Dawnix is offline New Member

Red face Help on quitting Smoking : )/'''''''''

Anyone has tricks or methods on quitting smoking?
    I know it's hard and you must have will power and stuff, but i tried to stop two times now and it does'nt last more than a week or two. I don't drink (alchool) and would be willing to stop smoking but it is so hard. I truly dont believe in the patch or taking pill and stuff so please don't replie with patch and pill method. I looking for something that will be done naturaly and healty. This would be good for me cause i'm starting my cycle and smoking will only do harm. Please help and thank you (if someone replies lol)

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    buy about a thousand packs of gum and keep chewing and chewing....worked for my girlfriend...you just gotta be dedicated...have the will power to not give in to the cravings....the gum helps though...

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Alot of sun flower seeds and gum ,bro -seems to help if you keep your self busy to ,good luck ,It s the way i quit 4 years ago !!!!!

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    the nicorette gum worked wonders for me. Dont count on nicorette doing all the work for you . It was one of the hardest things i had to do but well worth it i felt great after i quit you would be suprized how healthy you feel.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Put an elastic band on your wrist and snap it hard every time you get a craving. Supposedly you'll associate the cravings with pain, and the cravings will become less frequent and severe. But who knows, I don't smoke.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    nicorette gum, jolly ranchers, and one cigarette
    i carry the one cig around and dont light it just to break the habbit of going through the motions of smoking(hopefully i can switch to suckers soon), you wont belive how many ppl will ask if you need a light for that smoke, i just tell them i quit and that gives me a little more help not to light the smoke

NightOp is offline Member
    ok, lots of good replies above but i think there is a better way> This is what my dad did and worked for him great.

First> YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT, you can't just say "its bad for me i wish i could stop..." (not that u are sayin that, im just explainin...) you have to REALLY want to quit..

Now, here is the trick... If you go cold turkey or use the sun flower seeds method or whatever, its VERY hard to quit because you a consiously or subconsiously thinking "wow this is my VERY LAST smoke.. and after that Im quiting" .. most ppl can't handle this after a few months... SO what you do is trick your mind by the following method >

Pick a small amount of smokes (such as three or so) and smoke them today. Now, start by going TWO days without smoking and once those two days are over, smoke three cigs (the 3rd day). Now go four days without smoking and then smoke your three cigs on the fifth day... Next go a whole week without smoking, then the next day (follwoing your smokeless week) have your three cigs... then go two weeks, smoke your three cigs, then go a month without smoking, then smoke three cigs, and keep doing this until you are up to YEARS of "breaks" from smoking... This sounds dumb, but it is MUCH easier todo because you don't ever technically speaking,COMPLETELY QUIT. (meaning eventually you will have to go 10 years without smoking, then you can have 3 smokes, then you go 20 years... etc.... HOWEVER after you reach the first year or two of not smoking.. you ususally have broken the habit enough to stop completely... if you still want to smoke, look forward to the next time you get to, even if its years away...)

I hope i was clear in explainin this, and btw- lung tissue starts to regenerate after three months of not smoking, so if you want to make "bigger jumps" than just doubling the period of not smoking, then try goin 1 week withouth smoking, then smoke, then go 3 weeks, that way you accelerate the process (if you can handle it).. you can change the program either way but be sure to stick to it.. i hope this helps, good luck
    Last edited by NightOp; 02-17-2002 at 03:51 PM.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    You smokers will probably kill me for saying this, but...
    Your body can only be "addicted" to nicotine for about a week. That means that after 7 days of not smoking, the only thing that is still addicted to them is your Mind. You went for a week without smoking before, so do it again, only this time, keep your Mind occupied.

kklown is offline New Member
    zyban worked pretty good for me.. if your health insurance doesnt cover stop smoking aids, you can always get your doctor to write the prescription for anti depression too.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Get a load of old fag butts and ash and stick them in a jar.Fill it up with cold water anbd put a lid on.everytime you crave a ciggie just smell that.Wow that does stink LOL

Biker is offline New Member
    Zyban is the same thing as Wellbutrin.Same drug,will make your cravings much less painful.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    mate harden up and just quit simple as that. I havent had a smoke in i think 4-5 weeks(i have a post here some where) i dont take gum or patches or any other shit, because i want to save money. Someone said your only addicted a week lol haha thats some funny shit, i like that, since i stopped i have been the most irratible son of a bitch you would ever meet. If my kids dont listen the first time or if they give me a bit of lip fuck im ready to chuck them through a window or something and the missus well we all know what women can be like(sorry ladies i gotta say it) bitch moan and whine at us for jack shit right? well i hope you got a quite time out place you can go when you get nasty cause ya gonna need it.well what ever way you choose good luck and keep us posted..................HITMAN

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by VEGETA990
    You smokers will probably kill me for saying this, but...
    Your body can only be "addicted" to nicotine for about a week. That means that after 7 days of not smoking, the only thing that is still addicted to them is your Mind. You went for a week without smoking before, so do it again, only this time, keep your Mind occupied.
    [/QUOTE

Smoking is more additive than heroin(FACT)But saying that you are right it is all in the mind...

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    guys at work that have quite..rave about how good Zyban is....never personally smoked thank god...but i would give that a try..it helped them.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    i have smoked for years an now i look like this........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help on quitting Smoking : )/'''''''''-3898catnmouse8-thumb.jpg  

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    HAVE MORE SEX!!!! It relieves the stress and you may not think of picking up a cig as much! JMO

NightOp is offline Member
    Originally posted by Babyweight
    HAVE MORE SEX!!!! It relieves the stress and you may not think of picking up a cig as much! JMO
    now thats the kind of girl im gonna marry lol
    Last edited by NightOp; 03-21-2002 at 03:30 PM.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    It's true..... :-)

Thread Information