Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

I hope they make an example out of Barry Bonds!!

Bonds is the biggest egomaniac! I hope they take it all away from him.

Report: Sprinter says Bonds received drugs

Associated Press

6/24/2004

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Sprinter Tim Montgomery testified last year that he used human growth hormone and an undetectable steroid , and that the man at the centre of a Bay Area steroid ring told him he supplied baseball star Barry Bonds with performance-enhancing drugs, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday.

The newspaper report includes direct quotes from Montgomery's testimony to the federal grand jury that investigated the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative. The Chronicle did not say how it obtained the information; it is illegal to give grand jury testimony to the media.

Montgomery, the world's fastest man, was told Wednesday that he faces a lifetime ban from the sport despite his repeated public denials that he has used any performance-enhancing drugs.

His lawyer lashed out at the leak of his secret testimony. Montgomery was among dozens of elite athletes - including Bonds, fellow baseball star Jason Giambi and Montgomery's girlfriend, Olympian Marion Jones - who answered the grand jury's questions under threat of perjury.

"No one can legally or legitimately have Tim's grand jury testimony, and if they think they have it, I would like to see it,'' lawyer Cristina Arguedas told the Chronicle. "Otherwise, there's no way I can respond to these blind allegations, and I'm not going to comment on it.''

Montgomery reportedly testified Nov. 6, 2003, that in 2001, BALCO founder Victor Conte gave him weekly doses of human growth hormone and a substance called ``the clear'' - which Montgomery referred to as a "magic potion.''

Montgomery said he was told "the clear'' was not an illegal steroid, but that he understood that HGH is a banned substance. Montgomery set a world record of 9.78 seconds in the 100 metres in 2002.

Montgomery also gave second-hand testimony implicating Bonds, the San Francisco Giants slugger who has hit the third most homers in baseball history. According to the Chronicle, prosecutor Jeff Nedrow asked Montgomery about Conte's dealings with Bonds.

"Did he say he gave any steroids , Winstrol or any of the other ones to Mr. Bonds?'' Nedrow asked.

"Yes, he did,'' Montgomery replied.

"Did he say specifically which ones?''

"Winstrol,'' Montgomery said.

Winstrol, whose pharmaceutical name is stanozolol , is the same steroid Canadian Ben Johnson used before being disqualified in the 1988 Olympics. Montgomery testified that Conte told him Bonds switched to an undetectable steroid in 2003 when baseball introduced its drug policy.

"I have reason to have serious doubts about the accuracy of all that,'' Bonds' lawyer, Michael Rains, told the Chronicle. "I doubt very much that Conte would be talking about anything he's giving to anybody.''

A message was left by The Associated Press at Rains' office late Wednesday night.

"The clear'' was later to be determined to be THG, a previously undetectable steroid at the centre of the BALCO scandal, which now threatens to keep some of America's top sprinters out of the Athens Olympics.

Montgomery, Michelle Collins, Alvin Harrison and Chryste Gaines have been accused by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of steroid use . The agency told Montgomery that it is seeking to ban him from the sport for the rest of his life, two sources familiar with the USADA's warning letter told the AP on Wednesday on condition of anonymity.

"USADA's leap to judgment on the flimsiest so-called 'evidence' confirms our worst suspicions - that it is resorting to McCarthy-like tactics in its efforts to ruin Tim's reputation,'' Montgomery's lawyer, Howard Jacobs, said in a statement Wednesday.

USADA does not have access to the grand jury testimony but is using documents obtained in the investigation to implicate athletes without positive drug tests.

Collins, the 2003 world indoor champion at 200 metres and a potential medallist in the Athens Games, also was notified USADA would seek to ban her for life, according to her lawyer, Brian Getz, who said he plans to appeal.

Three-time gold medallist Jones, the mother of Montgomery's son, also is under investigation by USADA but has not been accused of any wrongdoing. Montgomery was not asked at the grand jury about whether Jones used illegal steroids, the Chronicle reported.

Montgomery did testify that Conte began giving him banned substances soon after the 2000 Olympics, the newspaper reported.

"How many times did he give you human growth hormone?'' Nedrow asked Montgomery at one point.

"He would send four vials a month,'' Montgomery answered.
    Montgomery told Nedrow he had followed the regimen for "maybe eight months.'' He said he got no benefit from "the clear'' and split with Conte in September 2001 over a money dispute. He broke the world record the following year.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=88791

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    yup.. they should make an example of him.. chances are hes going to get a slap on the wrist if anythign at all.. dont we all love the multi billion dollar sports world?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Make an example of him for what? doing what he has to do?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Make an example of him for what? doing what he has to do?

That's not doing what he has to do..... that is cheating. You never saw bonds hitting massive home runs when he was a scrawny little weakling. Did you watch the steroids special on foxnews? They showed a pic of him when he was 20, and now when is 40. He is double the size. It is a shame.... I have nothing against the use of steroids for bodybuilding and related lifting sports as well as fighting..... but I think it is cheating in sports like baseball and football because your size does count in those sports. If you have tallent and size you are unstoppable.

I hope Bonds gets his record taken away from him..... he is a cocky son of a b*tch anyway and I never liked him.

<<LMO>>

Aboot is offline Banned
    They'll never get him without a positive test. So far it's just idiots ratting out on others. Unless there's concrete proof, this won't be resolved.

Plus, the fact that it was reportedly winstrol just makes it more suspicious.

I don't give a fukk if he acts hitler or the pope, what am saying is that ppl want to see home runs, fast sprinters......can you imagine how dull sports would be without steriod use?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Personally I don't see how steroids are cheating... Just improving your body so you can be stronger. It's not like youre corking a bat, youre just using all available resources to make yourself better. Like lifting, should they ban weightlifting in sports cuz it makes people stronger? Or creatine? Its just cuz steroids are illegal under the LAW that they're illegal under sports, b/c if they werent, then sports would be promoting steroid use .

There are some sports that are all skill that I think steroid usage is fine in..... but sports where being bigger/faster/stronger INCLUDING baseball is just plain cheating. I have nothing against steroid usage, hell I am planning on doing it myself soon. But I think steroids don't belong in sports. Anyway you look at it, it is cheating

<<LMO>>

Bump..... I want to see other people's opinions on this

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Personally I don't see how steroids are cheating... Just improving your body so you can be stronger. It's not like youre corking a bat, youre just using all available resources to make yourself better. Like lifting, should they ban weightlifting in sports cuz it makes people stronger? Or creatine? Its just cuz steroids are illegal under the LAW that they're illegal under sports, b/c if they werent, then sports would be promoting steroid use.
    Yup.

~SC~

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Steroids never helped anyone hit a curveball.

Like him or not, he is still one of the best talents to ever play the game.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Steroids never helped anyone hit a curveball.

Like him or not, he is still one of the best talents to ever play the game.

D

I'll agree with you on that.....

<<LMO>>

For all those that have played baseball, you'll know that Bonds is amazing. He gets nothing to hit, yet his homer:AB ratio is the highest ever. He's batting 350+. Hitting homers takes some power/bat speed, but you have to make contact, and Bonds gets nothing to hit! All of the sluggers of today's game juice....that's no mystery, but Bonds far exceeds them all, because he is a great hitter. AAS helped him get more Homers out of the contact he does make, but making contact is still all him.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    There are some sports that are all skill that I think steroid usage is fine in..... but sports where being bigger/faster/stronger INCLUDING baseball is just plain cheating. I have nothing against steroid usage, hell I am planning on doing it myself soon. But I think steroids don't belong in sports. Anyway you look at it, it is cheating

<<LMO>>
    They are not cheating anymore than we are cheating. They all have the same opportunities to take drugs (and do) I am big but cant hit a ball to save my life and I know it. These guys are pros not because of size because they have a skill better than the next guy in their field of expertise. Is being able to run faster or hit harder a bonus? Yup. But if you cant do it to begin with then you have no place in being there, like me. This is jmo

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    They are not cheating anymore than we are cheating. They all have the same opportunities to take drugs (and do) I am big but cant hit a ball to save my life and I know it. These guys are pros not because of size because they have a skill better than the next guy in their field of expertise. Is being able to run faster or hit harder a bonus? Yup. But if you cant do it to begin with then you have no place in being there, like me. This is jmo

This is true.... you have to have the tallent to get there. I am not taking anything away from the pro's who got up there..... but I don't care what anyone says..... just like einstein said above he wouldn't hit the ammount of homers he does if he didn't have the size/strength from his AAS usage. It is still his skill in hitting etc. for making contact and for that I give him credit.... but you can't attribute his recent success completely to his skills. And I don't see how we are cheating using AAS when most of us use it for personal goals etc. I know a lot of guys on here compete..... but you have to remember that most of the guys you compete with use juice as well. It's not a sport like baseball where most guys don't juice.

Now remember.... I have nothing against AAS usage.... I am just stating my opinion that I think AAS usage in CERTAIN Sports is cheating because it does give you a clear advantage over your fellow players.

<<LMO>>

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    I wish all sports didnt test... not like most tested athletes arent on GH lactic acid buffers, and/or undetectable designer AAS to ay the least.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know but I think at any pro level your playing "dirty" with all sorts of enhancements

These guys have designers diets, workout regimens, and supplements. AAS is just another facet to this designer jewel.

Okay why the use of steroids in sports is cheating... sport is based on talent and strength... I never said the dude isn’t talented... but he’s hitting .350+ to say that the use of steroids doesn’t factor into that is ridiculous he would be hitting ground balls or fly outs instead of homeruns if it wasn’t it for his strength (be it natural or not) that is the simple fact that in sports strength is a HUGE if not deciding factor for anyone who says different must not be watching the same sports as I am.. Cause to hit a ball or to get sacks or tackles you need to have some strength...

**** whats the point of baseball then? They should just put batters in cages and let them hit homers for 3 hours stright.. Sport is based on competiveness if one is take a short cut to obtain something that he couldnt obtain naturaly what do you call that?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    **** whats the point of baseball then? They should just put batters in cages and let them hit homers for 3 hours stright.. Sport is based on competiveness if one is take a short cut to obtain something that he couldnt obtain naturaly what do you call that?
    You sound like Bush at the state of the union! are we not "cheating" by using drugs of achive a body which otherwise might nit be possible?

Okay why the use of steroids in sports is cheating... sport is based on talent and strength... I never said the dude isn’t talented... but he’s hitting .350+ to say that the use of steroids doesn’t factor into that is ridiculous he would be hitting ground balls or fly outs instead of homeruns if it wasn’t it for his strength (be it natural or not) that is the simple fact that in sports strength is a HUGE if not deciding factor for anyone who says different must not be watching the same sports as I am.. Cause to hit a ball or to get sacks or tackles you need to have some strength...
    I agree....to an extent. However, put yourself in the batter's box. Most hitters get pitched to such that all pitches are in or just barely out of the strike zone....several pitches per at bat to hit. Bonds gets nothing to hit. Any other player can stand in there and expect just about any pitch to be hittable. (Imagine the discipline and patience it takes to stand in there and know you'll get nothing to hit....with maybe a few rare exceptions......and then still hit it cleanly nearly everytime. I don't care if they put up 100' tall outfield fences, Bonds can still outhit everyone in today's game....I'm talking making clean contact. He's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I agree....to an extent. However, put yourself in the batter's box. Most hitters get pitched to such that all pitches are in or just barely out of the strike zone....several pitches per at bat to hit. Bonds gets nothing to hit. Any other player can stand in there and expect just about any pitch to be hittable. (Imagine the discipline and patience it takes to stand in there and know you'll get nothing to hit....with maybe a few rare exceptions......and then still hit it cleanly nearly everytime. I don't care if they put up 100' tall outfield fences, Bonds can still outhit everyone in today's game....I'm talking making clean contact. He's amazing.

of course the guy is talented as i said. however he still needs the power to drive those balls out of the park or even into midfield..

You sound like Bush at the state of the union! are we not "cheating" by using drugs of achive a body which otherwise might nit be possible?

are your competeing in something that flat out tells you the use of substance x is prohibited? please next time dont make personal comments if your irrevelent to the conversation..

are your competeing in something that flat out tells you the use of substance x is prohibited? please next time dont make personal comments if your irrevelent to the conversation..
    WTF i can't beleve that you took that personal.....

WTF i can't beleve that you took that personal.....

i didnt but what is the logic behind a comment like that..? is it soppoused to be funny?

i didnt but what is the logic behind a comment like that..? is it soppoused to be funny?
    Fine sorry if came across like an ass.....this is my logic, sportmen of today have to live up to some very high standards so to help achive and maintain those standards AAS are used...imagine going to a school that you had to get at exams 99%-100% to pass any thing under a fail....you would have to cheat at school cuz of the hi-standards.

I don't care how good he is...he's a f'ing arrogant prick. I hope they take it all away from that clown.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    You guys are all ass clowns...You are basically promoting anti-steroid legistlation. Leave the guy alone. Most professionals probably use performance enhancing chemicals but bonds just happens to be more skilled and genetically better than them. All these people giving testimonies are a bunch of friggin snitches and should be treated as such. Someone please kneecap their butts...

I don't care about the AS use...I just want him to eat some humble pie.

Bonds Responds - the guy should take some English classes!

Bonds tears a strip off Montgomery

Associated Press

6/24/2004

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Barry Bonds avoided specifics Thursday when asked about the latest doping allegations against him, instead unleashing a flurry of expletives toward sprinter Tim Montgomery.

Montgomery reportedly testified to a grand jury that the man at the centre of a Bay Area steroid scandal told him he supplied the San Francisco Giants' slugger with performance-enhancing drugs.

"I ain't never met Tim Montgomery. I don't know Tim Montgomery. I've never seen the dude in my life,'' Bonds said before the Giants' game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. "I don't even know what the guy does.''

According to a report Thursday in the San Francisco Chronicle, Montgomery testified last year that BALCO founder Victor Conte told him Bonds switched to an undetectable steroid in 2003 when baseball introduced its drug policy.

The newspaper's report included direct quotes from Montgomery's testimony to the federal grand jury that investigated the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative. The Chronicle did not say how it obtained the information.

"It's stupid. I didn't read the thing. I just heard about it,'' Bonds said.

The six-time NL MVP has repeatedly denied steroid use .
    "It bothers me when people I don't even know are saying stuff about me,'' said Bonds, who hasn't homered in nine games. ``Next time, if I know for sure so-and-so, they're going to talk to my lawyer from now on, I guarantee that. If any of them statements are true, they're going to talk to my attorney, I guarantee that - in a lawsuit. ... See you in court, brother.''

Bonds' last homer was June 13 at Baltimore. He is third on the career list with 676, trailing Hank Aaron (755) and Babe Ruth (714). He has 101 walks, 55 intentional.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=88848

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think ppl are just b1tchs when they deny it when they use it, thats just being a liar... Barry bonds is a huge asshole, and is hated for it, he is also the HR king as of now, so that means something, to the tards who give a dam about the bore fest called baseball, i could give a dam if they all juice then die... baseball needs to go anyway..lol

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    AS should be legal.

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by M PWR
    AS should be legal.

-Sean

Wow that was a useful post

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i think ppl are just b1tchs when they deny it when they use it, thats just being a liar... Barry bonds is a huge asshole, and is hated for it, he is also the HR king as of now, so that means something, to the tards who give a dam about the bore fest called baseball, i could give a dam if they all juice then die... baseball needs to go anyway..lol
    Long live hockey!!

Fine sorry if came across like an ass.....this is my logic, sportmen of today have to live up to some very high standards so to help achive and maintain those standards AAS are used...imagine going to a school that you had to get at exams 99%-100% to pass any thing under a fail....you would have to cheat at school cuz of the hi-standards.

these people do have to live up high standards, infact there are the very best 1% out of the millions of individuals that play the sport.. they are the very best thus why the get paid millions.. when you incorporate steriods into the equasion your giving them an advantage that others dont have.. either everyone should do it or no one.. simple as that..

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Long live hockey!!

**** Canadians

<<LMO>>

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    Well, if you admit to steroid use and you are a professional ahtlete, you just opened yourself up to all kinds of BS. The media, players, coaches are all gonna be talking about it. They are gonna get tested, possibly get any kindof records taken away. Pro Bodybuilders don't admit to it. Hell, I deny it when people at the gym or in public ask me if use...

decadbal is offline Banned
    maybe he needs to just get into a rage and fight someone..

bubbathegut is offline Member
    they should make an example of ronnie coleman, steroids are bad mmmm k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information