Grant is offline Member

SOCKS proxy server

Okay, since one of those files were infected I had to delete this file, where can I get a new SOCKS proxy server, i'm trying to get on WinMx and it wont let me,

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Okay, since one of those files were infected I had to delete this file, where can I get a new SOCKS proxy server, i'm trying to get on WinMx and it wont let me,
    Try eDonkey2000 it has a lot more app type software like you are looking for.

http://www.edonkey2000.com/

Peace,
    CC

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Reinstall winmx, and get yourself a firewall my friend.

Grant is offline Member
    no kidding!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Look at my other thread Grant. About your problem, I posted some links to help you brother.

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    ......... do you guys know what a proxy server is? The only reason you would need to use a proxy to connect to WinMX is if you were trying to do it at work or on a college connection where your online activity is monitored and or restricted so that you can not connect to winmx. A proxy server is just something that acts as a buffer between you and winmx. You can't connect to winmx because your place of business and or network restictions wont let you, BUT you can connect to a proxy server because there is no possible way to block all of them out. The proxy server downloads what you want for you then streams it directly to you. Now if you are on a home computer this is completely unneccesary and its a simple matter of changing your winmx settings. If you in fact do need a proxy because your limited as to what your internet connection will let you connect to then good luck my friend... finding a good proxy is like finding gold.

Thread Information