited to meet the needs of the times..
    "the right to bear arms" ment something totally different when it was written, there was a revolution that just took place... and now people who question its comtemporary legitimacy use that statement to their defense. while if guns were "banned" the only people who would suffer are law abiding citizens- cause thugs and drug dealers dont give a F*** if some one amends the consittution...
    see my point?

Thread Information