Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Prison

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    To be honest. I never sang a different tune in any of the charges I have on my record. Even though I think some of the charges are B.S. i was always willing to accept the issue at hand and the consequences that came with it. Sorry bro!
    But how hard can it really be to deal with the consequences of J-walking?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Are you serious? You don't think they should differentiate between violent and non-violent crimes? Petty crime (shoplifting, minor drug possession, mischeif) is one thing but physically harming another human being is totally different IMO.

where does it stop? minor shoplifting, drug possesion, b and e, auto theft, etc.... you let a minor drug possesion off and the next thing you know the same person is robbing someone a gun point?

I bet if that same person who committed a minor crime and was let off with a simple slap on the hands came back and committed a crime of violence on someone in your family you would be saying wtf is the system doing letting this previous offender off?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    But how hard can it really be to deal with the consequences of J-walking?
    what? Are the Umpa Lumpas on strike or something and you have nothing better to do?
    Last edited by abstrack; 06-23-2004 at 11:59 PM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks good to me- good to see chain gangs making a come back!

worldknown is offline Banned

yee

i live in arizona, and that pimp is balling AZ up

Symian is offline Member
    I personally agree, and love it. I also agree with Abstract because, what's the big deal with manual labor? Just like he said our troops are living in the same conditions plus getting shot at!

Plus the punishment for the said crime is administered in time. If it's a lesser crime=less time. Worse=more. But you know no one is gonna wanna go back!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    More on the AZ Sheriff. With temperatures being even hotter than usual in Phoenix (116 degrees just set a new record)
    Actually the record for Phoenix is 122 degrees. I lived there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    The food can't be so good @ 40 cents a serving.I wonder if it meets nutritional requirements?So do the prisoners starve if they have no money to eat.
    They probably earn so many cents a day for working on the chain gangs. Or if they go in the negative it's an owed debt to the state that will come out of thier state tax return after they get out.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    thats a jail for lesser offenders not a prison where real convicts would say kiss my a$$ and stand up

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Those arizona boys dont know the meaning of hard times til they get sent to LA county jail. The heat will be the last thing they worry about as they dodge the shankings and head bashings on a daily basis. At least in the CONtents, they dont have the energy to hold a knife.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    You get beat down real good in LA by LAPD before even going to prison though. LOL

D

Personally I think there is a big difference in possession and distribution. Possession is harmful to one person, me, distribution is potentially harmful to many groups of people. Simple possession with no associated crime is victimless. That's like saying the person caught with a weed plant that is used for personally consumption is somehow harming his neighbor.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Hey....if ya do the crime do the time. I'm sick of prisoner's living better than many tax paying citizens.
    If anyone believes this they never been to prison. Also steroids are illegal so if anyone thinks all prisons should work like this I hope you get caught with steroids in Arizona and have to work on a chain gang. I did 4 years and prison wasn't better than any tax payers life. Maybe a non-tax paying bums life but not anyone elses.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion thats what makes the US the best country to live in, but that is a ridiculous thing to say. Especially coming from any AAS user, not saying you are Barbi, just saying in general.

ANYONE THAT AGREES WITH THIS TYPE OF CORRECTIONS SYSTEM THAT USES AAS I PRAY TO JESUS, ALLAH, BUDDAH, SATAN, NETER, WHATEVER GOD IS REAL THAT YOU GET CAUGHT WITH AAS'S. Bet you change your opinion on day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    thats a jail for lesser offenders not a prison where real convicts would say kiss my a$$ and stand up
    You got that right. This thread is pissing me off I got to go back to the lab.

OK I am calmer now. I am not an advocate of crime, and I think people that do harm to others deserve the worst of the worst when it comes to punishment, however, there are people incarcerated for crimes that were victimless or involved voluntary victims, like drug users, and with the latest propaganda steroid users are gonna be a bigger chunk of that list. So if all prison systems go to these 1772 prison methods people like us are gonna be on chain gangs, living in desert tents, paying to be in jail, so don't be so quick to jump on this hillbillies nutsack for coming up with this idea.

For the record when that kid damaged those cars overseas I forget what country it was, and they beat him with a stick, I supported that, but if a guy gets caught with coke, steroids , weed etc. I dont support these ridiculous sentences they recieve. I am speaking from experience.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    OK I am calmer now. I am not an advocate of crime, and I think people that do harm to others deserve the worst of the worst when it comes to punishment, however, there are people incarcerated for crimes that were victimless or involved voluntary victims, like drug users, and with the latest propaganda steroid users are gonna be a bigger chunk of that list. So if all prison systems go to these 1772 prison methods people like us are gonna be on chain gangs, living in desert tents, paying to be in jail, so don't be so quick to jump on this hillbillies nutsack for coming up with this idea.

For the record when that kid damaged those cars overseas I forget what country it was, and they beat him with a stick, I supported that, but if a guy gets caught with coke, steroids, weed etc. I dont support these ridiculous sentences they recieve. I am speaking from experience.

I understand what you're saying. And I've done time, albeit not 4 years, but 8 months for possession. Not to mention multiple 2 or 3 weekers for stupid stuff. All I'm saying is that if anything it will hopefully make the inmates more disciplined, MAYBE, but it will sure make them not want to come back. Now if that results in a positive rehab is up to them. You can never really rehab anyone if they don't want to be.
    Last edited by Symian; 06-24-2004 at 10:00 PM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Once they are out, they forget about being in and they go back to their old ways.
    I laughed at all the people reading the bible in jail cause I knew they would be selling it for crack the next week they were set free.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    BTW, my cash says that some hells angel of mexiacn mafia member is gonna be paid a large sum to execute that guys butt...
    they've tried already, numerous times. but no one has been successful. it's not hard to figure out where he lives either. he's kind of a crusty old man, but he doesn't seem to hide either...

personally, i like what he does. JMO.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    LOZ -

I am not talking about your everyday guy that gets caught with drugs (of any form) for personal use, etc. I'm talking about rapists, murder's, thugs, drug dealers, etc...to name a few.

I have a brother that was facing 2-60 in the Oregon State Pen for dealing drugs. He got off on a technicality, violation of his civil rights. As far as I am concerned....he was dealing drugs to kids...he deserved to go.

As I said, I don't necessarily agree with the laws on drug use. I think that we criminalize things that we don't necessarily need to.

I've been to many local jails and prisons. I've seen the conditions. I'm not saying it's a party life....I'm saying that in many prisons, the bad guys (i.e. hardcore criminals) have a lot more than they should. We have kids living on the streets, we have families struggling to feed themselves, we have kids that can't get a good education and elevate themselves from their current status....but we have rapists and murder's having access to the internet, movies and free education.

OK?????

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod

For the record when that kid damaged those cars overseas I forget what country it was, and they beat him with a stick, I supported that, but if a guy gets caught with coke, steroids, weed etc. I dont support these ridiculous sentences they recieve. I am speaking from experience.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

After your "visits" did it not make you want to stay out of trouble???

Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    I understand what you're saying. And I've done time, albeit not 4 years, but 8 months for possession. Not to mention multiple 2 or 3 weekers for stupid stuff. All I'm saying is that if anything it will hopefully make the inmates more disciplined, MAYBE, but it will sure make them not want to come back. Now if that results in a positive rehab is up to them. You can never really rehab anyone if they don't want to be.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

I just finished a course for my Criminal Justice degree on "Victimless Crimes". I caused huge debates because I do not believe in arrests for certain crimes. I believe that if you want to be a prostitute or frequent them, more power to you. That is YOUR choice. I feel that prostitution should be regulated like any other business. I also feel that we should decriminalize certain drugs....including steriods . While my personal choice is not to use drugs of any sort, I don't feel the govt should regulate that any more than they do cigs or alcohol. I feel that it's a personal choice. With that said, if you commit a crime that impacts someone else as a result of your personal choices, you should be dealt with accordingly.

Symian is offline Member
    After your "visits" did it not make you want to stay out of trouble???
    Doing the bigger time sucked because it was part of my life that was lost for something stupid, and I lost a lot more than just time.

But as for the short stints at county, that was cake. They are so over croweded that I would get out in half the time, or less, than I was supposed to. The choice of either paying my fines off or sitting them out was an easy one to make. County sucks, but I could sleep all day and night and watch tv, plus I only had to stay a week to pay off $2K worth of fines. I barely make that much in 2 months!

BUT if they had made me do manual labor. Fu@k, I'll pay the fines!

I see your point. Prostitution and stuff are "nuicance crimes" and I live in the city and stuff like that is a nuciance thats not going anywhere, so I agree with you, if people want to trick, get high, etc, do it like Amsterdam, regulate it, clean it up, make it nice looking, and get to puffing, licking, sticking whatever.

The murderers and rapists and the real scum dont live in the tent cities, its petty offenders, and some of them deserve it, but some dont. The question is .... do you punish the not so bad to make sure you punish the bad, or do you not punish anyone because you dont want to inadvertanly punish those that dont really deserve it.

LOZ -

I am not talking about your everyday guy that gets caught with drugs (of any form) for personal use, etc. I'm talking about rapists, murder's, thugs, drug dealers, etc...to name a few.

I have a brother that was facing 2-60 in the Oregon State Pen for dealing drugs. He got off on a technicality, violation of his civil rights. As far as I am concerned....he was dealing drugs to kids...he deserved to go.

As I said, I don't necessarily agree with the laws on drug use. I think that we criminalize things that we don't necessarily need to.

I've been to many local jails and prisons. I've seen the conditions. I'm not saying it's a party life....I'm saying that in many prisons, the bad guys (i.e. hardcore criminals) have a lot more than they should. We have kids living on the streets, we have families struggling to feed themselves, we have kids that can't get a good education and elevate themselves from their current status....but we have rapists and murder's having access to the internet, movies and free education.

OK?????

Hmmmm I would say our's is not a perfect system. If it was, maybe we would have less crime. I agree that innocent people go to jail all the time. It SUCKS. It is unfortunate. It would be nice if we could have a very good scale for level's of crime receiving certain levels of punishment. I imagine it would be a pain in the ass to try to regulate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information